Shut up, don't jinx us.
    We never won a match at a great tournament against Italy. We all know that, just pretend for a bit how that isn't true lol
    Always a first time. But Italy, good or bad leading up to a tournament, are always there or theresabout when it comes near the final

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    London was a major financial player well before the EU. In fact since around 1560.
    You mean when they were the largest empire in the world? They had their own global market they managed back then, so of course they were a major financial power. They no longer have an empire, and they just voted to give up their position in one of the largest markets in the world.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    so long suckers!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    If he was even remotely politically bright, he would have come out swinging and demanding new parliamentary elections and promising to void article 50 if he won - I think that's the only way he actually could get elected.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...orate-lobbying
    A similar situation awaits US car companies, who increased their lobbying efforts in the EU in recent years to influence inter alia the CO2 emission targets. Companies such as General Motors and Ford have picked the UK as their European Headquarters for business and lobbying activities. With the TTIP negotiations reaching critical stages, companies based in the UK fear their ability to influence the negotiation talks.

With Brexit, U.S. businesses in London not only lose direct access to the markets of the remaining 27 EU Member States. They are especially risking their influence in the European political arena and are in need to make incisive decisions on their structural company set up in Europe.
    Why would that be a good thing? Britain has been a rod that channels US interests at the expense of the rest of the continent for years. We should rejoice that AirStrip One is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Cameron explained today. The UK wont trigger Article 50 before negotiations and EU wont start negotiations before Article 50 is triggered.

It is simply impossible. Impossible. And of course the EU is to be blamed.
    Well they just don't want article 50 to be used as a bargaining tool.

Kind if in two minds about that one myself, right now the UK us set to be right were they started with no voice.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Must say I enjoyed seeing England get knocked out of the footy (by Iceland no less), for the first time ever, in the knowledge that beer-swilling hateful morons that just wrecked the global economy will have the smug, stupid grin wiped off their faces.

Deleted
    London was a major financial player well before the EU. In fact since around 1560.
    And where was China mmm let`s say..50 years ago? Got the point?

Deleted
    its going to continue to be a major player even if it loses 10-15%.
    It just might lose those %.

Brexited the football too.

To Iceland. What. the. fuck :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The way I see it, the US' infrastructure spending is like putting tons of band aid on a severe slash wound. It won't fix the wound, unless you undergo serious surgery.
    Means, imo they need to spend a few trillion within a few years, to completely overhaul everything, and turn it around.
    It used to be, that the US was seen as a role model for high tech and modernity.
    But now, it's more like rural southern Italy, or remote rural Spain.
    A shift with focus on modernizing back to the most modern and innovative country there is, would also be the way out of the military industrial complex.
    As you remove the jobs relying on the latter, you can put them into the former.
    Eh, I've been all around the world, and US infrastructure doesn't seem much worse than anywhere else really. I mean I drove from here in Houston to Avon, Colorado a few months ago, and had perfect blacktop roads the whole way, even through little rural towns on tertiary roadways. When I got to snow areas, the roads were properly plowed and salted. Well patrolled, well signed, often well lit.

I mean I know that many bridges are said to be structurally deficient, but I gotta tell you, I never worry about a bridge when I drive across one. We do get bridge collapses occasionally in the US, but is it any more than a comparably sized and bridged other country? There are certainly deficiencies that should be addressed, but I'd hardly call US infrastructure a sever slash wound. It feels more like a sunburn, or at worst a knee scrape.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-bl...orate-lobbying

Why would that be a good thing? Britain has been a rod that channels US interests at the expense of the rest of the continent for years. We should rejoice that AirStrip One is out of the picture.
    Oh i'm firm in my belief that the UK should go.
    I mean i know its retarded, but they were willing so i'm not complaining.

Deleted
    Cameron explained today. The UK wont trigger Article 50 before negotiations and EU wont start negotiations before Article 50 is triggered.

Deleted

You'd think someone would have some idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Eh, I've been all around the world, and US infrastructure doesn't seem much worse than anywhere else really. I mean I drove from here in Houston to Avon, Colorado a few months ago, and had perfect blacktop roads the whole way, even through little rural towns on tertiary roadways. When I got to snow areas, the roads were properly plowed and salted. Well patrolled, well signed, often well lit.

I mean I know that many bridges are said to be structurally deficient, but I gotta tell you, I never worry about a bridge when I drive across one. We do get bridge collapses occasionally in the US, but is it any more than a comparably sized and bridged other country? There are certainly deficiencies that should be addressed, but I'd hardly call US infrastructure a sever slash wound. It feels more like a sunburn, or at worst a knee scrape.
    There are a lot more problems with bridges than your experience driving on them, a lot of bridges are not currently inspected because of lack of man power. The problems usually start at the bottom not the top so you would not notice it, in New York city our transportation system is being held together by crazy glue and tape. There are also problem with Florida and a lot of southern states when it comes to flooding and coastline issues.

The list of what we lack with infrastructure is rather long, the problem is even when they are fixed aside from the subway experience most people won't notice. The problem with infrastructure spending is that it has no wow factor, it's like being a good IT guy no one knows how hard you work since everything is always working.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Well they just don't want article 50 to be used as a bargaining tool.

Kind if in two minds about that one myself, right now the UK us set to be right were they started with no voice.
    Yeah. Was pretty dumb given that it wasn't hard to find that to get in the trade zone you need to agree to free movement. And Boris still think she can get one without the other. Only difference after would be we'd have to follow a few less EU laws (probably - saw 90% bandied about for Norway) and no say in creating those laws. We'd still have free movement and have to pay the £350™ million (I know it was never 350 million). So, basically a worse deal.

Bridges and dams. Probably your electricity infrastructure too.

Deleted

The longer the UK takes, the better for the EU is. Mainly because the companies will move in the meanwhile to the rest of Europe, making the British negotiation power weaker each day it passes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Must say I enjoyed seeing England get knocked out of the footy (by Iceland no less), for the first time ever, in the knowledge that beer-swilling hateful morons that just wrecked the global economy will have the smug, stupid grin wiped off their faces.
    The hilarity is that we have the best and most expensive league in the world, thanks to foreign players. Take those away, like in Euro 2016, and you have England....a load of cr**.

I am really proud of Iceland right now.

Well the start of Brexit is already showing signs of good fortune.

Roy hodgeson resigned and S&P do not think UK will enter recession.

Guess the leave vote was the correct 1

10+ Year Old Account

I hold it for the most part to it's own standard.
    Some things ought to be definitely improved. Like the power/communication grid put underground everywhere, not just in newer neighborhoods.
    Energy usage methods could improve immensely too..
    Stuff like that, they've shown at "this old house" a while ago
    (I'm aware that there would have to be immense subsidies costs, that people make the switches.)
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."