Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Remember that humiliating loss vs. Germany in 2010? They said the same stuff you just said back then. Talked big about doing everything better and making a huge cut and improving things. Nothing changed. Nothing at all. It's sad to see such a traditional football giant in this decline.
    Indeed, but Germany is always more excusable than Iceland. Losing to Iceland with the amount of money these people are paid is inexcusable.
    As far as international Football is concerned England are now a laughing stock. But this is what happens when all the clubs are owned and managed
    by foreign people. They just want money and just care about money. Watching that was excruciating... and Iceland quite frankly deserved to win.
    They outplayed England completely.

Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    Good lord what a shocking game but grats to Iceland, played like champs.
    I feel like this message is maybe getting a bit lost here. Iceland played well, both goals were very nice moves even if Hart should have saved the second. They had as many shots on target as England did and could have easily gotten a third or even more. They've played their hearts out every game and GL to them going up against France.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    English trading policy is more about throwing money around till something works out maybe. And in the end, they all STILL get beaten bei Leicester :P
    Yeah, biggest story this year in football still for me. So well deserved. Was cheering for Leicester to win it. Great accomplishment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Belter.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/andros-t.../plus/1#gesamt

Look at the season. He played what, 7 games in the end? He's got jack shit for experience. Do you still think he's a viable candidate for one of the two biggest football tournaments? Germany wouldn't even look at his statistic sheet with the lack of playing experience that he has. He's not suitable for the biggest stage in Europe's national football.
    Last time Townsend played for England he was one of our best players. He also scored against Italy. Yes he is more than suitable for international football.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    I was talking about your league and how shite it is.
    How much did you buy that Sanches lad for?

"On 10 May 2016, Sanches signed a five-year contract effective 1 July with German club Bayern Munich for €35 million,[23] in a deal totalling €80 million, with the additional €45 million depending on objectives"

Keep making shit up pal.
    Have you looked at the contract? A big chunk of the 80 millions happens when shit like him winning balon d'or happens. I mean, if he does win that shit, we'll happily pay the full 80 millions, because it's likely we'll have won the CL in the same year. So, see, this is smart investments... not throwing 100 million Euros at some random European team for a player they wanted to get rid of anyway. It's unreal just how bad the transfer policy in England is. And then you lot keep hyping up yourself about players and don't even realise that you're not winning anything outside England.

But continue saying how shite the Bundesliga is. That's as good as titles, isn't it?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Joe Hart the best GK in England?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    When he is on form he is pretty amazing, but he keeps making these mistakes in the England squad. I think our goalie position is cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSquall View Post
    Indeed, but Germany is always more excusable than Iceland. Losing to Iceland with the amount of money these people are paid is inexcusable.
    As far as international Football is concerned England are now a laughing stock. But this is what happens when all the clubs are owned and managed
    by foreign people. They just want money and just care about money. Watching that was excruciating... and Iceland quite frankly deserved to win.
    They outplayed England completely.
    As long as you have fans telling themselves that EPL football is more important than European club football (EL or CL), things won't change. And what's sad is that you pay outrageous ticket prices to see that shit, too... what was it, 100 pound sterlin for an average seat? Unreal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I fully expect Butland to start the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Last time Townsend played for England he was one of our best players. He also scored against Italy. Yes he is more than suitable for international football.
    Well, you're probably right. What do I know. He can't be worse than any of the lads they had on the pitch today. Bloody Rooney... such a waste of a squad spot. He can't do jack shit vs. a real team in midfield, because he doesn't know what to do with the ball. Either play him as a striker so his options don't confuse him (INTO the box, not outside it!) or kick him out of the team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Hodgson is a fucking shambles.

Stealing a living that cunt is.
    I stand by this statement.

Good luck Iceland, you'll live on in history no matter what.
    Eat shit England you bunch of overrated cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Keep mentioning me, your saltiness fuels me. Soon enough I'll make you have a RobertoCarlos-esque breakdown.
    No one else see the irony? "Keep mentioning me" then continues to bring up another user in the form of me lol. its like you following me into the game of thrones thread and talking shit there too. So nice to have such a devoted fan <3

Lol roy gone already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I stand by this statement.

Good luck Iceland, you'll live on in history no matter what.
    Eat shit England you bunch of overrated cunts.
    I also wish Iceland good luck, they deserved their victory.
    I also agree the our squad is outrageously overrated.
    But the last part sounds angrier than you need to be, I assume you are not
    even English so why be annoyed by it lol.

Oh hey, I just realised... it may be some consolation to you: We'll join you on the sidelines in the next game. Italy surely will end our record run of semi finals and we'll be humiliated as well. So, just wait a week and you can return the favour and rant on about how we're being stupid asses trying to play beautifully when sometimes you just have to kick someone in the nuts and score a goal...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No one else see the irony? "Keep mentioning me" then continues to bring up another user in the form of me lol. its like you following me into the game of thrones thread and talking shit there too. So nice to have such a devoted fan <3

Lol roy gone already.
    Sorry pal, please don't have a break down, I was only pulling your leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Slightly OT

We're gonnae revert from Flower of Scotland to Scotland the Brave.

Deleted
    As long as you have fans telling themselves that EPL football is more important than European club football (EL or CL), things won't change. And what's sad is that you pay outrageous ticket prices to see that shit, too... what was it, 100 pound sterlin for an average seat? Unreal...
    Well EPL football WOULD be more important if we actually used the EPL to breed English talent.
    EL and CL games with teams full of foreign players doesnt really do anything for English football
    other than make it appeal to more foreign players.

Deleted
    Townsend is what you call a quality replacement? He only played 16 games last season, is that right? 4 goals, 2 assists? In 16 games? That's 288 minutes per goal. compare that to Müller's 117 minutes per goal.

Townsend wasn't even in the squad for most of the season. For half a dozen games he was put in the second team, too. This is a replacement you want for your national team? Yeah, that explains a lot about English football, really...
    Muller is playing at Bayern Munich in the one horse league.

Townsend was playing in a shit show Newcastle team.

Awful comparison to make.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm Welsh, nationalised French.

I got a lot of shit from England fans on a personal level and I'm sick to the back teeth of the hype every f'ing tournament.

England just lost to a team of painter decorators and accountants.
    Iceland don't have a professionnal team.

The worst part of it is: is anyone seriously surprised?

Deleted

You fucking bellend.