Are the Dreadlords Actually not sided with the Legion?

I think the Dreadlords are just assistants/slaves to the Legion just like some Void creatures, they do not belong in the demon category since they have their own planet and probably a vampiric kingdom with someone else who leads them, they basically got assaulted by the Legion and some of them were forced to join them just like the Draenei. Also they are the cause of major events, Mal'Ganis made Arthas become the Lich King, Tichondrius made Illidan become that winged demon thing, and Varimarthas made the forsaken to be hated by both alliance/horde with the Wrathgate assault. Since the vampire theme is still kinda missing from the game (we only saw it as dreadlords + the blood princes in wotlk) there is a lot potential to get an expansion on Xoroth/Natherza and possibly even a vampiric race.

IIRC in Chronicles, Sargeras pretty much went to them and said join me or i'll kill you all. So who knows? It's been so many tens of thousands of years at this point and they are still together. Maybe they are just waiting for the Legion to fall, or maybe the are loyal at this point.

--SNIP--

Don't post spam

Uhh...

...yes?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-27 at 08:55 PM.

No. Dread lords were in Sargeras's jail before he broke it apart. They were the ones that showed Sargeras the plans of the Old Gods. Multiple Legion races have planets of their own, Like the Ereadar and Felsteads to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    I think the Dreadlords are just assistants/slaves to the Legion just like some Void creatures, they do not belong in the demon category since they have their own planet and probably a vampiric kingdom with someone else who leads them, they basically got assaulted by the Legion and some of them were forced to join them just like the Draenei. Also they are the cause of major events, Mal'Ganis made Arthas become the Lich King, Tichondrius made Illidan become that winged demon thing, and Varimarthas made the forsaken to be hated by both alliance/horde with the Wrathgate assault. Since the vampire theme is still kinda missing from the game (we only saw it as dreadlords + the blood princes in wotlk) there is a lot potential to get an expansion on Xoroth/Natherza and possibly even a vampiric race.
    So looonnngg story short. The Titans were born out of worlds or "World-Souls" Since the void lords could not manifest into physical existence and they wanted to destroy everything, they created the old gods to invest planets and infect the "newborn titans" so they could point them towards destruction.
    The titans sought out to find these world souls to nourish them and when they were born take them on into their "Panthion" Which was basically what they called their group of titans.

Anywho, Sargeras (When he was still a titan and not for the burning legion) found the world that the dreadlords lived on. They told him the world soul in the world was heavily corrupted by the old gods. Thus, Sargeras slashed the world in half killing the world soul and destroying the dreadlords planet. So with having no where to go. The dreadlords joined Sargeras after he created the burning legion.

*bonus* Sargeras started the burning legion right after that as he saw that the void lords were unstoppable and the only way to cut them off was to destroy all life in the universe.

I think all demons would kill sargeas to take his place if they had the chance

I mean, this whole "we gonna be evilz and destroy the universe" does not create the most healthy work environment...

10+ Year Old Account
    They are with the Burning Legion out of interest, they are:

1) Forced into servitude
    2) Are given a lot of power

So they are there because of both

they are demons, they're one of the original demon species. they have no prior, uncorrupt form, they were born as demons.

they are with the legion due to forced servitude and the ability to get power and it's a pretty good way to get to unleash your chaotic demon nature.

though they seem to be predisposed to void magic as well, and at least one has come to serve the light. since pure demons are the mix of light, void, and the fel of the nether, they must have a draw to all three.

Deleted
    It's clarified in Legion, according to wowpedia:

Dreadlords are corrupted by demonic magic. Lothraxion belongs to the group of Dreadlords cleansed from it and is a secondary leader of the Army of the Light

10+ Year Old Account
    More or less, yes they are with the Burning Legion. They might do some void stuff but you could say that about warlocks using Fel magic, they aren't necessarily always with the Legion but they use powers similar to the Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't think there's a single race in the Legion that isn't a corrupted version of an existing race.

If I had to guess, Nathrezim are not naturally "good guys" so to speak and are probably still generally asshole vampires but the legion is what turns them from Dracula ripoffs to bat-flinging demonic masters of manipulation and shadow magic.

Since we've seen that there's at least one Nathrezim in the army of light, there has to be others so there is very likely a "good" sect of them somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It's clarified in Legion, according to wowpedia:

Dreadlords are corrupted by demonic magic. Lothraxion belongs to the group of Dreadlords cleansed from it and is a secondary leader of the Army of the Light
    uh, what? the chronicle literally just came out and said that nathrezim are one of the original demon species. are they already having a fuckup with their newest, supposed highest canon lore?

I have a theory that they are actually Void agents that are ensuring the Legion's downfall from the inside.

But I believe they will also turn on the Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    uh, what? the chronicle literally just came out and said that nathrezim are one of the original demon species. are they already having a fuckup with their newest, supposed highest canon lore?
    What? the chronicles just say that they are one of the original demon species that formed the Burning Legion (under Sargeras command), its stated somewhere in the Chronicles that most demonic race are just normal races that were corrupted by fel magic (Note: There does exist TRUE demons though), also we are not completely sure if the Nathzerim are people that were corrupted or if that guy (the paladin champion) is a Nathzerim who have been cleansed (either way we know that those guys planet is gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What? the chronicles just say that they are one of the original demon species that formed the Burning Legion (under Sargeras command), its stated somewhere in the Chronicles that most demonic race are just normal races that were corrupted by fel magic (Note: There does exist TRUE demons though), also we are not completely sure if the Nathzerim are people that were corrupted or if that guy (the paladin champion) is a Nathzerim who have been cleansed (either way we know that those guys planet is gone)
    i'm pretty sure that redshirt guy said from the chronicle, that they were one of the original demons, not corrupted into demons.

that would also explain why the light dreadlord still looks like a dreadlord, just missing his horns and wings.

also, what happened to the tothrezim? they still canon?

The Nathrezim, or Dreadlords as we call them, do side with the Sargeras and the rest of the Burning Legion. They take join in manipulating lesser races and sowing the seeds of distrust and chaos in civilizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    There many reasons to join the Legion

Power
    To be spared the wrath of Sargeras and the Legion
    To stop the destruction of the universe at the hands of the Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm pretty sure that redshirt guy said from the chronicle, that they were one of the original demons, not corrupted into demons.

that would also explain why the light dreadlord still looks like a dreadlord, just missing his horns and wings.

also, what happened to the tothrezim? they still canon?
    I guess they are not (having in mind that they were only mentioned on the RPG books)

If they can only truly be killed in the twisting nether one likely is a demon in this story. I also think demons aren't like a race but more a being corrupted by the fel. So I would imagine none of the started out on the side of the legion but they were all either conquered and forced to corruption or surrendered willingly to it without a fight. Orcs are a good example of a more surrender approach as they willingly drank the blood and humans were more an example of the conquered when the first attempt was with the orcs and then as they were poisoned into the undead. Of course in both examples we also see it isn't a 100% certain either and we also saw the legion fail twice as well. I imagine it has a lot to do with the nature of fel like creatures to seek greater power and control for themselves.

So in the end they respect power greater than their own. If they saw a chance to run the show they would take it. But I doubt they would risk it against a fallen Titan for example. Not to mention orcs, humans, and night elfs are likely on their all time shit list so the odds of us seeing an act of treason is even further deminished. But most of this is just my opinion.