10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So the movie will just make a little over break even. Sequels tend not to do as well as the first.
    What are you talking about? Look at all the marvel movies, they always do more the 2nd time cause you build on the audience with netflix/dvds etc. more people invested in the story as times go by.
    Hi

Deleted
    I see this is the place the sad blizz-hate community goes to whine and bring untruths to further their mud-agenda.

What a sad bunch of people this is. Get a frigging life lol

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    The movie has not only broken even but made a profit higher than what they predicted by a large, large margin and secures the right for sequels to be made. I didn't particularly enjoy the movie, just bringing some facts to the table when there's a lot of uneducated and straight up wrong information being spread.
    What??

What is your basis for saying this? What numbers are you looking at?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    What are you talking about? Look at all the marvel movies, they always do more the 2nd time cause you build on the audience with netflix/dvds etc. more people invested in the story as times go by.
    Cause and effect are the reverse - they make a sequel (or prequel or whatever) *if* (they think that) there are tons of people interested in watching it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I see this is the place the sad blizz-hate community goes to whine and bring untruths to further their mud-agenda.

What untruths? That the movie is not a success financially? I think that's the truth.

i ignored the reviews an hype an saw the movie for myself ( shocking i know, since we need other to tell us who right. ) truthfully it was disappointing an not worth seen in theaters, it had some really good moments that drew me in, mostly the orcs side of the story. then a lot of random crap that made it hard to enjoy anything.

strip away blizzard name/lore an you got solid B movie that anyone would enjoy since you have nothing base it on other then itself but since it had a huge budget, well know IP (least for fans) an lot lore it could work with an it odd they just threw everything at a wall see what sticks with mostly crap remaining i say watch it on home video an judge for yourself it has lot good stuff mix in with the bad.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Cynicism is strong in this one. I understand the film is far from perfect but you learn from mistakes and beyond that point guys this is our game it has been for years now it is far from collapsing and probably will continue to go for years to come but we need a new infusion of players we need fresh meat to mock to teach, the people who will be us 10+ years ago this game has so much to offer and as time has gone on blame it on implementation of casual friendly things if you wish but the social aspect of the mmo has died and we need these films these films will introduce wow to the masses once more and like a phoenix rise from the ashes.

apologies for my terrible grammar and maybe my over optimistic views but its what i truly believe could be the outcome of a good film franchise. look at the avengers.. i mean how many people who probably had never read a comic book is now a super hero geek. the same could happen for our game.

Someone should go count how many times this kind of asinine post has been said.
    What is "asinine" is to take an official report and call it "asinine" to bring up. Especially without presenting any reasoning behind that thought process. Apparently you are just an angry person that wants to fight with random people on the internet but not in an intellectual way, just lash out randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What is "asinine" is to take an official report and call it "asinine" to bring up. Especially without presenting any reasoning behind that thought process. Apparently you are just an angry person that wants to fight with random people on the internet but not in an intellectual way, just lash out randomly.
    What was asinine was your belief that because the film cost $160m to make, and had made more than that worldwide, it was effectively well in profit. This has been conclusively and completely debunked on literally every single page of this thread. Because on every page someone comes on and makes a statement like yours. Which only shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the situation you are talking about.

Feel free to read back over the thread, to see why you are wrong. Hell, I think you can find an example on this page.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The DVD sales will push it over, and I still believe that this is merely the first step in a process of bringing their IPs to the film market.

Lmao nerds on videogame forums using the word asinine is a meme at this point

OT: this movie flopped RIP

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Shudder;41091292]So the movie will just make a little over break even. Sequels tend not to do as well as the first. China will probably have to find 10 times more flooded theatres to sell tickets for.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone should go count how many times this kind of asinine post has been said.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, we're just smart enough to avoid shit movies.

A movie with 7.6 IMDB rating .8.6 on metacritic from users.And 80% rotten tomatoes and general verdictfrom both general audience and fans that it was very good?

You are the definition of the braindwashed MUrican who gives extra credit on critics.

As for u dont watch shitty movies .I will leave it at B v S with 350 milion domestic , i could keep going but dont wonna humiliate u anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Just the MUrican dumbfucks, hell we in EUrope outgrossed USA x2 as a way smaller market.Freaking pathetic US community and fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Those are outliers. People are being stupid right now and like comic book shit. It will pass eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I've said it about a dozen times now and I'm getting tired of doing it. Maybe we could get mmochampion to make a bot moderator that responds to these posts and corrects them every page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by subxaero View Post
    A movie with 7.6 IMDB rating
    That's cute. Last night's Game of Thrones episode had a 9.something rating 12 hours before it aired. Had 1200 people rating it at 10. They were able to time travel and took the time to stop at that shit site and rate it before going on another time traveling adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Yes, it is.

The movie has not only broken even but made a profit higher than what they predicted by a large, large margin and secures the right for sequels to be made. I didn't particularly enjoy the movie, just bringing some facts to the table when there's a lot of uneducated and straight up wrong information being spread.
    This.
    The sequel will be made and it'll be even better. The US fanbase is just mad because they are not really important anymore. EU and Asia showing that we really don't need them anymore.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The point is that it didn't make money (didn't even pay for itself yet).
    this is just pure bullshit lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    This.
    The sequel will be made and it'll be even better. The US fanbase is just mad because they are not really important anymore. EU and Asia showing that we really don't need them anymore.
    The US are just a bunch of little whiners
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    What was asinine was your belief that because the film cost $160m to make, and had made more than that worldwide, it was effectively well in profit. This has been conclusively and completely debunked on literally every single page of this thread. Because on every page someone comes on and makes a statement like yours. Which only shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the situation you are talking about.

Feel free to read back over the thread, to see why you are wrong. Hell, I think you can find an example on this page.
    You are really angry / miserable people with the way you speak to people, huh?

Alright, if making more than the film cost to make (nearly 3 times over) is not a profit what other expenses are there that you can tell me for a FACT cost more than that?

Again, tell me the FACTS of how much the movie cost and for what. What is the grand total cost of the film if it was not 160 Million? Also provide a legitimate official source for that information please, thanks.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2016-06-27 at 10:25 PM.

You are really angry / miserable people with the way you speak to people, huh?

Alright, if making more than the film cost to make (nearly 3 times over) is not a profit what other expenses are there that you can tell me for a FACT cost more than that?

Again, tell me the FACTS of how much the movie cost and for what. What is the grand total cost of the film if it was not 160 Million? Also provide a legitimate official source for that information please, thanks.
    They have no facts.
    They don't know how much they spent on the movie. They will just keep vomiting hate because hating WoW is "cool".
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Honestly, I've said it about a dozen times now and I'm getting tired of doing it. Maybe we could get mmochampion to make a bot moderator that responds to these posts and corrects them every page.
    How about not responding to people and insulting them if you don't want to explain something? How about using some logic instead of insults in the future? You may find that you have less arguments and more intelligent conversations with people.

A simple search will show right now it's around 412M worldwide sales and is estimated by the Hollywood reporter* to exceed 450M to break even. DVD and digital sales might squeak it past that figure. One could say it's the best of the worst genre, considering it has surpassed every other film in sales for a video game movie. There's also indirect benefits that may be a consideration: whether the movie helps sell Overwatch or boost subscription rates in the next 90 days for Legion. You can bet every one of those freebie versions of the game where a person signed up is being tracked as profits for the movie if they convert to a pay account.

*Abid Rahman and Patrick Brzeski (June 14, 2016). "Legendary Sells 'Warcraft' China Online Rights For Record Sum". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 16, 2016

How about not responding to people and insulting them if you don't want to explain something? How about using some logic instead of insults in the future? You may find that you have less arguments and more intelligent conversations with people.
    How about you just read the thread and stop being so lazy? Hm? Do that and leave me alone. Things like marketing and theaters being paid and all those wonderful things have been posted to death already and you'd know if you had READ THE FUCKING THREAD. I'm not your mother I'm not posting shit again. On this very page we're on right now there are 3 people saying the same shit you are. Next page there will be 3 more saying it only needs 160m.

How about you just read the thread and stop being so lazy? Hm? Do that and leave me alone. Things like marketing and theaters being paid and all those wonderful things have been posted to death already and you'd know if you had READ THE FUCKING THREAD. I'm not your mother I'm not posting shit again. On this very page we're on right now there are 3 people saying the same shit you are. Next page there will be 3 more saying it only needs 160m.
    So you are seriously telling me that it's my job to prove YOU right and I should leave YOU alone when YOU are the one who responded to me with insults out of nowhere? You have to kidding me right? I hope you are....

And yes, congratulations you figured out that there are costs like "marketing and theaters being paid". Do you have any FACTS about those numbers and any idea how that works?

Show Official Numbers and Sources for the things you are talking about that proves that the Warcraft movie has made no profit when it has made roughly 3 times it's Official budget.

So you are seriously telling me that it's my job to prove YOU right and I should leave YOU alone when YOU are the one who responded to me with insults out of nowhere? You have to kidding me right? I hope you are....

And yes, congratulations you figured out that there are costs like "marketing and theaters being paid". Do you have any FACTS about those numbers and any idea how that works?

Show Official Numbers and Sources for the things you are talking about that proves that the Warcraft movie has made no profit when it has made roughly 3 times it's Official budget.
    Nope, already told you I'm not going to. What's the point? So I can repeat the process again when we go onto the next page? The very website you are posting on put the 500m number source from deadline on the main page of this site. As you've been talking to me another poster posted the 450m from Hollywood Reporter and you conveniently ignored him. You're being dense on purpose to troll, I'm not going to play your game.