Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If Lothar loves to go barefoot why did he wear shoes for the entire movie until his boots were sucked off his feet? All I'm saying is it's a valid point. I'm not saying it hurts the movie in any significant way. It's most assuredly nitpicking to nitpick. It's still a weird moment in the film that doesn't feel like it has any real point to it aside from letting Travis get his shoes off for a bit.
    It's a valid point, really? I doubt Travis goes around without shoes in places it would be uncomfortable either. Doesn't mean he'll wear socks under his shoes. Maybe he doesn't like wearing socks at all? I mean, is that unheard of that it just makes it inconceivable to some people to the point of critiquing the film's quality over it? Anyway, my original point was that he's making it too obvious that's he's trolling. And by saying 'in any significant way', do you mean it actually hurts the movie even just a bit? Because that just seems extremely laughable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Doesn't mean he'll wear socks under his shoes. Maybe he doesn't like wearing socks at all?
    Who cares? In medieval times people were wearing socks or stockings, the rich from silk, the others from wool. Commoners were wearing footwraps. Why show incorrect scenes in the movie?

Our mind is already hammered with the script and acting, why add to that a king whose clothes do not fit, infantry that cannot hold the ranks, mounted warriors without lances?.. It is so easy to do right and you not need millions to do that right. Attention to details is important.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-06-27 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Apparently Warcraft made 412 million as of right now, and it's now making a profit. It still has some weeks to go, so I think things look good.

Here is the link to the article
    Yeah, some weeks to go in most markets. Hopefully there are some folks in Argentina, Chile and Peru who are interested in seeing it as well. It opens there June 30th. As well as Japan, July 1st. Would be nice to see it pass $450 given how that figure have previously been reported as a break-even for the movie. (Which means it will definitely earn money given that streaming, DVDs/BluRays and TV distribution remains as sources of income to come).

Nope, that's pretty average for a big budget film.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ruggles-721818
    Not just that but given that is the average for blockbuster movies and then reading just how all out they went in China and EU, 100M even is probably a bit low.

I've never heard of anyone putting in this much effort for marketing.

http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/te...-s-1201794300/

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Apparently Warcraft made 412 million as of right now, and it's now making a profit. It still has some weeks to go, so I think things look good.

Here is the link to the article

One problem there is that it's not taking into account the fairly large marketing campaign.

I just don't know how to accurately quantify how much they spent on it aside from taking the $500M that was reported as the break even as being relatively accurate.
    I would not be shocked at all to find out the 100M marketing is fairly close to accurate.

IF that is even remotely true and the 160M budget is also true. I have no doubt warcraft needs to be as close to 500M as it can get to reach break even. I'd wager more but to even play it safe without "Going over". I'd still say it needs a very high 400M.

I feel thats as accurate as we forum goes can get.

So right now, I really don't think warcraft is in the black and the few remaining countries might bring in a couple million at best. It will be lucky to hit 430M at the box office and I just don't think thats enough.

It is enough to make them at least think about a sequel though. I just wouldn't expect many returning people.
    I think so as well. Its not enough money to guarantee a sequel nor totally kill it but you can bet the ones that want to move forward have a rather hard sell at the meeting ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Yeah, some weeks to go in most markets. Hopefully there are some folks in Argentina, Chile and Peru who are interested in seeing it as well. It opens there June 30th. As well as Japan, July 1st. Would be nice to see it pass $450 given how that figure have previously been reported as a break-even for the movie. (Which means it will definitely earn money given that streaming, DVDs/BluRays and TV distribution remains as sources of income to come).
    How much does it cost to make one blueray?

It also cost some dough you know :P

Just trolling you, but hey everything cost money these days.

What substances did the person who approved that design consume?

"Better director, bigger name stars and it'll penetrate beyond the fan base already established."
    They're not getting bigger name stars unless they decide to take a huge paycheck cut. The budget is mostlikely going to take a considerable cut if they make a sequel. And I prefer Duncan to stay on board, and that they ditch Charles Leavitt. Anything they messed up on they can fix in a sequel.

- - - Updated - - -

They were originally considering Anson Mount(from Hell on Wheels) to play a role in the movie. I hope they consider him again for something like Uther, he's a great actor and has the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What substances did the person who approved that design consume?

What am I looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    What am I looking at?
    Think those are Garona's teeth.

The movie wasn’t terrible but at the same time I had a hard time sitting thru it because the story just wasn’t interesting. It’s a real shame that with all they could have done with the Warcraft property they told an orcs versus humans story. The most lame fantasy trope you could possibly imagine.

Some Observations;

1. The Garona character was terrible. Multiple cringe moments with her. And the love interest thing between her and Lothar was awkward.

2. The king’s wife was terrible.

3. Lothar’s son was terrible.

4. Khadgar’s facial hair was terrible.

5. The orcs looked good but there was some other special effects that were questionable and there was some really terrible compositing that just took me right out of the movie. I suspect when people say the movie’s CGI was bad that this is what they’re referring to. Really not what you’d expect from a 160 million dollar movie in 2016.

6. The orcs fighting humans looked ridiculous just as I had predicted. Why they didn’t just make the orcs the same size that they are in-game?

Questions;

1. What is the Guardian of Azeroth and what does his job entail? Why is he so important? This is literally never explained. Why is it a one-man job? What is he guarding the world from?

2. How does Garona learn to speak English so fast?

3. Why do the orcs accept Garona back into the Horde right after she literally just back-stabbed her ally just to save her own ass when she was about to be killed?

4. Why do the humans not get any help from the other races?

5. Why is the orc army so much more powerful than the human army when they have just evacuated a literal dead planet with no resources and have limited man-power?

6. Who was the lady in the black box?

7. Why does Medivh turn into a giant demon at the end?

8. Was Medivh a good guy manipulated by the fel? Or was he a bad guy using the fel?

9. Why were they saying Medivh had vanished for 6 years when he was just up in that tower? They couldn’t have just replaced him with some other person in that time or asked him to come back?

10. Why did Khadgar renounce his training with the Kirin Tor even though he seemed like a competent wizard?

11. From light comes darkness and from darkness comes light. How many times did they repeat this line? Is it supposed to be profound?

12. How are we supposed to sympathize with the orcs when they kill innocents on their world and then kill innocents on the human world? Everything ‘good’ that Durotan does is just for his own selfish preservation.

13. So now the humans hate the orcs because of a dumb misunderstanding? (Garona’s dagger)

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    The movie wasn’t terrible but at the same time I had a hard time sitting thru it because the story just wasn’t interesting. It’s a real shame that with all they could have done with the Warcraft property they told an orcs versus humans story. The most lame fantasy trope you could possibly imagine.

Some Observations;

1. The Garona character was terrible. Multiple cringe moments with her. And the love interest thing between her and Lothar was awkward.

2. The king’s wife was terrible.

3. Lothar’s son was terrible.

4. Khadgar’s facial hair was terrible.

5. The orcs looked good but there was some other special effects that were questionable and there was some really terrible compositing that just took me right out of the movie. I suspect when people say the movie’s CGI was bad that this is what they’re referring to. Really not what you’d expect from a 160 million dollar movie in 2016.

6. The orcs fighting humans looked ridiculous just as I had predicted. Why they didn’t just make the orcs the same size that they are in-game?

Questions;

1. What is the Guardian of Azeroth and what does his job entail? Why is he so important? This is literally never explained. Why is it a one-man job? What is he guarding the world from?

3. Why do the orcs accept Garona back into the Horde right after she literally just back-stabbed her ally just to save her own ass when she was about to be killed?

5. Why is the orc army so much more powerful than the human army when they have just evacuated a literal dead planet with no resources and have limited man-power?

8. Was Medivh a good guy manipulated by the fel? Or was he a bad guy using the fel?

9. Why were they saying Medivh had vanished for 6 years when he was just up in that tower? They couldn’t have just replaced him with some other person in that time or asked him to come back?

10. Why did Khadgar renounce his training with the Kirin Tor even though he seemed like a competent wizard?

11. From light comes darkness and from darkness comes light. How many times did they repeat this line? Is it supposed to be profound?

12. How are we supposed to sympathize with the orcs when they kill innocents on their world and then kill innocents on the human world? Everything ‘good’ that Durotan does is just for his own selfish preservation.

13. So now the humans hate the orcs because of a dumb misunderstanding? (Garona’s dagger)
    Are you asking those questions for the general audience or for yourself? Because I think Warcraft fans willl know 99 percent of those questions.

Let them answer it.

I think the name speaks itself. And why its a one-man job? Well he obviously isn't doing everything himself, we saw that in the movie.

She told us. The captured humans.

She killed the leader of their enemy. As the orcs said themselves "she killed their warchief". It would make sense to accept her.

Well they had a meeting with the other races but it didn't seem to result in anything. The alliance wasn't formed yet though.

Didn't the size of the orcs make it obvious? I think it was obvious to moviegoers lol

Alodi. They said the entity of the box was known as Alodi.

He was shown to be corrupted by fel, pretty clearly shown with all the green stuff coming out from him. And it wasn't even said he became a demon, so it doesn't have to be explained lol.

Well Khadgar seemed to drain the fel out of him at the end, where he made the portal go to Stormwind instead. And he seemed genuine good whenever the fel didn't take over. But who knows?

Pretty sure it was said he just hadn't been seen for 6 years. He never visited Stormwind or made any contact with anyone outside of Karazhan. What he did in those 6 years? Who knows, but its hinted he traveled to Draenor at some point.

Remains a question. But does every character need to explain their reasons to every action? XD

Who knows. I dunno what it means exactly.

We were only meant to sympathize with Durotan and his clan. Showing that not every orc wanted to do harm, but at the end of the day the orcs did what they did to survive in a new world. But its showing that things aren't black and white. They didn't just do it to kill.

Lothar knows it was Garona. The rest of Stormwind just know the orcs are the enemy for killing their KING. Its rather obvious why thry hate them now lol

I think the name speaks itself. And why its a one-man job? Well he obviously isn't doing everything himself, we saw that in the movie.

She told us. The captured humans.

She killed the leader of their enemy. As the orcs said themselves "she killed their warchief". It would make sense to accept her.

Well they had a meeting with the other races but it didn't seem to result in anything. The alliance wasn't formed yet though.

Didn't the size of the orcs make it obvious? I think it was obvious to moviegoers lol

Alodi. They said the entity of the box was known as Alodi.

He was shown to be corrupted by fel, pretty clearly shown with all the green stuff coming out from him. And it wasn't even said he became a demon, so it doesn't have to be explained lol.

Well Khadgar seemed to drain the fel out of him at the end, where he made the portal go to Stormwind instead. And he seemed genuine good whenever the fel didn't take over. But who knows?

Pretty sure it was said he just hadn't been seen for 6 years. He never visited Stormwind or made any contact with anyone outside of Karazhan. What he did in those 6 years? Who knows, but its hinted he traveled to Draenor at some point.

Remains a question. But does every character need to explain their reasons to every action? XD

Who knows. I dunno what it means exactly.

We were only meant to sympathize with Durotan and his clan. Showing that not every orc wanted to do harm, but at the end of the day the orcs did what they did to survive in a new world. But its showing that things aren't black and white. They didn't just do it to kill.

Lothar knows it was Garona. The rest of Stormwind just know the orcs are the enemy for killing their KING. Its rather obvious why thry hate them now lol
    From light comes darkness and darkness comes light

I think the Diablo franchise explained it very well, at least the way I see it.

You need balance, humans were the offspring of a demon and an angel.

Angels were too rigid with their laws, were not helpful and demons, you would guess, were evil, twisted and manipulative.

There lurks darkness in the brightest light, and you can find light within the vast depth of darkness.

I would guess that Khadgar found the light side and human side of Medivh or a power that he

could draw from and defeat the avatar of Sargeras, the Demon titan lord that possessed Medivh.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-28 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    6. Why they didn’t just make the orcs the same size that they are in-game?
    People still complaining about the orc size....they have in-game height 6.8-8.6feet(2.07-2.62m)
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Height
    Maybe this will help to clear some misunderstandings

http://i.imgur.com/5maHmdn.jpg?1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    From light comes darkness and darkness comes light

I think the Diablo franchise explained it very well, at least the way I see it.

You need balance, humans were the offspring of a demon and an angel.

Angels were too rigid with their laws, were not helpful and demons, you would guess, were evil, twisted and manipulative.

There lurks darkness in the brightest light, and you can find light within the vast depth of darkness.

I would guess that Khadgar found the light side and human side of Medivh or a power that he

could draw from and defeat the avatar of Sargeras, the Demon titan lord that possessed Medivh.
    Here is the explanation
    http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2016/02/1...jpg-c74967.jpg

What am I looking at?
    Character makeup concept art.
    the love interest thing between [Garona] and Lothar was awkward.
    Why people keep calling that 'love' and 'romance'? It looked more like one night stand.
    Questions
    Logic... don't expect it in this movie.

Another funny piece of concept art (some coloration added for clarity):

Notice that this one looks real, unlike the actual prop we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Logic... don't expect it in this movie.
    Come on, its a freaking fantasy movie! How much logic do you want? Also most of his questions could easily be explained with information the audience get from the movie!

Deleted
    Come on, its a freaking fantasy movie! How much logic do you want? Also most of his questions could easily be explained with information the audience get from the movie!
    I don't agree here with you, this is fantasy but it has more logic than most of the superheroes films
    People saw so much bullshit on screen that they can't understand what is logic and what is nonsense