Not sure if this was mentioned, but I've re-watched Jon's birth scene more times than one human should, and if my skills at lip-reading are as good as I think they are, it sounds and looks like his name is Aerys, which would make sense as Rhaegar's father is Aerys(The mad one). Someone want to take a look and let me know what they think? I also definitely heard that hiss your mouth makes after you say the letter S.

If I can add, Ned renamed him Jon, because of Jon Arryn. Lyanna wouldn't name him Jon. But why change his name? If his name was Aerys, might be a giveaway?
    Last edited by Bawlls; 2016-06-28 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Sam is fine, but he renounced any claims to succession when he took the black. Now that he is to become a maester, you can double the renouncement. That's why I mentionned Dickon.
    Yeah, that's another thing Dany may not care about. What are the Night Watch members swearing on? The Seven, the Old Gods, the king/queen... They are just symbols. Dany may be able to convince Sam that he will serve the mankind better by following her instead of wasting years on studying to become a maester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because Robert hated the Targaryen's and was dead set on killing them all. Ned was long time friends with Robert and his goal was to keep baby Jon a secret so Robert didn't kill him. A Targaryen name would give it away, sine Ned had told Robert that the baby was the result of an affair.
    No, I understand that. I was asking as a rhetorical question. How do you feel about the name being Aerys? Has anyone else said that? I haven't ready every post ha ha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    LOL Yes. I don't think many people are going to remember this episode for the epic "Sam visits the library" scene.
    I allways will. But Im also a Bookworm

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Amusing:

Thought you might enjoy this in video form:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    When Lady Mormont (Hallowed be Her name) said "Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins" as her support for Jon Snow, I immediately thought "is Littlefinger going to use the L+R = he's not Ned's son as a way to dispute Jon's claim?"
    Well L was Neds Sister so Jon still has stark blood in him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    LOL Yes. I don't think many people are going to remember this episode for the epic "Sam visits the library" scene.
    I forgot that scene even happened lol.

It was wedged between the Sept exploding, Jon becoming King in the North and Walder eating his own sons before murdered by Arya so . . . it kinda wasn't on my mind by the end of the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

So . . . if Jaime is no longer Kingsguard, and Tywin is now dead, and Kevan is now dead, does that make Jaime the Lord of Casterly Rock?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I forgot that scene even happened lol.

It was wedged between the Sept exploding, Jon becoming King in the North and Walder eating his own sons before murdered by Arya so . . . it kinda wasn't on my mind by the end of the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

So . . . if Jaime is no longer Kingsguard, and Tywin is now dead, and Kevan is now dead, does that make Jaime the Lord of Casterly Rock?
    It should make him King, actually, if you follow normal rules of succession. I think that's pretty much right. The oldest male relative of the previous King? Unless there's some Baratheon uncle tooling around.

Also:

That channel is basically what would happen if the same 6 posters who cry about everything got together and made a Youtube channel.

Cersei attended the ''Gul'dans School of ''No, Fuck You.'' ''
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    Still, seems Arya is still too cool for Winterfell n helping the other Starks up there...She cares more about avenging the dead than keeping the living alive...jon n sansa could use a ninja-assassin around..at least Brann is going home.
    Arya's actress said in an interview that Arya doesn't know where they are. She thinks Jon is at the wall, and Sansa is in King's Landing. She has no idea they're in Winterfell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's rough, but the scene ties in the Frey pies to make more sense, and also ties up the moving forces as all the "players" of the game of thrones bicker among themselves. The weakest part is her trying to explain why she's both Arya Stark and a Faceless Man, but that's not my doing.
    I thought the scene made perfect sense. Also, Arya has already said she's not no one.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

So i'm assuming that Weirwood tree is the one that the Crows go to to make their oaths if they believe in the old gods? I hope some Nights Watch find him, or maybe some Children or both.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Plus even in the books you arent led to believe Rheagar does anything bad to Lyanna. He is never describe as anything bad. Jon is the song of fire and ice, i really never understood why people needed to add Tyrion in this.
    You add Tyrion because of Aemon's dream where he says the Dragon must have three heads. He laments that he's too old to be one of the heads, insinuating that there must be three Targaryens. Maybe the Prince that was Promised is all three together as one.

Aemon thought very highly of both Tyrion and Jon. Me thinks the old man could see more through blind eyes than most can with full sight.
    Last edited by Budong; 2016-06-28 at 02:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That channel is basically what would happen if the same 6 posters who cry about everything got together and made a Youtube channel.
    that's why eschato love's that channel, did you read his rant after BastardBowl? heh

Jesus, it's a shitshow that shines real well, and people are going to call this the best episode in forever because they don't give a fuck about an actual story that makes sense.
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-06-28 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the season 6 soundtrack killed me, so much awesomeness. A few to highlight:

- My watch has ended
    - Hold the Door, specially the second part
    - Maester
    - Trust each other
    - Winter has come
    - The Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Agreed. I've never, ever heard a tv show with a soundtrack that good.
    Black Mirror, Sherlock, Doctor Who all have fantastic soundtracks as well. The first having some particular tracks that similar to the Light of the Seven track from the finale are eerie and perfect for the episode. If you count tracks with actual songs then Fargo also killed it during the second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a given that Sam is gonna try his damnedest to try and crack the mystery of Valyrian Steel while at the Citadel? He understands the connection between it and obsidian, perhaps that few have in a long long time.

Or is there another reason he took his family sword?

You do know that you are one of those posters as well right?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    You do know that you are one of those posters as well right?
    You clearly haven't been paying attention.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.
    Quite a few of the posts i've seen you make in this thread is bitching about people or ragequitting the thread. Maybe we should make a safe space version of this thread where noone can criticize anything about the show.