Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    She didn't face any of that, yet committed homicide.
    Yup, justifiable homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Why would I purposely allow a criminal to do whatever they want?
    Because there are police for that, not vigilante justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Or he could be some guy that walked into the wrong house due to mental illness or whatever. The woman found the guy in the kids room while her kids were in a completely different room. The man didn't have a gun to a child's head. You're making up a scenario about a man with a gun to a child's head, that didn't happen.
    Sorry, she was 100% in the right.

Door is broken, call cops, get in car, leave and wait for cops to show up. Pretty simple. Why would you purposefully put yourself in danger by searching the house yourself, especially if you have 2 children with you?
    I didn't see it in the article, was her door broken?

Or he could be some guy that walked into the wrong house due to mental illness or whatever. The woman found the guy in the kids room while her kids were in a completely different room. The man didn't have a gun to a child's head. You're making up a scenario about a man with a gun to a child's head, that didn't happen.
    Already pointed out to you several times, and even by me, that it is still against the law. Is there another language I can try to explain this to you? Is English your native language?

Its factually not vigilante justice. You're being extremely dishonest. Its sad, really.

You literally just keep going in a circle.

According to American Police Beat, the average response time for an emergency call is 10 minutes. Atlanta has the worst response time with 11 to 12 minutes and Nashville comes in at a lightning speed of 9 minutes.

She didn't face any of that, yet committed homicide.
    She didn't? His presence is enough in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I didn't see it in the article, was her door broken?
    Window was broken.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can say I "feel" my life is in danger ever time I walk out my door, or get in to drive my car, or go to a public place. The law though is generally not interested in your "feelies", it has to go on facts.

He didn't attempt to attack her. She could have escaped. That's a lot different than thinking your death is imminent - unless you're already a paranoid gun nut who thinks the world is out to get them.
    Which is why she will not be charged. Because she has the law on her side. Not a opinion by some forum dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    She didn't? His presence is enough in most cases.

Again, it depends on what the law is in this case.

Window was broken.
    Did she realize that before entering?

I can say I "feel" my life is in danger ever time I walk out my door, or get in to drive my car, or go to a public place. The law though is generally not interested in your "feelies", it has to go on facts.

He didn't attempt to attack her. She could have escaped. That's a lot different than thinking your death is imminent - unless you're already a paranoid gun nut who thinks the world is out to get them.
    Your home is supposed to be the place where you can escape to. The place where you are safe and shouldn't need to escape from.

Again, I understand your position, but disagree with it. As long as you don't enter my home uninvited (or if you do immediately comply with my orders) or attack me outside my home you have nothing to worry about. I don't think you should be required to own a firearm and defend yourself. I think you'd be safer doing so but you have that choice.

Window was broken.
    Do you inspect every window around your house every time before you enter it?

Again, it depends on what the law is in this case.
    Law says you can shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is why she will not be charged. Because she has the law on her side. Not a opinion by some forum dude.
    The law's on her side - according to some forum dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I don't know why people try. Dubious has been saying the same stuff since page 5 or something. And he has been refuted over and over.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to look up the word Vigilante. If a action is allowed by law, there is no vigilante justice involved. It is a legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    You literally just keep going in a circle.
    You're saying, that, rather than call the police, leaving, and, waiting for them to show up (if she knew her house had been broken into) ... she should have needlessly put herself and children in harms way to investigate the situation herself and kill whoever is there, regardless of reason?

The law's on her side - according to some forum dude?
    According to the law that has been copied and pasted in this thread multiple times.

Burden of proof is on you to prove your claims. So please do.