Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seriously, come down off your high horse. Not everyone cares if they win or not when it's not ranked. I myself play the heroes I enjoy. Mostly Junkrat and Genji. Sometimes I'll que 4-7 games straight as one hero because I wanna try and get better with them or whatever. Why sould I change my way of play just because you feel it is the wrong way to play at the time? There is no real reward to winning expect more XP a bit of an MMR increase. So what if we lose? It's Quick Match, it doesn't drop my rank or anything. If it was ranked and ranking or rewards were acutally on the line, then yes, you'd have more of an arguement. But people are still allowed to play how they want.

It's no different than someone solo queing QM in HotS as Tyrande or Kara and going dps spec as the only support. I wanna play Owl/starfall build and have fun and not be forced into healing for the 9th game in a row or something.

TLDR;
    Not everyone cares about winning, some wanna have fun. If you disagree with this, find friends that agree with you.

OP is just a baby lol

If people do that dumb 'it's just a game bro xD' garbage while they wall me off with Mei I'll just make sure to make their game as miserable as possible by constantly insulting them and suiciding from spawn which means you don't get kicked.

Either try hard or you don't get to have fun at all.

Thankfully this issue has been mostly gone now that I have decent MMR, but I do get 15 minute queues in return

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'd literally just walk away from my computer and then guess on the test, and then proceed to, on purpose, be an ass. Or just get a refund.

But seriously, if your team doesn't want to play properly, just start dicking around yourself. Play heroes you don't know how to play and want to learn or something

- - - Updated - - -

There's a BIG fucking difference there though.
    There's a big mechanical and impactful difference, but at the core of the comparison, it's the same. "this is mine and i'll do with it what i want, even at the expense of everything else.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    It's a team based game and it's multiplayer so therefore stop giving these bullshit excuses that people can play the game how they want to because they cannot and they shouldn't. Buy the witcher 3 and go play it however you want to. Not overwatch and league of legends where you are ruining 5 other peoples experiences for the sake of yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilamos View Post
    TLDR;
    Not everyone cares about winning, some wanna have fun. If you disagree with this, find friends that agree with you.
    It's statistically probable that I can find people in any country that think killing is ok, ergo: not everyone cares about human life, what's wrong with some homicide 'here and there'. If you disagree with this, hire bodyguards and build a fortress."

Look, I totally agree on the friends part - this is the only way to enjoy games like Hots or OW. But, would it kill people if they would think about their team8s a bit? Or.. just "think" in general tbh...

Sounds about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Does your right to play the game how you want trumps other people's right to play the game how they want?

If yes, then you are a closed minded selfish prick.

If not, then maybe, just MAYBE you'll realize that other people want to enjoy their game too. Other people, payed for this game too and this may come to you as TOTAL surprise but some even DARE to hope for a win. Maybe that other guy in the team switched to Lucio despite him loving Dva so he won't have to suffer XXX defeat in a row, so he will (at least attempt to) help out useless pricks like yourself?

This is a game where if everyone just plays they way they want - your team has close to zero chances for a win. Again, I know it's a big shocker to you but that's how TEAM based, OBJECTIVE oriented games are. Don't like it? Take it to blizz.
    But they don't need to talk to bliss. They don't have an issue. You do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    But they don't need to talk to bliss. They don't have an issue. You do.
    Actually they do. They have the issue of "how dare they say how I should play".

Just try to type in something along the lines of: guys, I'll go tank, but we need heal. And you'll be spammed with rage comments of "don't tell me how to play" in to the oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This has nothing to do with rights. It requires no effort to even bother doing it correctly. None. There is no right, no excuse, to not play correctly. It's lazy, ignorant, selfish. They don't have a right to ruin it for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but on the other hand you shouldn't go into this game not being able to play atleast one of each class of hero. It's what makes you a good player, versatility and the ability to adapt.
    I agree, but when I'm playing a healer or tank 90% of my games because people refuse to switch, I start to get bored. I'd like to try other characters. I just start to mess around with Tracer (as of last night). I'm having fun with her. I usually am the one to switch to the support we may need, but why am I always the person that has to switch? =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually they do. They have the issue of "how dare they say how I should play".

Just try to type in something along the lines of: guys, I'll go tank, but we need heal. And you'll be spammed with rage comments of "don't tell me how to play" in to the oblivion.
    The folks the OP was referencing don't have a problem. They clearly play whatever they feel like playing. The OP is the one getting bent out of shape

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I agree, but when I'm playing a healer or tank 90% of my games because people refuse to switch, I start to get bored. I'd like to try other characters. I just start to mess around with Tracer (as of last night). I'm having fun with her. I usually am the one to switch to the support we may need, but why am I always the person that has to switch? =P
    Because you have an overwhelming desire to try and win, when you're on a team that doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I have never seen that yet, actually.

Again, maybe you guys aren't quite as awesome as your attitudes would suggest if you're constantly being matched with these terrible, horrible, no good, very bad players.
    I've never seen a crocodile irl, ergo it doesn't exist. Am I doing it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen a crocodile irl, ergo it doesn't exist. Am I doing it right?
    No.
    The assertion that the behavior doesn't exist was never made, only that they'd not seen it yet.

Deleted
    You'll notice that I never claimed they don't exist.
    So basically you've dropped by to tell us that. Ok, cool. Thx. Very informative, the discussion couldn't go on without such valuable input.

It's interesting that I tend to see the same individuals (yourself included) complaining so much about all these swarms of horrible, mean, bad players just holding you down in every game, though.
    I'll ask again, would it kill people to think about other team8s?

And where did I say something about bad players. If anything you can accuse me of pointing out selfishness - so please either fuck off or stop putting words in my mouth.
    Last edited by mmocbaf9e94c6f; 2016-06-27 at 10:11 PM.

This is just turning into rly sad 3 pages of salt here and there. Again it is not matter of opinion it is a fact, you are paying for the game - you have every right to play it the way you like. nothing to add.

Simple solution is creating a friend list, durning few games for sure every one will run into some good/not bad players to group up with.

Ofc i get mad when im falling of the cliff cus of troll symetra, can i do anything about that in that game? No, why should i care then? Untill ranking games comes live just group up with friends in ranking game mode there will be option to report feeders/trolls for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Pretty much what Bovinity Divinity said. Avoiding better players or people that just got on your nerves for whatever reason. It'd make queue times longer, even if you didn't know you were being avoided.
    And this is why we can't have nice things....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the worst is when someone rolls bastion or dwarfbjorn on an payload attack, le sigh, thankfully i like playing mercy and black dude so i always have heals to fall back on
    Mr. President and Reinhardt is actually viable on payload attack and was played during Overwatch inventational.

Deleted
    I believe the current meta is something like Bastion, Zarya, Lucio, Mercy, Reaper, something (tracer/soldier/pharah) on king of the hill
    and whatever (I can't remember, roadhog soldier/widow) + supports + Reinhardt on payload.

But meta-gameplay sucks tbh and doing whatever you want in quick play is absolutely okay. Sometimes we play without healers and can still win games. I'd recommend playing with ~2-3 friends and blame the randoms whenever you lose (in your 3rd party voice chat).
    Works pretty good and you can just leave between rounds.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-27 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The folks the OP was referencing don't have a problem. They clearly play whatever they feel like playing. The OP is the one getting bent out of shape

- - - Updated - - -

Because you have an overwhelming desire to try and win, when you're on a team that doesn't.
    Fair enough. Lately, I just haven't cared enough if we win or lose, I'm actually enjoying exploring other characters at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda off-topic, but I'm so sick of every goddamned Tom, Dick and Harry wanting me to install one voice chat program after another every time I play with someone new.

There's voice chat right in the game, goddammit! I don't need to install TeamCurseVentCordSpeakTrilo v.515!

OMG, tell me about it. People want me to use Discord, curse, mumbles, ventrillo.. like.. wtf is wrong with the in game voice chat? It sounds fine. Don't like someone that's bitching in it? MUTE !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Mr. President and Reinhardt is actually viable on payload attack and was played during Overwatch inventational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Fair enough. Lately, I just haven't cared enough if we win or lose, I'm actually enjoying exploring other characters at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, tell me about it. People want me to use Discord, curse, mumbles, ventrillo.. like.. wtf is wrong with the in game voice chat? It sounds fine. Don't like someone that's bitching in it? MUTE !
    On phone, so only responding to first half:
    I'm doing the same thing. Realized that qm w/l means nothing at this point.
    Trying to practice support and tanks lately