Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    New camera zoom:

Hahaha! I don't believe for two seconds that 60,000 of you, ~73% of that poll, use the console to go past the maximum camera distance. This looks like another case of people latching on to something to be completely pissed off about despite it not actually affecting them at all. An extremely small amount of the player base disagrees with a change and it blows up when everyone else who is jaded after a year of HFC jumps on board because it's something public to Blizz they can get mad about.

I would bet that if Blizz were tracking this, assuming they aren't already, that it would be single digits or even less of a percent of players who actively use the console to go past the max camera in the UI. The addons that do this average maybe a few hundred downloads a month. Posts about it on WoW forums and other sites are years and years old with few replies–if any. In my ten + years of this game, across every server I've played and the guilds I've been in, I have never heard once people complaining that they can't zoom out further than the default UI allows.

People will lose their minds over anything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticCrawdad View Post
    Hahaha! I don't believe for two seconds that 60,000 of you, ~73% of that poll, use the console to go past the maximum camera distance. This looks like another case of people latching on to something to be completely pissed off about despite it not actually affecting them at all. An extremely small amount of the player base disagrees with a change and it blows up when everyone else who is jaded after a year of HFC jumps on board because it's something public to Blizz they can get mad about.

I would bet that if Blizz were tracking this, assuming they aren't already, that it would be single digits or even less of a percent of players who actively use the console to go past the max camera in the UI. The addons that do this average maybe a few hundred downloads a month. Posts about it on WoW forums and other sites are years and years old with few replies–if any. In my ten + years of this game, across every server I've played and the guilds I've been in, I have never heard once people complaining that they can't zoom out further than the default UI allows.

Yes your anecdotes really wight heavily here...to counter yours I can say that I don't know anyone I played with since vanilla that didn't use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    tin foil hats on plz

http://imgur.com/a/dcJhQ
    That's actually quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    That's fine, some will care. The question is whether or not it's a large enough issue and you cared enough to cancel your subscription in protest or if you just stomped your feet and continued to give them a subscription either through direct payment or an indirect token.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't understand how folks vehemently complain about something in one hand while still subscribing in the other.

If you did cancel your subscription then ignore the above because I can appreciate someone who would do such a thing and you deserve a crispy high five.
    Nope didn't cancel my sub, was just annoying the entire time. Stomped my feet quite a bit in the no flying thread here on mmo-champ. Just like I won't cancel my sub over the zoom issue. Difference is I'll hack the zoom because no one else can see me zoom hacking whereas others can see me fly hacking. If I get banned, fuck it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    You can tell it's a kid posting any time a post mentions the word "salt".
    Or an internet native, I could say you can tell a person is a troll any time they call someone a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    New camera zoom:

Lol you should have just made it 1 click back from first person.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a macro for it and it has a permanent place on my action bars :] If you ever see me post a screen shot look right below the minimap, the button on the top row in the far right is my "max camera button" every alt I have has that button, I made a new warrior (level 6) and he has that button and plays at max zoom.

i've run into people CONSTANTLY asking how to make their view zoom out further than default UI. I've been playing since vanilla. Multiple servers. Multiple guilds.

I think the first time I learned how to zoom out beyond the default UI was back in The Obsidian Sanctum. It was super handy to be able to see the walls of fire easier.

I've been taking advantage of the extra zoom ever since. It makes it a lot easier to make tactical decisions and avoid things, though I admit being zoomed out all the way takes away some of the intimacy of the game. In the end I don't mind if they restrict the zoom option so long as everyone is on the same footing.

As a player who mainly plays tanks, has led raids and enjoyed the increased camera zoom for years, I am very unhappy with this change.

How about no max cam in pvp, keep it in pve

Also, how about some vector rotation and auto zoom for very large npcs.

How about having model collision? That alone would take away an advantage too. No more rogues running through you in pvp. No more running through the boss.

My friend just posted on FB a screen shot of him cancelling his sub due to this and doesn't think he is coming back. He is just done with them doing things like this and not caring. I know a few others that are saying the same thing and asking me what game CAN I play now and looking for a new home. Makes me so sad since I have played the game for over 11 years now. My son thinks ESO looks like it will make me sick too but going to try that and see if it can be tweaked enough for me to play. Guess all endings are sad but this really hurts. Was planning on staying until they shut down the servers on the last day. Will still always be Horde for life!

Quote Originally Posted by mmulder6512 View Post
    So Blizzard is no longer honouring refunds for Legion, flat out told me no, so with these up coming camera changes , as well as tank changes I'll be hanging up my Tanking hat in favour or ranged dps, if I play at all. Enjoy
    Legion is phenomenal even if they have camera changes.

At the very least they need to realize there's massive overhaul needed to fix the camera. It's been shitty for years ( along with the default ui) -there's no way legion launches with a scrunched view of thats 65% ground behind you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helusay View Post
    As a DK Tank, at least I can use Gorefiend's Grasp and hope it gathers all of the adds, but how could I ever know I got them all?
    You guys SERIOUSLY need some situational awareness if you dont see adds coming unless you are zoomed that far out.

Like you may rethink what your main role should be.

Tanks need situational awareness to be good.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we will have to repeat ourselves as new posters will barely read more than 2-3 recent pages. Problems with this change, among others are:

Not everyone is playing at max distance ALL the time. There may be times that happens, but definitely not all the times. However, it is a huge disadvantage when you don't have it anymore.

There is a HUGE range of camera distance between the old max and the new max. Players might feel uncomfortable at new max, uncomfortable at old max, BUT FINE SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN. What about those people? They are cheaters, bad players and should "git guud" all of a sudden?

While with the console command literally EVERYONE could have a larger viewing field (bird view god view, whatever you label it), with this change, the same thing can happen with extra screen estate. Essentially, the "unfair advantage" the max camera is supposedly giving can be bought (expensively, but still) with 4k monitors or multi monitor setups. So, if the true reason for this change is "unfair advantage", then ok, but they should limit the screen resolution at a max as well. Because my better hardware will actually give me an unfair advantage over the people who play at smaller screens. And that's how this change INTRODUCES an unfair advantage and does not correct a supposedly previous one, the solution of which EXISTED FOR EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You guys SERIOUSLY need some situational awareness if you dont see adds coming unless you are zoomed that far out.

Like you may rethink what your main role should be.

Tanks need situational awareness to be good.
    Bit hard to have situational awareness if the mobs are off screen because everything that isn't directly in front of you is gone due to being too far zoomed in, and what's in front of you is likely the huge boss that the adds are trying to help out.

Or are you one of those people who thinks it's only natural that we should be flailing our cameras around to scout for new adds 24/7 rather than focus on actually positioning, controlling, damaging and mitigating the mobs we are already tanking?
    Or perhaps you're one of those people that expect the hunters to misdirect any new add spawn to you so it is no longer your responsibility if it wanders off to munch on a healer that's stood 20 yards behind you in your blind spot.

The best analogy I can give you is that playing with the zoom at almost half the distance of what it used to be (50 vs 28.5), you're basically driving a car without rear-or-sideway mirrors. All information in those angles are entirely lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    WHY DO THEY FIX STUFF THAT ISN'T BROKEN?
    Blizzard Entertainment - Fixing shit that ain't broken since 2010. (2008 alternatively, if you want to nitpick).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    tin foil hats on plz

http://imgur.com/a/dcJhQ
    Epic. Just epic.

Not that it'll change anything, after all - "Blizzard knows best, so shut up & take it up the ass like the good little retards we all know you to be!"
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-06-28 at 09:32 AM.

Agreed, there's no way in hell all those people are even remotely familiar with the fact that there are console commands, much less using them to zoom the camera out. I'd give it a 20% max that legitimately have been zooming the camera with the console, the rest are just bandwagoning on the latest hate-train.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who uses addons knows how to use console commands. /reloadui anybody?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I went on live to see the difference and yes it is a big difference with just using the ingame slider and well while it shows a lot it also makes it hard to see your character at times.. Especially when you are running the game at 1920x1080 on a 27in monitor, either way the new max setting is ok..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Yes your anecdotes really wight heavily here...to counter yours I can say that I don't know anyone I played with since vanilla that didn't use it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually quite funny.
    It is funny when people make counter arguments that are not valid. I doubt you asked every person you met, and every guild you joined if they use that. I never used it and if I wanted to make as "valid" argument as yours then I can tell you that since I played in BC I haven't met a person who used it.

The guy just wanted to make point that people get pissed off on everything Blizzard do or don't do nowdays. It would have been best for Blizz to sit totally silent with all new changes up to Legion launch (as they tried before fans wanted to hang them for that) and disallow testers to share information to outside world.

I have been around since BC and I have never seen as much whine as nowdays yet I cannot remember Blizz being any better in past.

As a development team, at this point we're fixing up to 2000 Legion bugs a week
    Jesus fucking christ!!

That is some bad ass bug fixing!