Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Haven't heard that one; they did un-invite Britain from multiple talks with the other 27 leaders this week during the EU summit. Yes great idea, don't talk with the one nation thats leaving because thats going to help the transition process.

Seriously how is anyone regretting the vote? The EU has shown its true colours in the last couple of days.
    You can't vote to leave the EU, then get upset because you don't get to be part of the EU anymore. Seriously why would they have British delegates discussing a future they're not going to be a part of?

Haven't heard that one; they did un-invite Britain from multiple talks with the other 27 leaders this week during the EU summit. Yes great idea, don't talk with the one nation thats leaving because thats going to help the transition process.

Seriously how is anyone regretting the vote? The EU has shown its true colours in the last couple of days.
    The point of most of these talks (with the exception of the one where they want to know what the fuck is going to happen in the UK now) are for the EU and how to deal with the member that's doing something stupid. Is it really that unfathomable to discuss their unified stance without the one that shits on that union?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The problem is, you don´t have a center-left that occassionally cares about the stuff that taxes should be used for, like bridges, roads, n stuff...
    In the US, the vast majority of the $300 billion spent on infrastructure per year comes from state and local taxes and is decided by State and Local government. Federal dollars isn't a large percentage of it at all. The whole debate about Federal Tax dollars going to infrastructure has always been mostly bullshit, because that never has, and never will be the source of the funds.

And this makes perfect sense when you think about it. People living in Denver should, generally speaking, pay for Denver's infrastructure, not people from Pittsburgh. The people living there know the need. They know what it needs to be spent on.

So much of the national level infrastructure talk really is about invoking the spirit of the New Deal-era / Tennessee Valley Authority in that the federal government can directly funnel money to generate a jobs programs. It can to a degree, but advances technology and automation have radically changed the reality of that.

More idiocy from the UK electorate;

Quote Originally Posted by An Anonymous Voter

Dear Remain MPs

I never ever wanted to actually leave the EU but I voted ‘out’ anyway.

I expected Remain to win. I thought the 10 percent of undecided voters would choose the safer status quo as the only rational option was to remain (I realise now that I was slightly irrational to vote the other way).

I’d hoped that my vote would contribute towards Remain’s margin being more narrow.

I’d hoped that this cause some introspection by the EU and help expedite reforms (i.e. stop meddling in so many laws, concentrate on trade and lessen the move to ever closer unity).

I misjudged the electorate and I now regret the way I voted.
    And an excellent response.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese Coffey, Deputy Leader of the Commons
    Bit late now, mate.

Thanks for thinking it through so carefully.

We’ll try to make the best of what you voted for last week for the sake of families and businesses across the country.

Bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You can't vote to leave the EU, then get upset because you don't get to be part of the EU anymore. Seriously why would they have British delegates discussing a future they're not going to be a part of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The point of most of these talks (with the exception of the one where they want to know what the fuck is going to happen in the UK now) are for the EU and how to deal with the member that's doing something stupid. Is it really that unfathomable to discuss their unified stance without the one that shits on that union?
    Despite no formal submission to leave? And I don't want to make it all about us, but I am guessing the main topic of discussion is going to be about Brexit and the very immediate future if they exit. Would make sense to have the country at the very center of the conversation to at least be present.

It just smacks of the larger nations wanting an opportunity to bully and coerce the smaller nations on how they want proceedings with Britain to go.

Deleted
    I just hope we can keep Scotland as part of the union. Free university education, prescriptions, and eye care were not enough...I am voting to give them free haggis and Irn bru, and also free houses.

7+ Year Old Account

And what colours would that be mate?

Despite no formal submission to leave? And I don't want to make it all about us, but I am guessing the main topic of discussion is going to be about Brexit and the very immediate future if they exit. Would make sense to have the country at the very center of the conversation to at least be present.

It just smacks of the larger nations wanting an opportunity to bully and coerce the smaller nations on how they want proceedings with Britain to go.
    We'll be in the negotiations if Article 50 is ever invoked. Until then, it only seems fair for them to discuss how to continue collectively without us given the fact we just told them we're on our way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    I just hope we can keep Scotland as part of the union. Free university education, prescriptions, and eye care were not enough...I am voting to give them free haggis and Irn bru, and also free houses.
    I know you're being passive aggressive here, but you know council housing exists right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Was out getting less than sober myself, enjoying some french electro (while I still can). Here you go. Also doubles as crash course in the accent/language. And we've got the holidays covered too.
    Much appreciated. Been on the Buckfast Cheeky Vimto all night, being Scottish is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckfast Cocktails
    Lurgan champagne Cocktail Ingredients
    • Buckfast Tonic Wine
    • white cider
    Instructions
    • Drink half of your white cider and half of your 10 o wine, then put the two in the same bottle and shake it til its all together. Down it as fast as you can, puts ya on your ear
    I actually once accidently made this one with Strongbow Blackarrow and Buckfast a few years back and can attest that it doesn indeed "puts ya on your ear". Infact I woke up in the morning covered in vomit, probably need to up the constitution to more Scottish levels. Being from Blackpool that makes me like....half Glaswegian right?
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-06-27 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Much appreciated. Been on the Buckfast Cheeky Vimto all night, being Scottish is great!
    Just wait til you get here. (Breakfast variety also available).

Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    And what colours would that be mate?
    Hypocrisy pure hypocrisy. In less than 24 hours:

France threatens to open the boarder and send all immigrants in Calais over. (despite saying in March they wouldn't)
    Germany, France and Italy refuse to talk with Britain until article 50 is submitted.
    European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker let Britain to submit article 50 in 48 hours.

Oh and the same time all of those leaders somberly admit the EU needs to change.

Like I've said here before I am actually in favor of the idea of the European Union, and if it takes something a monumental as Britain leaving to fix it then I have no regrets. If it lives to become better then I would happily vote to join should an opportunity arise in the distant future. But for now is a corrupt, convoluted, bureaucratic mess.

Is that Square Sausage AND normal Sausage!? Boy oh boy do you guys know how to live! Might have to sneak some Black Pudding in there and an Egg, please don't judge .

France threatens to open the boarder and send all immigrants in Calais over. (despite saying in March they wouldn't)
    Germany, France and Italy refuse to talk with Britain until article 50 is submitted.
    European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker let Britain to submit article 50 in 48 hours.

Oh and the same time all of those leaders somberly admit the EU needs to change.

Like I've said here before I am actually in favor of the idea of the European Union, and if it takes something a monumental as Britain leaving to fix it then I have no regrets. If it lives to become better then I would happily vote to join should an opportunity arise in the distant future. But for now is a corrupt, convoluted, bureaucratic mess.
    Acting like Britain isn't at the moment.

Is that Square Sausage AND normal Sausage!? Boy oh boy do you guys know how to live! Might have to sneak some Black Pudding in there and an Egg, please don't judge .
    There's black pudding hiding above the sausage links, eggs probably under the mushrooms.

It was one guy and the French Government rebuked it pretty fast.

We'll be at the EU summit on Tuesday, there just won't be negotiations until article 50 is invoked.

They've been saying that for a while (and reform has been ongoing) and there's every possibility that had Remain won, they would have still seen it as a wake-up call but held back during the campaign and build up so as not to influence member state's internal affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Acting like Britain isn't at the moment.
    And we can vote for our leaders if you believe that, just like we voted to leave for the same reasons.

Deleted
    No need for black pudding there is always https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_pudding (we always called this fruit sausage, or fruit slice at home though, my dad used to keep us stocked up on it and sausage slice(the square one) as his work often took him up there)

10+ Year Old Account

Much like the UK, no?

That aside, exactly what did you think was going to happen? That the EU would be all smiles and rainbows about Britain threatening European integrity and risking a financial meltdown for funsies?

All this really proves is that the leaders of Europe proper have something that the UK government is sorely lacking; cajones. They're driving a hard bargain to force the UK to reconsider Brexit, or rather, to force Britain to admit that it was a political sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    There's black pudding hiding above the sausage links, eggs probably under the mushrooms.
    I thought I saw that you know, I just didn't want to jinx it you know? *Begins to cry* God bless you Scotland you magnificent bastards.

And we can vote for our leaders if you believe that, just like we voted to leave for the same reasons.
    With how that vote went i have no faith in your immediate future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    thats the thing about scotland. they want everything & more, but are not proud enough to push it through.
    this old bollocks i keep hearing about pride in scotland, william wallace, robert the bruce & robert burns, is all a fairytale.
    they had the chance to leave the united kingdom, but decided to stay. their greed took over from this so called pride.
    greed as in, they didnt want to lose the security, english taxes gave them.
    they really should wind their necks in up there, they had their chance & bottled it. it was the welsh & english who showed them what real pride is about.
    pride in making your own decisions, not being told what to do by others. scotland, until they decide to have proper independence, will always be at englands beck & call.