Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They're the same thing.
    Are you illiterate or what? Nationalism and patriotism are not even remotely same. Nationalism is love for nation, thus, it is often ethnicity-based and converges to some sort of superiority complex unless it's romantic. Patriotism, as the name indicates, the love for country.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    As i said in another thread going on about the same gibberish. I feel connection to my locale, to my friends and co-workers. I don't give a damn if it's under Swedens flag though. Certain clashes with culture might happen, but in general that's something you learn to adapt too. Nationalists today aren't about the close ones though, it's concerned about our nationalistic/cultural "race" and it's survival.
    Well that is the point of a "Nation," you working with people who are not immediately kin or close friends that you have known since forever. The point is getting unrelated unconnected people to operate as a single group that considers each other brothers and sisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Are you illiterate or what? Nationalism and patriotism are not even remotely same. Nationalism is love for nation, thus, it is often ethnicity-based and converges to some sort of superiority complex unless it's romantic. Patriotism, as the name indicates, the love for country.
    I see the arguments have basically boiled down to playing semantics at this point.

I see the arguments have basically boiled down to playing semantics at this point.
    There isn't a semantic game in that post. If you think there is, time to improve your English comprehension skills son.

There isn't a semantic game in that post. If you think there is, time to improve your English comprehension skills son.
    A country is a nation.

A country is a nation.
    /facepalm

/10chars

/facepalm

/10chars
    They literally have the same definition, dipshit.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/country

"an area of land that is controlled by its own government"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nation

" a large area of land that is controlled by its own government"

They literally have the same definition, dipshit.
    Someone is mad...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/country

"an area of land that is controlled by its own government"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nation

" a large area of land that is controlled by its own government"
    Seems like merriam-webster tricked you man. The definition for nation is so random. A country is a political entity over a geographical region. A nation has nothing to do with a land or a government. It's an abstract term used to describe group of people with same ethno-linguistic background.

Seems like merriam-webster tricked you man. The definition for nation is so random. A country is a political entity over a geographical region. A nation has nothing to do with a land or a government. It's an abstract term used to describe group of people with same ethno-linguistic background.
    Oh, so the United Nations is misnamed then? They're the same fucking thing. Stop making up bullshit.

Well, this is going to end well. :sarcasm:

Sometime in the not so distant future, UK is going to be like, "told ya so."

Oh, so the United Nations is misnamed then? They're the same fucking thing. Stop making up bullshit.
    The name preference could be intentional. "Nation" involves the notion of people while "country" involves the notion of state. I am not making shit up, I am trying to educate an illiterate person such as yourself.

No fucking way I am ever going to support this.
    Last idiot that tried for a unified Europe was that failed house painter from Austria.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The name preference could be intentional. "Nation" involves the notion of people while "country" involves the notion of state. I am not making shit up, I am trying to educate an illiterate person such as yourself.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to go with the dictionary definition of the words over some random dude on the internet who doesn't know what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good move. Poorly educated nationalists won't like it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Good move. Poorly educated nationalists won't like it, though.
    But why is it a good move? They already have trade deals and other economic things in place. What's the benefit of giving up their sovereignty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Spoken like a true mini-Hitler.
    Some people's knee jerk opposition to nationalism and on the other hand, a lustful embrace of statism. Oh well.

Populism rises and falls. The willful submission to the state, that'll follow your children forever.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Some people's knee jerk opposition to nationalism and on the other hand, a lustful embrace of statism. Oh well.

Populism rises and falls. The willful submission to the state, that'll follow your children forever.
    Apparently all forms nationalism is extreme nazi level of nationalism. Except patriotism, that's apparently not a form of nationalism because reasons or something.

Europeans are batshit crazy. Britain is the lone sane entity.

Sounds like France and Germany have already made the decision with the EU leaders to do this so the rest will probably fall in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Sounds like France and Germany have already made the decision with the EU leaders to do this so the rest will probably fall in line.
    nice of germany to share a little of the power... for a while that it is.