Page 1 of 3
LastLast

FBI didn’t inform some Americans they were on ISIS kill list

The FBI did not alert numerous Americans that they were placed on secret Islamic State kill lists or notify their local police about the potential dangers, a lapse in the government’s efforts to combat the terrorist group’s evolving strategy to target everyday citizens.

To date, the terror group that goes by the acronym ISIS has published on encrypted web sites several hit lists naming more than 15,000 people it would like to see killed by sleeper cells or lone wolves in New York, Texas, Florida and California.

The lists aren’t public but Circa News obtained copies of some and made sample calls to the everyday Americans who appeared on them, from college professors and military personnel to art collectors and homemakers.

In Texas alone, Circa identified 22 people in a sampling of 24 names who did not receive any notification that they were in ISIS’s crosshairs. It also identified two local police departments whose citizens were on the list that also got no alert from the FBI.

“I was terrified. We live in a different world and the Jewish community is a number one target of these radicals,” said a woman in Austin who found out from Circa that she and several of her friends in the Jewish community were on a list. The woman agreed to be interviewed only on condition of anonymity, fearing using her name would only increase her risk.

“I’m very upset that I was not notified by the FBI or local law enforcement,” she said.

Since the hit lists began emerging more frequently earlier this year, FBI officials have said they intended to notify all Americans threatened by ISIS and to work with their local police departments.

FBI officials said they are confident most American on the lists were alerted in some manner but it was possible some people may have fallen through the cracks. They stressed to date no one on the list has actually been attacked.

“The FBI routinely notifies individuals and organizations of potential threat information. We perform these notifications so potential victims are aware of possible threats and take appropriate steps,” the bureau said. “Those measures may include paying close attention to your surroundings at all times, protecting personally identifiable information, and immediately calling the local authorities if you observe something suspicious. The FBI will continue to work closely with federal, state, and local partners to keep the public informed of potential threats.”

http://circanews.com/fbi-didnt-infor...sis-kill-list/

Are you on the kill list?

Meh, why make them worry?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey FBI! You should warn people when they're the target of a possible maybe secret terrorist hit list."
    "Fine. Should we also stop them from buying an assault weapon?"
    "Whoa whoa whoa! Let's not go nuts."

Why would they go after homemakers?

Well I can't see the list so I don't know if I'm on it, although I'd doubt it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The FBI did not alert numerous Americans that they were placed on secret Islamic State kill lists or notify their local police about the potential dangers, a lapse in the government’s efforts to combat the terrorist group’s evolving strategy to target everyday citizens.

To date, the terror group that goes by the acronym ISIS has published on encrypted web sites several hit lists naming more than 15,000 people it would like to see killed by sleeper cells or lone wolves in New York, Texas, Florida and California.

The lists aren’t public but Circa News obtained copies of some and made sample calls to the everyday Americans who appeared on them, from college professors and military personnel to art collectors and homemakers.

In Texas alone, Circa identified 22 people in a sampling of 24 names who did not receive any notification that they were in ISIS’s crosshairs. It also identified two local police departments whose citizens were on the list that also got no alert from the FBI.

“I was terrified. We live in a different world and the Jewish community is a number one target of these radicals,” said a woman in Austin who found out from Circa that she and several of her friends in the Jewish community were on a list. The woman agreed to be interviewed only on condition of anonymity, fearing using her name would only increase her risk.

“I’m very upset that I was not notified by the FBI or local law enforcement,” she said.

Since the hit lists began emerging more frequently earlier this year, FBI officials have said they intended to notify all Americans threatened by ISIS and to work with their local police departments.

FBI officials said they are confident most American on the lists were alerted in some manner but it was possible some people may have fallen through the cracks. They stressed to date no one on the list has actually been attacked.

“The FBI routinely notifies individuals and organizations of potential threat information. We perform these notifications so potential victims are aware of possible threats and take appropriate steps,” the bureau said. “Those measures may include paying close attention to your surroundings at all times, protecting personally identifiable information, and immediately calling the local authorities if you observe something suspicious. The FBI will continue to work closely with federal, state, and local partners to keep the public informed of potential threats.”

http://circanews.com/fbi-didnt-infor...sis-kill-list/

Are you on the kill list?

I hate ignorant people like this women. More Muslims are being killed by isis than any other religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, imagine a situation: you are living peacefully, then suddenly an FBI agent knocks in your door and says, "Sorry sir, we just learned that ISIS wants to kill you. Take care". Doesn't sound like fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you do differently if you knew? Buy a gun and be suspicious around anyone who looks like they're from the Middle East? That sounds safe. The last thing we need is more paranoid, gun-toting, racial-discriminating citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I hate ignorant people like this women. More Muslims are being killed by isis than any other religion.
    ISIS attacks beyond Iraq/Syria almost never target Muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Hey FBI! You should warn people when they're the target of a possible maybe secret terrorist hit list."
    leave it to mmo champion to have someone make an argument about gun control in a thread about the FBI not telling people something

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    ISIS attacks beyond Iraq/Syria almost never target Muslims.
    At that point they are attacking a nation more than 1 race/religion.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to buy a gun if they are on a kill list?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, imagine a situation: you are living peacefully, then suddenly an FBI agent knocks in your door and says, "Sorry sir, we just learned that ISIS wants to kill you. Take care". Doesn't sound like fun.
    It would be enough notice for those people to either dramatically alter their daily habits and/or leave their residence for safety sake. We put people under witness protection all the time when they're under threat of being assassinated for what they know or do but the FBI can't be bothered to notify these people so they can GTFO of dodge or take necessary precautions? Fucking bullshit but hey the FBI wouldn't get half of its funding without working off a Problem Reaction Solution paradigm, so go figure on the no call no shows.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    If i was on this kill list id be about as afraid as i am when i normally leave the house, you have a greater chance to be killed by a bear than a terrorist (idk if thats statistically true but i bet its close)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    It would be enough notice for those people to either dramatically alter their daily habits and/or leave their residence for safety sake. We put people under witness protection all the time when they're under threat of being assassinated for what they know or do but the FBI can't be bothered to notify these people so they can GTFO of dodge or take necessary precautions? Fucking bullshit but hey the FBI wouldn't get half of its funding without working off a Problem Reaction Solution paradigm, so go figure on the no call no shows.
    eh. this threat doesnt seem very credible. nobody on the list has been killed yet and they have been making list for years.

i'd consider this more of a "dont travel to the middle east if you can help it" threat then a "big chance you will be attacked on US soil" threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Muslims are being killed by isis than any other religion.
    That's probably because the area that they control is 99% or so Muslim.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    leave it to mmo champion to have someone make an argument about gun control in a thread about the FBI not telling people something
    It was a comment about hypocrisy. Gun control was just the vessel. If the FBI is supposed to warn people on whatever the hell this "kill list" was, a list in which there is no evidence of intent, then the FBI should also be allowed to prevent the people suspected of being terrorists from obtaining the means of causing the execution of the "kill list".

"Hey, you're on a kill list. Oh, and they probably have an assault rifle. Good luck."

That's because there are WAY more Muslims near ISIS than Jews, what a stupid comparison. People also die to more cows than sharks yearly, not because sharks are less dangerous, but because people interact with cows way more than sharks.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

It was a comment about hypocrisy. Gun control was just the vessel. If the FBI is supposed to warn people on whatever the hell this "kill list" was, a list in which there is no evidence of intent, then the FBI should also be allowed to prevent the people suspected of being terrorists from obtaining the means of causing the execution of the "kill list".

"Hey, you're on a kill list. Oh, and they probably have an assault rifle. Good luck."
    The people on a different continent making the kill list can't buy a gun in America?
    Oh and BTW assault rifles have been illegal for about 80 some odd years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    That's because there are WAY more Muslims near ISIS than Jews, what a stupid comparison. People also die to more cows than sharks yearly, not because sharks are less dangerous, but because people interact with cows way more than sharks.

Show me where they are targeting Jews then.