Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by user12317 View Post
    Your signature gave me AIDs. Are people seriously that fucking retarded? You expect to put on a wig and that makes you a woman. WTF? If you're born with a dick, you're a man. If you're born with a vagina, you're a woman. If you're born with neither or both, you're a fucking freak. Period. And the left will never win "the fight" against the 1% because in order for a fight to exist an enemy has to be acknowledged and we don't acknowledge you liberal moralfag sapiosexual dumbfucks.

As for the article, what a fucking shitpost. Some fucking shitstain got killed because he snuck into some kid's room. Why is this bad?
    strong first post. Keep em coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    this man didn't pose any threat, it was just MJ up to his same ole' shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This is why people need an alarm. She and the police would have been alerted to his presence long before she came home with the kids. They will install for free and you pay like $1 per day for active monitoring. Easily worth it.
    Or for 1 years worth of monitoring at that cost, you can buy yourself a handgun and rely on yourself for protection instead of waiting for someone to show up and protect you. Of course, there is a chance you're dead before they get there, but hey guns are bad right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is...

Oregon decided as a STATE that it would follow it's own version of Castle Doctrine.
    Anyone living in Oregon knows about it and if they don't "ignorance does not absolve you from the law".

So the SOCIETY in the state of OREGON decided that it was what they wanted.
    Anyone else's opinion OUTSIDE of Oregon is moot, well, maybe barring Federal Law, but that would be a drawn out court case...

Don't like it and live in Oregon? There are 49 other States...
    Don't like it and and don't live in Oregon? Worry about your own state mind your own business...
    Don't like it and don't live in the US? Mind your own business.

*rifle check*

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why people need an alarm. She and the police would have been alerted to his presence long before she came home with the kids. They will install for free and you pay like $1 per day for active monitoring. Easily worth it.
    I do not need one. 2 dogs, well lit property, deadbolts on the doors and window locks and a loaded firearm. No kids in the house, my wife could hear a mouse pissing on the floor in the night, I am prepared. Police are like 15 miles away, could be dead before they reached my house anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Or for 1 years worth of monitoring at that cost, you can buy yourself a handgun and rely on yourself for protection instead of waiting for someone to show up and protect you. Of course, there is a chance you're dead before they get there, but hey guns are bad right?
    Except there's a lot of parents that don't know how to properly secure a gun.

Toddlers killed more Americans than terrorists in 2015.

Ironically, I think his signature is suppose to be sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

True. Or forget they left their kids in a car or in shopping carts.

And every death that occurs from this is a tragedy. But these numbers are dwarfed by the number of defensive uses of firearms every year. Firearms protect many times more lives than they take each year in the US.

Yesterday morning, I got chased by a crazy homeless person wielding one of those long thick biker chains in Portland.

Never a dull moment in that shit hole of a city.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    She could have left the house, after which most likely the intruder would have left so he didn't get arrested later. Then she could have taken better measures to make the premises more secure.

Instead she walked in and saw someone there, started blasting and murdered someone for simple trespassing/breaking & entering while the premises wasn't occupied. If she were someone I knew, I'd be pretty ashamed of her.

I don't mean just for the police to come. But this mom was out. If someone broke in and triggered the alarm, she and the police both would have known someone was in the house before she returned home with her kids. Completely negating even putting her kids in potential harms way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yesterday morning, I got chased by a crazy homeless person wielding one of those long thick biker chains in Portland.

Never a dull moment in that shit hole of a city.
    And what would have happened if you had not been able to run? Can you defend yourself there? Such as shoot a crazed homeless man attacking you with a biker chain. A elderly or handicapped person may not be able to physical force them to stop. And depending on how strong the attacker is, even a normal healthy person may not be able to. As crazy as this sounds, the state laws do vary. In some, you could be seriously injured or killed by simply not being able to defend yourself successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not need one. 2 dogs, well lit property, deadbolts on the doors and window locks and a loaded firearm. No kids in the house, my wife could hear a mouse pissing on the floor in the night, I am prepared. Police are like 15 miles away, could be dead before they reached my house anyway.
    We have an alarm and everything you just named, including a gun(s). In the dead of the night, the alarm blaring will be your first indication that something is amiss. It will wake you up, and likely your neighbors too. With the added benefit of already having informed the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    When are you going to grow up and join the real world?
    The real world extends past US borders and a large portion of that real world gets along just fine without shooting everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    She could have left the house, after which most likely the intruder would have left so he didn't get arrested later. Then she could have taken better measures to make the premises more secure.

Instead she walked in and saw someone there, started blasting and murdered someone for simple trespassing/breaking & entering while the premises wasn't occupied. If she were someone I knew, I'd be pretty ashamed of her.
    It is not you, but the law which decides if a person murders someone. It is not murder just because you kill someone. Depends on why and the circumstances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Firearms protect many times more lives than they take each year in the US.
    That's one of the biggest lies I've ever heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have an alarm and everything you just named, including a gun(s). In the dead of the night, the alarm blaring will be your first indication that something is amiss. It will wake you up, and likely your neighbors too. With the added benefit of already having informed the police.
    That is good. Your wife can hear a mouse pissing on the floor in the middle of the night too? hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Instead she walked in and saw someone there, started blasting and murdered someone for simple trespassing/breaking & entering while the premises wasn't occupied.
    Why do people insist on calling something murder when the law does not define it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the biggest lies I've ever heard.

Your chart is showing reported information. The one thing missed more often than some know about firearms protecting someone is when they are involved, it is not always reported. Such as scaring off a intruder when they have tried to break in. For many different reasons they may not be reported. My uncle once scared off some young punks by simply placing his handgun on the dash of his car so they could see it. It worked.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-06-27 at 10:58 PM.