Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think that was later, after synergies came in. There were several eras of D2 really.

Except for say, runes. To this day I have no idea how anyone got a HR outside of duping or trading with people who duped. I had like 6 accounts full of chars and mules, played for years, in all that time I think I saw one Ohm and that was it! I also used to collect uniques and sets, but I never found a single SoJ, which was the unit of currency LOL.
    Synergies were added in patch 1.10. Prior to 1.10, NOBODY used sorc bots for leveling runs, cause leveling runs took place in the cow level. Sorc bots were used for magic finding, not XP runs. And people mostly used zons to clear cow level fast, since both Multishot and Lightning Fury cleared even 8 player cow games insanely fast in .09(Lightning Fury still does). 1.10 nerfed cow XP and buffed Baal XP, hence the switch to Baal runs, usually with hammerdins since they were basically god mode. There were a few sorc bots who did Baal runs, but from someone who spent a LOT of time in Baal runs, most sorcs were actually real players, botters almost always used hammerdins...though there were a couple of regular wind druid bot runners too.

And over the years, I found a few high runes. Not a ton of them, but a few. Rune drops were buffed in...1.12 I think, but the game was slowing down by then so it didn't benefit as many people. Even before the rune drop buff, I found a Cham(second rarest rune behind Zod) doing a random run through Worldstone Keep Lvl 3. Found a couple of Bers, saw a Jah drop but someone else got it, saw an Ohm drop but someone else got it, few others. Also found 3 or 4 SoJs over the years.

Over the later ladder seasons I've found so many high runes and made most of the interresting runewords without trading (or botting).

Just do 100 Countess runs and maybe 20-30 hellforges and you should have enough to get enigma, hoto and a cta.
    From there start farming nhitlak, baals minions, ubers for a chance at the really high runes (and yes this can take a while).

The gems needed for cubing them is kinda more of a tedious farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    They own the freaking servers, how much more control do they need?
    They cannot control people. If someone wants to cheat, he will do it no matter what.

If it was that easy, no one would break the law in the same way. It's like blaming the police because people don't respect speed limits on roads.

EDIT: again, i agree that bots should have been dealt with much sooner than now, but at least now they're being dealt with.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-04-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yes. Why do you ask, do you know a way to do what I want?

Why would I want to bind 'Force Move' to K? Why does it sound like I have elective mode disabled? Come on, just do in game what I want to do and tell me in 1-2-3-4 simple steps what to click.

Let's me quote myself:

What I want is very simple:
    1) Binding 'Force Move' to left click. (I could theoretically macro it, but then even if this was in game, how would I pick up stuff?)
    2) Putting Corpse spider on 5, while I already have abilities on 1, 2, 3, 4 and RMB, while LMB is a melee attack.
    So what you want is only ONE attack on the mouse, bound to RMB, and attacks on 1-5 instead.
    I.e you want a free melee attack, and 5 other abilities.
    You can't do that.
    It was something they looked at adding in RoS, but they decided against it.
    However,
    You can have ANY combination of LMB + RMB + any four other key binds.

What I do to circumvent that is put push to move as w, and problem solved.

You probably ran baalruns, that's why you never found the good stuff. If you wanted a soj, you'd run andy/meph. If you wanted HRs, you'd run cow level/chaos sanctuary. If you wanted the rare sets/uniques you'd run pit/tunnels/chaos/wsk/pindle. Baal was there for exp and the once in a blue moon good drop.
    I did a fair few Andy/Meph/Pindle runs, but Baal is what 90% of the games seemed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Synergies were added in patch 1.10. Prior to 1.10, NOBODY used sorc bots for leveling runs, cause leveling runs took place in the cow level. Sorc bots were used for magic finding, not XP runs. And people mostly used zons to clear cow level fast, since both Multishot and Lightning Fury cleared even 8 player cow games insanely fast in .09(Lightning Fury still does). 1.10 nerfed cow XP and buffed Baal XP, hence the switch to Baal runs, usually with hammerdins since they were basically god mode. There were a few sorc bots who did Baal runs, but from someone who spent a LOT of time in Baal runs, most sorcs were actually real players, botters almost always used hammerdins...though there were a couple of regular wind druid bot runners too.

And over the years, I found a few high runes. Not a ton of them, but a few. Rune drops were buffed in...1.12 I think, but the game was slowing down by then so it didn't benefit as many people. Even before the rune drop buff, I found a Cham(second rarest rune behind Zod) doing a random run through Worldstone Keep Lvl 3. Found a couple of Bers, saw a Jah drop but someone else got it, saw an Ohm drop but someone else got it, few others. Also found 3 or 4 SoJs over the years.
    The Sorc bot literally just ported around the level until it found Baal's room, people took whatever class they liked to it. I do remember hammerdins became popular after 1.10, along with Skele necros.

You might be right about the Sorcs being humans, I always assumed that the tele Sorc was a bot since they followed the same path every game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I did a fair few Andy/Meph/Pindle runs, but Baal is what 90% of the games seemed to be.

The Sorc bot literally just ported around the level until it found Baal's room, people took whatever class they liked to it. I do remember hammerdins became popular after 1.10, along with Skele necros.

You might be right about the Sorcs being humans, I always assumed that the tele Sorc was a bot since they followed the same path every game.
    Baal is what 90% of the games seemed to be because people were doing Baal runs for XP. People running Meph/Andy/Pindle were doing them solely for drops, so they did them in private games(or surreptitiously in PK games and stuff) so nobody would be competing with them for the drops, that's why you wouldn't see Andy/Meph/etc runs listed on the game list. From 1.10 onward you didn't see many cow games in Hell either, but people farming for runes or white/socketed items were running them in private games all the time.

About bots, people didn't usually(there were exceptions) run them with sorcs because sorcs were comparatively squishy(resulting in the bot having to quit too many games) and because immunities could drastically slow down their run time. For something programmed to react to things a certain way, it was just safer to bot with a hammerdin. When I hosted Baal runs, I usually ran them with my sorcs...I got called a bot many times, and I didn't even use Maphack to speed my runs up.

When I said bots I just meant the ones opening portals, they never fought anything they just teleported all the way from the last waypoint to Baal's room and opened a portal, then the actual team stepped through.

But anyway, it's been a long time so I probably don't remember it all that accurately. I do remember that it was pretty much all runs on a small number of bosses who had the highest treasure classes (like the ones you mentioned). D3 obviously went to some lengths to stop that phenomenon repeating.

You can effectively control people with cd-key bans, they just chose to not care. It's like blaming the police for browsing youtube instead of handling an armed robbery, i.e. a valid complaint.
    I understand your points and it is a valid one. As i said, Blizzard needed to tackle the issue sooner - but they're taking measures now, so at leats we can hope for a better future?

When I said bots I just meant the ones opening portals, they never fought anything they just teleported all the way from the last waypoint to Baal's room and opened a portal, then the actual team stepped through.

But anyway, it's been a long time so I probably don't remember it all that accurately. I do remember that it was pretty much all runs on a small number of bosses who had the highest treasure classes (like the ones you mentioned). D3 obviously went to some lengths to stop that phenomenon repeating.
    Yeah, you're remembering a little off. All of the bots fought, cause many games they would get nothing but leechers in there with them. I ran a lot of Baal runs myself, often to help friends level. We would rush my friends, Chaos run them to 60, do Hell Ancients, then they would Baal until they hit whatever level they needed to gear up(usually 76, for Hellfire Torch). Doing runs, I often got games where everyone in game but me was someone who had been rushed, Chaosed, and was now in the process of leeching until they hit the level to gear up, and bot games were the same way. The bot would teleport to Baal, open a portal, kill all the minions then Baal himself(with or without the other players help), then on to the next game. The bots NEVER relied on the rest of the team to do any killing, cause often the rest of the team flat out couldn't do any killing.

Yeah exactly. I feel like playing a D2 paladin... which is why I never played a hammerdin.

- - - Updated - - -

You can effectively control people with cd-key bans, they just chose to not care. It's like blaming the police for browsing youtube instead of handling an armed robbery, i.e. a valid complaint.
    So go play Diablo 2. Diablo 3 is balanced around 6 abilities, not 6 + Melee.
    And where did you pull playing a paladin? Your posts were about witch doctors.

Seems to me like you are trolling for the sake of trolling.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Only thing I missed from D2 in D3 was the Necromancer and a much less "IN YOUR FACE" storyline, because let's be honest, the D3 story wasn't exactly good enough for it be enjoyed at a constant face value.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't really get the objections to D3's story.

Story of Diablo 1: Uh oh demons, better kill them! You did? Cool.
    Story of Diablo 2:
    Act 1: Follow the Dark Wanderer
    Act 2: Follow the Dark Wanderer
    Act 3: Follow the Dark Wanderer... shit too late
    Act 4: Kill the big red dinosaur. You did? Cool.

EXPANSION PACK!
    Act 5: I wonder who the traitor is... maybe it's that creepy guy who hates you and everyone suspects him... SURPRISE IT WAS! Now kill four barbarians and a big spidery monster. Tyrael chucks his sword at a rock. Yay! Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I asked on steamgifts, so also i will try here.

All i know, that mana pool from D2 is gone. Anything else about getting items, difficulty and other things? I consider buy soon D3 with RoS expansion.
    D2 = Demonic disturbing scenery and menacing music/sound effects to carry the weight of the intensity in the creatures trying to kill you as you soiled your pants as a kid progressing through each Act
    D3 = Felt like a cartoon version of demons. Happy blood explosions that looked like jelly jam and not blood.

This has always been a major dislike of mine. What happened to the "dark feeling" we all got playing diablo? It went away in Diablo 3.

I mean nothing beat walking into Anderials layer with pools of blood and bodies and kiting her around the grand hall.
    Or being chased in between hallways by Mephisto magically throwing shit through walls.

Every boss encounter in D3 was cool, but nowhere near as awesome as what it was in D2. Felt like I was raiding in WoW whenever I faced a boss in D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    D2 was good from launch till today.

D3 was good, even better then D2 until the expansion and decent up to seasons.

Seasons ruined the game for me
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    D2 was good from launch till today.

D3 was good, even better then D2 until the expansion and decent up to seasons.

Seasons ruined the game for me
    Well, season take about 1 week to do everything casually and solo, and 12 hours if you're in an optimized/dedicated group. You can just roll one char for that and then get back on your original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroofeelya View Post
    D2 = Demonic disturbing scenery and menacing music/sound effects to carry the weight of the intensity in the creatures trying to kill you as you soiled your pants as a kid progressing through each Act
    D3 = Felt like a cartoon version of demons. Happy blood explosions that looked like jelly jam and not blood.

This has always been a major dislike of mine. What happened to the "dark feeling" we all got playing diablo? It went away in Diablo 3.

I mean nothing beat walking into Anderials layer with pools of blood and bodies and kiting her around the grand hall.
    Or being chased in between hallways by Mephisto magically throwing shit through walls.

Every boss encounter in D3 was cool, but nowhere near as awesome as what it was in D2. Felt like I was raiding in WoW whenever I faced a boss in D3.
    I actually found D3 to be a lot darker, more vile, and graphically violent than D2. For example, your spells and skills make enemies shred and explode and the effect is further enhanced by proper physics implementations. Regarding story, you start right off with Tristham which is under siege by zombies of various degrees of decay. You have to help the blacksmith kill the quarantined villagers, even his wife who pleads for help as she turns before your eyes. That's pretty dark. The monster themselves are also more grotesque, like the bloated corpse demon which is infested by parasitic worms that attack you upon the demon's death. Or the corrupted hand maidens of the slain queen, now cannibalistic monsters that vomit body parts that form soldiers of the dead. D2 had nothing as foul as these things.

Also, the graphics in D2 were not more realistic or more mature. I think a lot of the spell effects and rare monsters made the whole thing look like a glaring mess, like this:

I really don't see how D3 looks more cartoonish. I suspect that many of D3 players today were like 12 years old at the time of D2, and were blown away, while now, nothing can really make that kind of impression on them. I don't buy that shorter light radius contributed to make the whole game seem "scarier".

EDIT: The only thing that did disappoint me in D3 was the music. It was good, but nothing like the legendary quality of the first two games. I guess they need Matt Uelmen to come back for these types of games.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2016-06-29 at 11:45 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!