Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSquall View Post
    Well EPL football WOULD be more important if we actually used the EPL to breed English talent.
    EL and CL games with teams full of foreign players doesnt really do anything for English football
    other than make it appeal to more foreign players.
    It is an equal opportunity league. If you look at the Spanish League in comparison, their best players are also non-Spanish. I guess the Spanish National team is also suffering because of that.

The Germans greatly promote local talents in their league - which is why Germany is so damn good every time. Even with Ozil and Muller grossly out of form, they are doing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    At least he has no dandruff.

Only players who come out of that game with any credit for me are Rashford and Sturridge.
    The rest can hang their heads in shame.

TFW you realise they're all millionaires with supermodel wags and five prostitutes on the side and they DGAF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    It is an equal opportunity league. If you look at the Spanish League in comparison, their best players are also non-Spanish. I guess the Spanish National team is also suffering because of that.

The Germans greatly promote local talents in their league - which is why Germany is so damn good every time. Even with Ozil and Muller grossly out of form, they are doing great.
    Poor leadership and management as I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Keep mentioning me, your saltiness fuels me. Soon enough I'll make you have a RobertoCarlos-esque breakdown.
    You'd have to try really hard to make that happen. But I applaud whatever idea you're thinking of right now.

The EPL has close to 70% foreign player representation. The Spanish league has around 35%. Granted the very best players in Spain are not spanish but they would be the best players in any league they play. But as Firebane said, it is poor leadership and management. The difference between Conte and Del Bosque is huge for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Slightly OT

We're gonnae revert from Flower of Scotland to Scotland the Brave.

Is this real? That's awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Muller is playing at Bayern Munich in the one horse league.

Townsend was playing in a shit show Newcastle team.

Awful comparison to make.
    And he didn't even make the team on a regular basis. What does this say about Townsend?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And he didn't even make the team on a regular basis. What does this say about Townsend?
    You're aware he joined Newcastle in January right?

It's not promotion as much as it is German clubs refusing to pay what they think are highly inflated rates the players aren't worth if you can get the same quality from your youth team. The British TV deal is just worsening the situation for everyone in England. I've said this before, the TV deal will seal the fate for the English NT for a long time. It's more money to waste on useless "talents" that are really just a big marketing hype without bringing about any actual results on the pitch. Other than making the English think BPL is great because it's all so equal...

To put it more simply... when every team is shite, it's going to be a really close league. Doesn't mean the league is actually good. Just means everyone is shite on the same level. So this "one horse league" bullshit doesn't mean jack shit. German teams still give British teams a run for their money if you exclude Bayern. And Spain has by now three established big players in Europe. How does England ever plan to catching up to Spain?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You're aware he joined Newcastle in January right?
    To join their second squad apparently... Nevermind, I looked at the table the wrong way. So hum, he didn't make the team at Tottenham, gets sold to Newcastle and then got quite a few games in. That changes the situation, thanks for being stubborn about it. So, Newcastle relegated? Am I reading this right?
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-06-27 at 10:22 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    That he's a lesser player than muller?
    Nobody is disputing that we'd have muller over Townsend.

Comparing the two given their situations however is meaningless.

The actual question at hand is would Townsend have brought more to this England team than Sterling, Alli or any of the players forced out wide did and for me the answer is yes.

Kane and Alli have both had disasterous euros.
    How can Clyne not have had a kick given how bad the FB have been?
    How is Barkley not getting a game?
    Why is Vardy being brought on when Iceland are sat deep?
    What does Rooney do in midfield? Like seriously?

I'm no England manager but even ot me this looks like a bit of a cock up.

To join their second squad apparently...
    He played 13 out of 14 games, what the fuck are you on about?

Edited to reflect his joining at the end of January.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2016-06-27 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Muller is playing at Bayern Munich in the one horse league.

I'm Welsh, nationalised French.

I got a lot of shit from England fans on a personal level and I'm sick to the back teeth of the hype every f'ing tournament.

England just lost to a team of painter decorators and accountants.
    Iceland don't have a professionnal team.

The worst part of it is: is anyone seriously surprised?
    Well, its stupid to take shit you get from some English people and apply it to all
    Personally I think we were pretty lucky to beat Wales and hope Wales do the UK more justice
    than England managed to with their pathetic performance tonight. Good luck to them.
    (Even if I do think Bale is a bit of a twat, atleast he is good =P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSquall View Post
    Well, its stupid to take shit you get from some English people and apply it to all
    Personally I think we were pretty lucky to beat Wales and hope Wales do the UK more justice
    than England managed to with their pathetic performance tonight. Good luck to them.
    (Even if I do think Bale is a bit of a twat, atleast he is good =P)
    Kek.

They were all giving it large.
    Not going to hold back when something as fucking hilariously embarassing as this happens.

To join their second squad apparently... Nevermind, I looked at the table the wrong way. So hum, he didn't make the team at Tottenham, gets sold to Newcastle and then got quite a few games in. That changes the situation, thanks for being stubborn about it.
    Well its nice you sorted it out. At Spurs he was one of our best up and coming players too, then we bought Eriksen and Lamela and he got less playing time, eventually he had a falling out with Pochettino and that was the end of him at Spurs, hence his complete lack of games for us in 2015/16.

Deleted
    Well its nice you sorted it out. At Spurs he was one of our best up and coming players too, then we bought Eriksen and Lamela and he got less playing time, eventually he had a falling out with Pochettino and that was the end of him at Spurs, hence his complete lack of games for us in 2015/16.
    Slightly off topic but Lamela is in my top ten most hated current players.

Deleted
    Kek.

They were all giving it large.
    Not going to hold back when something as fucking hilariously embarassing as this happens.
    Embarrassing yes, and I am glad you find it amusing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. England was hyped before this tournament?

Where the fuck was that hype, I haven't seen shit this time.

Slightly off topic but Lamela is in my top ten most hated current players.
    Why's that? He can be really frustrating, sometimes he plays beautiful games and does amazing things (like against Man City) and then other games he fluffs everything. Don't think he has actually justified his £30mil price-tag at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    You loose against people who play in the 2nd german national league (in FCK no less lol). Not sure what you understand as talent...
    Hey hey hey even germany use 2 FCK player atm.

Deleted
    What a night of football. Italy Spain great game, if only Italy didn't have to meet Germany and France on its way to the final they might have a chance lol.
    And Iceland. Iceland. If you ALSO manage to beat the second most annoying team in the world I swear to god I'll tattoo your flag on my dick.

Deleted
    Why's that? He can be really frustrating, sometimes he plays beautiful games and does amazing things (like against Man City) and then other games he fluffs everything. Don't think he has actually justified his £30mil price-tag at all.
    Yeah you summ it up quite well.
    Expensive, flash, no end product, niggly, dirty when things don't go his way.
    Just generally irritating.

Plus he looks goofy.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can beat Spain you can beat anyone.

Also France are dysfunctionnal as all hell and will cave against a good team.

Germany or Italy could easily dispatch the pathetic excuse of a denfence France have.

I think we will see a Germany vs Belgium final. I'm not 100% on Belgium, but they impressed me a lot against Hungary, I just like how they played. Germany looked so in control against Slovakia, and have done all tournament really. I think we'll see a Germany vs France semi and Portugal vs Belgium in the other. Italy are good though, if they had anyone except Germany I think they could go to the semis/final.