Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think that at the root of this problem is the fact that maps are so wildly unbalanced, with snipers for example being very effective and useful on defense maps and much harder and different to play on attack/control maps. People that main Hanzo/Widow still get decent win rates as a result of this, with most of their losses coming from attack maps and most wins from defense maps with their mmr hovering in the middle somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    This discussion can have so many different sides to it. Do you change your pick in all matches if something is needed? If so, are you the first one, for if you are, then it wouldn't be needed for others etc etc
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    "Fuck other people in the team" the thread.

It's a sad, sad story =].

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the worst is when someone rolls bastion or dwarfbjorn on an payload attack, le sigh, thankfully i like playing mercy and black dude so i always have heals to fall back on
    Actually a good Torb is great on payload Attack.

Armor is OP and yet people completely underestimate/neglect it. A good Torb can not only watch your flank with good turret usage (preventing the defenders form sneaking up behind you as you push), but will be popping out armor for your team, effectively giving everyone 100 more health.

He is just harder to use properly on payload than on defense. (though his hight comes in handy...he can get right in under the payload in the back and they can't see him unless they flank around it. Short FTW.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Use humor to deal with it, also set the option "avoid this player" when you run across a player you want to avoid. You can pull the menu up in match with P, just right-click the name and the option is there (the opposite is also available if you have run across people you like playing with).
    They removed the "Avoid this player" option, because people abused it. It's still in the right click settings, but it's been disabled since the latest "update".

As for players like this, you get them in any kind of game. You either grow to ignore it like I do or get friends to group queue. It's a shitty situation, yea, but not much you can do when they refuse to cooperate.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    They removed the "Avoid this player" option, because people abused it. It's still in the right click settings, but it's been disabled since the latest "update".

As for players like this, you get them in any kind of game. You either grow to ignore it like I do or get friends to group queue. It's a shitty situation, yea, but not much you can do when they refuse to cooperate.
    How were people able to abuse it?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You don't get to determine how other people play the game they paid for.

If you're truly that upset about how others play, get five other friends that you know will communicate and play that way.
    Anything else puts you at the mercy of someone who has every right to play the third attacking Torb as you do any other class.
    But they do? By not playing this game like how it's intended, they are ruining it for all those that do. Again, this astounds me. You would defend that they get to ruin the game for everyone else. You are defending ignorance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually a good Torb is great on payload Attack.

Armor is OP and yet people completely underestimate/neglect it. A good Torb can not only watch your flank with good turret usage (preventing the defenders form sneaking up behind you as you push), but will be popping out armor for your team, effectively giving everyone 100 more health.

He is just harder to use properly on payload than on defense. (though his hight comes in handy...he can get right in under the payload in the back and they can't see him unless they flank around it. Short FTW.)
    I play Torbjörn a lot, and sometimes on attack. I surprised my whole team by getting 4 gold medals on attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But they do? By not playing this game like how it's intended, they are ruining it for all those that do. Again, this astounds me. You would defend that they get to ruin the game for everyone else. You are defending ignorance.
    In defending their ability to play the game they paid for, the way they want.
    I don't bother pugging anymore for the exact reasons you've mentioned. The difference between us however is that I queue with friends who are like-minded in goals.
    Instead of trying to change the other 10million people ingame, I changed my play style so I could still have fun.

Pugs can play how they want. We've all payed to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm not going to attack people for simply playing poorly, no.

Especially in Quick Match pugs.

Seriously, guys. Get your expectations straight.
    I expect people to play the game properly. Why would you not play it right? What is the motivation for not doing the absolutely simplest things? The whole excuse that "I play for fun" is absurd and always used to justify being bad by saying "I'm just having fun", as if it's somehow difficult to play correctly and have fun at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect people to play the game properly. Why would you not play it right? What is the motivation for not doing the absolutely simplest things? The whole excuse that "I play for fun" is absurd and always used to justify being bad by saying "I'm just having fun", as if it's somehow difficult to play correctly and have fun at the same time.
    Then you expect too much from random people.
    Your expectations will always lose to the desires of random people

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    How were people able to abuse it?
    Pretty much what Bovinity Divinity said. Avoiding better players or people that just got on your nerves for whatever reason. It'd make queue times longer, even if you didn't know you were being avoided.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I've encountered games to where people complain about not having a healer or tank, then demand someone switch over. Seriously, switch yourself. lol You can't force a person to play something they don't want to play. Deal with it and overcome. If you don't like your team makeup, leave the game, you can do so easily enough and join another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    In defending their ability to play the game they paid for, the way they want.
    I don't bother pugging anymore for the exact reasons you've mentioned. The difference between us however is that I queue with friends who are like-minded in goals.
    Instead of trying to change the other 10million people ingame, I changed my play style so I could still have fun.

Pugs can play how they want. We've all payed to play.
    This has nothing to do with rights. It requires no effort to even bother doing it correctly. None. There is no right, no excuse, to not play correctly. It's lazy, ignorant, selfish. They don't have a right to ruin it for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I've encountered games to where people complain about not having a healer or tank, then demand someone switch over. Seriously, switch yourself. lol You can't force a person to play something they don't want to play. Deal with it and overcome. If you don't like your team makeup, leave the game, you can do so easily enough and join another.
    I agree, but on the other hand you shouldn't go into this game not being able to play atleast one of each class of hero. It's what makes you a good player, versatility and the ability to adapt.

Wait for competitive mode, will sort itself out eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with rights. It requires no effort to even bother doing it correctly. None. There is no right, no excuse, to not play correctly. It's lazy, ignorant, selfish. They don't have a right to ruin it for everyone else.
    But they do.
    The cost of entry ensures that.
    You seem to not realize that to those types of players you're a particularly vocal bot. Nothing else.

Deleted
    Irrelevant.

Especially in a Quick Match environment. If you're that worked up over what other people are doing in an unranked mode, you need to get your priorities straight.

And once ranked mode comes out, if you're actually that much better than them, you'll never see those people again anyway.
    Why is it irrelevant? Don't just dismiss me without explaining yourself. It's in no way irrelevant.
    It's so easy to do it right. So easy.

I don't think you read what I wrote at first at all. I sincerely don't believe ranked mode will help anything. I've played enough ranked in different games to know that it doesn't change squat. I was even rank 5 in Heroes of the Storm and people still did the dumbest things, trolling, being toxic, not communicating, and so on.

I don't want people to just be good. I want them to at least TRY. The problem isn't that players are bad, it's that they are willfully bad. They choose to be bad and choose to ignore objectives, ignore their team, ignore the flow of the map, everything. Why can't we hold thigns to a higher standard than this? It's so defeatist. So pessimistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Chances are you do about a thousand things wrong or poorly in every game, too.

Hell, there's a really high chance that what you think is "wrong" is probably helping more than you are in any given situation. You're not some MLG pro, you're not the sole arbiter of what "doing it right" is.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny part there is that the same people will complain that they're stuck in "Elo Hell" and can't get out because "my teams always suck".

Or, "That thing every Bronzie in every game complains about."
    You purposefully seem to ignore what I've pointed out.
    It's not that people are bad. It's that they're IGNORING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE GAME and celebrate doing so, even insult you if you in the most polite manner try to suggest what is needed.

You're also making completely baseless assumptiosn about me and it's frankly insulting.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but on the other hand you shouldn't go into this game not being able to play atleast one of each class of hero. It's what makes you a good player, versatility and the ability to adapt.
    I really hate to break it to ya, but it has every thing to do with rights. When you buy the game, there is nothing saying "you must play x way". I have 3-4 mains. I play them and them only. I am extremely good at them. If someone on my team says "dur we dont have heals, someone go heals", I tell them "you go heals, im playing wtf i want to play".

When I bought the game, i purchased the right to PLAY the game exactly how I want to. Im not toxic. I don't insult people, but im going to play any game i buy exactly how the hell I want to play it, period.

They test my patience to the limit. I often have to stop playing because I get some games in a row, where there's one or more players that stubbornly refuse to do anything with the team. They don't change their picks. They don't play with the team. They don't listen to communication. They don't communicate themselves, until the end of the game where they'll just insult you.

When and where, did it become acceptable for peoples selfishness and ignorance to be more important, even DEFENDED, rather than the enjoyment and effort of the team as a whole? People loudly and aggressively defend themselves not giving a shit about their team and even say it's their RIGHT to do so. I just can't understand this kind of absolute arrogance and selfishness.

I sincerely doubt ranked play will remedy this is in the slightest, as people tend to be even more ignorant and above all elitists in ranked modes in any game, and thus anything they do is above reproach.
    I really, really wish Blizzard would adress this somehow. Make people watch some instructional videos that can't be skipped, or something like that. Force people to at the very least, watch videos that instruct them about teamwork and the importance of coordination.
    But worst of all, is that you will get punished if you don't stick through the entire game with one or more people like that on your team. You get punished for their ignorance, just because you don't tolerate them. I understand that leaving a game and putting some other poor bastard into it instead of yourself isn't good, but that really isn't my fault. It's the fault of the players that are so bad, so ignorant, so selfish and even toxic, that I feel forced to leave.

What does Blizzard do about that? Nothing, nothing at all. They keep punishing the innocent as if that'll fix the problem.
    Like with many things in the real world, education is the solution. Present information in a proper way that cannot be avoided, test the player and make sure they understand it.
    Personally, I would love to see a system where one can report people for trolling and non-cooperation, but I realize that is an impossible dream. I fear that the reason that would never happen, is because it's too much effort and it would inconvenience the casual, non-commited audience of the game.
    It makes me sad, because this is a really good game and when teams actually work, it's very enjoyable.
    I'm a team player type switches, roles yadda yadda yadda.

That still doesn't mean I agree with your overbearing attitude.

They spent the money, they play how they want.

Sick of it? Get a team. Period.
    Last edited by Ravex; 2016-06-27 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    When I bought the game, i purchased the right to PLAY the game exactly how I want to. Im not toxic. I don't insult people, but im going to play any game i buy exactly how the hell I want to play it, period.
    Does your right to play the game how you want trumps other people's right to play the game how they want?

If yes, then you are a closed minded selfish prick.

If not, then maybe, just MAYBE you'll realize that other people want to enjoy their game too. Other people, payed for this game too and this may come to you as TOTAL surprise but some even DARE to hope for a win. Maybe that other guy in the team switched to Lucio despite him loving Dva so he won't have to suffer XXX defeat in a row, so he will (at least attempt to) help out useless pricks like yourself?

This is a game where if everyone just plays they way they want - your team has close to zero chances for a win. Again, I know it's a big shocker to you but that's how TEAM based, OBJECTIVE oriented games are. Don't like it? Take it to blizz.