Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Says the guy who supports a team who gets all their talent from their rivals.
    And... look where they are now... English teams get their talent from all over Europe and they still can't win shit outside of England. I mean, you pay what, close to 100 million Euros these days? Bayern does more than any English club does with transfers less than 50 million, averaging more on the 20 million line than above it. Talk about not having a clue about modern football...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Will probably be Brenda.
    Could be plausible if (and I mean will) not qualify for the CL with Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Townsend is what you call a quality replacement? He only played 16 games last season, is that right? 4 goals, 2 assists? In 16 games? That's 288 minutes per goal. compare that to Müller's 117 minutes per goal.

Townsend wasn't even in the squad for most of the season. For half a dozen games he was put in the second team, too. This is a replacement you want for your national team? Yeah, that explains a lot about English football, really...
    And all those goals and assists came in about the last 10 games, IE he was on form at the end of this season going into this tournament.

I mean its obvious you don't watch English football, do you know who Townsend plays for? Do you know who Müller plays for?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You can't hear? Well, you're not English so thats irrelevant to me. I think we have talent, not world class but individually we have talent.
    My niece's 6 yr old league has talent, too. I watch them happy kids run after the ball like madmen. They have a lot of fun doing it and everyone gets icecream afterwards. I wouldn't call them good at football, yet, though.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    And... look where they are now... English teams get their talent from all over Europe and they still can't win shit outside of England. I mean, you pay what, close to 100 million Euros these days? Bayern does more than any English club does with transfers less than 50 million, averaging more on the 20 million line than above it. Talk about not having a clue about modern football...
    English trading policy is more about throwing money around till something works out maybe. And in the end, they all STILL get beaten bei Leicester :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Not at all, honestly. I was worried about Croatia tho. Don't you think Switzerland played better?
    Second half maybe a bit, but mostly it was even since first half was all about Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well once upon a time he seemed a good prospect for England. Then he died, he plays at arsenal, sort it out.
    England team is mostly made of Spurs players and they lost to Iceland, we should probably sort that out first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    You loose against people who play in the 2nd german national league (in FCK no less lol). Not sure what you understand as talent...
    I said individually we have Talent, I didn't say our team was talented, is that hard for you to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSquall View Post
    To be honest you are right. We need a rule that every premier league team has to have atleast 6 English players on the field at a time. I hope this humiliating defeat we have suffered will wake people up to the reality that there is not enough being done in English football to breed English talent. I had a feeling this was coming and this is the only positive I can draw from it.
    Remember that humiliating loss vs. Germany in 2010? They said the same stuff you just said back then. Talked big about doing everything better and making a huge cut and improving things. Nothing changed. Nothing at all. It's sad to see such a traditional football giant in this decline.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    England team is mostly made of Spurs players and they lost to Iceland, we should probably sort that out first.
    We could try make it out of Arsenal players but I think the French FA might get upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could try make it out of Arsenal players but I think the French FA might get upset.
    Top bants.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I said individually we have Talent, I didn't say our team was talented, is that hard for you to understand?
    There was no talent to be seen today. Neither as a team nor individually. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Civil war now! I was expecting it, go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    There was no talent to be seen today. Neither as a team nor individually. Is that so hard for you to understand?
    You're an insufferable bore, we played awful today, in the same way Portugal played awful against Iceland, it doesn't mean players aren't talented.

tfw only 3 french players in the starting 11
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I was talking about your league and how shite it is.
    How much did you buy that Sanches lad for?

"On 10 May 2016, Sanches signed a five-year contract effective 1 July with German club Bayern Munich for €35 million,[23] in a deal totalling €80 million, with the additional €45 million depending on objectives"

Keep making shit up pal.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    tfw only 3 french players in the starting 11
    Wenger betraying his roots, no wonder half the fans want him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    He might have picked the right 23, but if he can't make them work together in the field, it's his fault. He also picks the starting 11, which was far from the ideal choice.
    Yes, well, no offense, but if I'm a mediocre talent 20something year old with the ego of Messi himself, because, you know... I'm from England, I would perhaps be hard to cooperate in a team, too. Heads need to be banged together. The team, not the manager, the TEAM needs to be told just how absolutely horribly shite they were. Every single last one of them. They were shite and playing like that would lose to any given 2nd league team in the major European leagues. That was amateur level shit today, I stopped counting how many passes went to the opponent, how many balls were lost due to poor handling... remember that scene where one English dude headed the ball into the teammate in front of him and then ball bounced into the outfield? That was exemplary to just how grotesquely bad the English team is.

Traditional football skills that are lacking: Speed, ball handling, shooting... everything that Spain stands for is something that England has nothing of. What does England have? Physical play and tackling. And here comes along Iceland, probably the only country in Europe that can actually outtackle the British. In hindsight, this result was meant to be. Iceland simply beat England at its own game: No strategy or finesse, pure physical play.

Deleted
    Listen lads... lemme tell you somat. If my man Feo was taken and played today... ez 5 goals.

Good lord what a shocking game but grats to Iceland, played like champs.

And all those goals and assists came in about the last 10 games, IE he was on form at the end of this season going into this tournament.

I mean its obvious you don't watch English football, do you know who Townsend plays for? Do you know who Müller plays for?
    http://www.transfermarkt.de/andros-t.../plus/1#gesamt

Look at the season. He played what, 7 games in the end? He's got jack shit for experience. Do you still think he's a viable candidate for one of the two biggest football tournaments? Germany wouldn't even look at his statistic sheet with the lack of playing experience that he has. He's not suitable for the biggest stage in Europe's national football.