Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/UVJRHSe.png

Well that's a relief. Third armour rack isn't T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

What's that? A rack that updates when you've collected the full set?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    What's that? A rack that updates when you've collected the full set?
    Yeah, I reported on them a hundred pages back or so, not surprised it's missed. There's ten of them, the far right two were filled when I got 5/5 T9 and 10. I had a fear that T3 would be required to fill them out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yeah, I reported on them a hundred pages back or so, not surprised it's missed. There's ten of them, the far right two were filled when I got 5/5 T9 and 10. I had a fear that T3 would be required to fill them out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Couldn't it also be that it's the third slot because it's the third tier set to come out? t1, t2, t2,5 and t3 would be the 4th? But then again - if you need 8/8 or 9/9 to unlock it I can see why they didn't include it. I have 4 pieces and there's no way I'd get the remaining ones from BMAH just for a rack
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

But that means there isn't a specific rack for T3, T0 or T0.5? Whatever will we do now to show off?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    But that means there isn't a specific rack for T3, T0 or T0.5? Whatever will we do now to show off?
    Well as the racks are presumably phased for you only, they wouldn't be useful for showing off anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well as the racks are presumably phased for you only, they wouldn't be useful for showing off anyway :P
    Oh, true enough. It was half a joke.
    You should still be able to screenshot your racks with the extinct tiers, though.

More seriously, I'd rather hope they would at least acknowledge people who have those sets by giving them additional racks at the very end or a remote corner. I suppose there might not be too many people with them to justify that.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    More seriously, I'd rather hope they would at least acknowledge people who have those sets by giving them additional racks at the very end or a remote corner. I suppose there might not be too many people with them to justify that.
    Given that there's only 10, it seems to just be a cute little collection thing you can do for Vanilla-Wrath tier sets, more than actually showing anything off.

Sounds good enough for me

I am always pro to collection showdowns :P

Is it becoming more obvious that if we want to bring the best of both worlds to end game content (ST and Cleave/aoe) then we will have to max out at least two separate artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    Is it becoming more obvious that if we want to bring the best of both worlds to end game content (ST and Cleave/aoe) then we will have to max out at least two separate artifacts?
    Not really. Currently, Fire is perfectly capable of being excellent in both ST and sustained AoE (it lacks heavily on burst AoE, ST is good if Combustion is available, otherwise it's pretty crappy).

Arcane is awsome in pure ST and, with the right talents, with amazing AoE burst capabilities... lacking sustained AoE as always (but not like it is on Live, not even close)

Frost is an amazing performer in all aspects: ST, AoE, and Cleave, both sustained and bursted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Not really. Currently, Fire is perfectly capable of being excellent in both ST and sustained AoE (it lacks heavily on burst AoE, ST is good if Combustion is available, otherwise it's pretty crappy).

Arcane is awsome in pure ST and, with the right talents, with amazing AoE burst capabilities... lacking sustained AoE as always (but not like it is on Live, not even close)

Frost is an amazing performer in all aspects: ST, AoE, and Cleave, both sustained and bursted.
    Your words make all specs sound amazing on everything. This is very unlikely. The most likely scenario is that the specs retain their 6.x character in utility and tuning but more normalized.

That kind of normalization in this expansion will be global across the classes so I expect the meters to rarely have a spec dominating all. I already see some signs of that in the logs.

On one hand that might be a benefit to the game for being an opportunity to trim some of the inconsistencies, on the other, it might had been best to not have spec-progression.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Your words make all specs sound amazing on everything. This is very unlikely. The most likely scenario is that the specs retain their 6.x character in utility and tuning but more normalized.

That kind of normalization in this expansion will be global across the classes so I expect the meters to rarely have a spec dominating all. I already see some signs of that in the logs.

On one hand that might be a benefit to the game for being an opportunity to trim some of the inconsistencies, on the other, it might had been best to not have spec-progression.
    I simply described the current state of the specs in Legion Beta. Numbers, now, are irrelevant. Based on the changes to toolkits, all specs now have the abilities i mentioned.

Arcane had no AoE at all. Now, with implementation of Barrage empowering talent, gold perk and Arcane Explosion benefitting from stacks, they made it so the toolkit allows for AoE. How much is of little relevance, since if it's too much than intended it will be nerfed, if it's too little it will be buffed. Simple as that.

Fire had no burst at all. Therefore, it saw most of its damage converted back to upfront damage, expecially thanks to Pyretic Incantation and its impressive buff. We have been given a heavy damaging long range potential AoE/ST with Cinderstorm to increase burst possibilities, though it's unreliable at the moment, alongside the new Combustion, again a burst enchancer. AoE is still strong, and moved to passively activate instead of willingly spreading it, meaning more sustained and less burst (that is considered too much with current Combustion), but still very viable.

Frost was mostly unchanged in its core functions, mainly because it was the spec that needed it less in order to achieve the declared goal of all specs being able to perform in all aspects, since it was already a reality for Frost, with the spec's main asset being its versatilty and ability to perform very well no matter the conditions of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Frost's AOE is the height of disappointment, not sure what you're on about.

Deleted
    Hey, this might be the stupidest question ever, but do enchant illusions work with the artifacts or do some (or all) artifacts have some sort of innate visual effect around them that can't be overridden?

I just thought about this after collecting all the mats for the new tomes of illusions on the PTR.

Deleted
    Frost's AOE is the height of disappointment
    They probably had the multiple frozen orbs in mind and now the spec is left unfinished. Alternatively the idea might be to get FoF procs with Blizzard for the Frost Bomb. That might need a buff of the Blizzard procs, but I doubt that's the finished design.

I'm super sure this has been talked about before in this thread but it's something that's kind of been bugging me.

I feel incredibly squishy on the beta. On the PTR, I don't notice any difference. But on beta, for some reason with the same character in the same gear, I feel super super squishy. Like I haven't died to a bunch of mobs yet but I've come damn close several times, even during the artifact quest. I'm not sure how much of that is just the mobs hit a little harder and how much is just I'm not 100% used to what I'm doing yet but still, has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just bad?

Deleted
    I didn't notice it to be honest. But even if it's true, it's not an issue they would care about since clothies are supposed to be squishy. The double bubbles of arcane and frost are pretty good.

I'm more worried that I don't see any mage spec being that impressive in numbers at the moment. Fire is a more general purpose spec now but it's not crushing the meters.

Arcane appears to be doing well at st occasionally but I'm not sure it's worth it yet, and frost is probably unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I'm super sure this has been talked about before in this thread but it's something that's kind of been bugging me.

I feel incredibly squishy on the beta. On the PTR, I don't notice any difference. But on beta, for some reason with the same character in the same gear, I feel super super squishy. Like I haven't died to a bunch of mobs yet but I've come damn close several times, even during the artifact quest. I'm not sure how much of that is just the mobs hit a little harder and how much is just I'm not 100% used to what I'm doing yet but still, has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just bad?
    That's intended - outdoor mobs are supposed to be more of a threat in Legion than they were in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    That's intended - outdoor mobs are supposed to be more of a threat in Legion than they were in the past.
    Bueno. Like I said, it wasn't like I can't complete these quests because everything kills me all the time, it was more I've had a few more oh shit moments than before.

Super dire.