Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    See? And people were saying that I shouldn't lump flat earthers in with the moon hoaxers. They're natural bedfellows.
    You should though. They're both insane and can be proven wrong with common sense. Especially flat earthers since the eye can see the earth's curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    You should though. They're both insane and can be proven wrong with common sense. Especially flat earthers since the eye can see the earth's curve.
    ISS can be seen in Binoculars, but it doesn't stop them from saying, "It is faked". A person believing that Earth is flat will just say, if you stand on a beach with them, "I do not see any curve". If you take a photo on which the curve is visible, they will say that it is just properties of the camera's optics...

If anything can be faked, then nothing serves as proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They're both insane and can be proven wrong with common sense. Especially flat earthers since the eye can see the earth's curve.
    Common sense is on the side of the Flat Earthers. And you've never seen the Earth's curvature with your own eyes. In fact, the lack of curvature on the ocean was the thing that led me to becoming one. No one experiences a curved Earth, no one can sense the world "spinning" and nobody can see the ISS from Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Common sense is on the side of the Flat Earthers. And you've never seen the Earth's curvature with your own eyes. In fact, the lack of curvature on the ocean was the thing that led me to becoming one. No one experiences a curved Earth, no one can sense the world "spinning" and nobody can see the ISS from Earth.
    See? Told you.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just remembered of a video with a guy using a ruler to show how the earth is flat:

https://youtu.be/IObbK3a9dvU?t=57s

Touché sheep.

I'm a pretty big conspiracy nut, but even I thought the theory about the moon landing being faked was dumb as hell. EDIT: That also goes for the flat earth garbage people actually believe.

There is really no reason to fake it. The only potential reason would be to win the dick size contest the US was having with the Soviets, but it would of been a massive waste of time and money to do a moon landing fake.
    Last edited by Zoldam; 2016-06-28 at 01:58 AM.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    I'm a pretty big conspiracy nut, but even I thought the theory about the moon landing being faked was dumb as hell.

There is really no reason to fake it. The only potential reason would be to win the dick size contest the US was having with the Soviets, but it would of been a massive waste of time and money to do a moon landing fake.
    you are familiar with the bigger dick theory concerning international politics?

"what they have bigger dicks? BOMB THEM" *begins shoving penis shaped instruments in foreign affairs* (missiles, bombs, bayonets, bullets... boats <.<)

why do you need proof when you can check it out yourself? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...ing_experiment

Basic elementary school level physics classes will tell you why you dont feel the earth spinning. You have spent your entire life on it. You have always been moving at the exact same speed relative to the earth. The ONLY reason you would ever "feel the earth spinning" is if the earth suddenly changed direction of spin, or veloccity of spin, which would never happen. This exact same process was demonstrated to my 5th grade science class simply by dropping a ball in a bus moving at a fixed speed.

And sorry, EVERY human being on the planet experiencces the curvature of the earth. If we didnt, then given a sufficiently powerful telescope, I could look out my window in Toronto right now and see the Eiffel tower in France, because if the earth was flat, there would be a direct line of sight between any two places on earth. Something which even 5 seconds of observation of any sufficiently tall distant object tells you is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    you are familiar with the bigger dick theory concerning international politics?

"what they have bigger dicks? BOMB THEM" *begins shoving penis shaped instruments in foreign affairs* (missiles, bombs, bayonets, bullets... boats <.<)
    The cold war didn't involve any penetration between the big boys though.

Infractions: 2

How much you can see with your eyes? how wide and how far? Earth is not small as 10km in diameter. Then You could see the curve. Your view is like an ant compared to the size of the earth. How do you expect to see/ realize a curve directly when you can only look at so limited far and wide. A curve as you imagine.

By flat earth logic with a nice telescope or something I could see anywhere in the world as there is direct line of sight. wtf?
    Last edited by Gref; 2016-06-28 at 02:01 AM.

We had just finished a World War. They were all limp, having blown their loads. Gotta give em time to get themselves worked back up again.

you tend to not get much action when dealing with frigid bitches... all the parties involved just teased each other and refused heat things up.

there is 1 sure fire 100% way to prove if we did go to the moon.

seriuosly with the technology we have now being able to easly count the dimples on a golf ball from orbit why can't we just flip a sattelite arround and broadcast a live zoomed in image of each landing point and track the footprints??

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post

seriuosly with the technology we have now being able to easly count the dimples on a golf ball from orbit why can't we just flip a sattelite arround and broadcast a live zoomed in image of each landing point and track the footprints??
    What's the point? It won't convince them anyway, so it'd be a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

man NASA spending all that tax payer money to make 10,000 fake photos, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What's the point? It won't convince them anyway, so it'd be a waste of time.
    this... besides half those theorists believe the satellites are fake as well and that gps is really tied to cell towers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    this... besides half those theorists believe the satellites are fake as well and that gps is really tied to cell towers instead.
    holy shit. fucking new low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Basic elementary school level physics classes will tell you why you dont feel the earth spinning. You have spent your entire life on it. You have always been moving at the exact same speed relative to the earth. The ONLY reason you would ever "feel the earth spinning" is if the earth suddenly changed direction of spin, or veloccity of spin, which would never happen. This exact same process was demonstrated to my 5th grade science class simply by dropping a ball in a bus moving at a fixed speed.
    There is also Coriolis effect, which causes rivers to have differently eroded banks, and the Foucault pendulum to slowly rotate. Foucault pendulum can be made at home easily. Any person believing the Earth is flat can do it - good luck interpreting what they see!

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post

"Nice computer graphics!" will be the response, likely. And even if it could convince them, there is really nothing the scientific community gains by their support.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "Nice computer graphics!" will be the response
    Don't paint "tracks" in Photoshop, and don't call pieces of rubble "rovers", and no one will say that.