Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    We already have exemptions for NHS workers because like you say, we need them.
    Yes, but will people want to work in the UK now we've had a vote to say we don't really want them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Well, there is $3tn gone - thanks UK! Also a rise in the FTSE 100 and talks of stimulus packages in the EU and Asia-Pacific regions. YAY MORE DEBT!
    That would explain the rising stock numbers, at least partially.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That would explain the rising stock numbers, at least partially.
    Nah.

I had a water-cooler talk with some of the analysts in the office and the consensus was more or less this:

"The initial shock was because nobody knew what would happen in the next month. After Cameron stalled until September, the markets were given the chance to take a breather. Businesses also realised something - either they aren't leaving (highly likely) or they will still be in the common market via EEA (likely)."

In other words, Brexit was a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Which we knew all along but people had to go with this whole English pride bullshit and screw over everyones future, Thanks Morons you've made my week ith how stupid one nation can be.
    I would lie if I said that I wasn't worried. It was still good fun while it lasted, though. I expect today that Cameron and the EU leaders will decide something behind closed doors and he will pass it down to the parliament and his butt-body Boris.

Not sure if the stalling actually helped that much, it certainly didn't on the very day he announced it. Imho it's more that currently it's rather apparent that there is zero will outside of the far right wing trash-talkers to actually leave.

The best comparison so far is truly the clingy girlfriend that always threatens to leave but doesn't, and this time she was called out for. Now Britania is standing there, dumbstruck and uncertain what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yes, but will people want to work in the UK now we've had a vote to say we don't really want them?
    We live in hope. Think it will be the Poles and other Eastern Europeans that will most keenly feel rejected but I wouldn't blame any immigrant for feeling less positive about the natives views on foreigners. We saw a spike in reported hate crimes amongst other ugliness and I'm sure we will see some peoples closet racism go public now they feel emboldened having "won", hopefully it will calm down soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure if the stalling actually helped that much, it certainly didn't on the very day he announced it. Imho it's more that currently it's rather apparent that there is zero will outside of the far right wing trash-talkers to actually leave.

The best comparison so far is truly the clingy girlfriend that always threatens to leave but doesn't, and this time she was called out for. Now Britania is standing there, dumbstruck and uncertain what to do.
    Friday came as a shock to the whole world and over the weekend anxiety was allowed to stew and simmer. All is fine now.

I'm not sure about that everything I've seen on boris so far is that he's bricking it and he doesn't know what to do, I honestly hope this whole Brexit thing could turn out to be a farce or we could see things becoming so much more worse within the near future.
    Don't worry - worst case scenario is that you guys end up in the EEA. Side note - Farage is making a fool of himself in the EU parliament, I am begining to like this man.

Anyway, I need to meet up with a client - I will talk to you guys as soon as I can

I'm not sure about that everything I've seen on boris so far is that he's bricking it and he doesn't know what to do, I honestly hope this whole Brexit thing could turn out to be a farce or we could see things becoming so much more worse within the near future.
    Certainly seems like many Exit Tories are in a "WTF did we do." mode. Especially those that have come out to say that free movement of labour isn't going away. Even Douglas Carswell seems to be having issues with the gloating done by other UKIP members and has distanced himself more from them more than ever (Bet he's wishing he could return to the Tories). Hell the guy was with the main leave campaign which wasn't alligned with Farage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    we voted to leave & we will
    We, as in 70% of the 92% registered who are eligible for voting. Let me put it this way: Of 1000 eligible voters barely a third voted to leave. I guess that's what you could call dictatorship of the minority in its truest form. That's why referenda with simple majority are always running contrary to the idea of true direct democracy and are vulnerable to populists fishing for votes. If it had been fair then given the number of voters who actually came around to vote then, taking variances into account, a majority of 75% of the votes would have been required to win this. Democracy in this age of low political education is just a buzzword for ochlocratic principles espoused by a few rabble-rousers with the political competence of a shaved orang-utan.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Democracy in this age of low political education is just a buzzword for ochlocratic principles espoused by a few rabble-rousers with the political competence of a shaved orang-utan.
    Don't insult Orangutans like that please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah.

I had a water-cooler talk with some of the analysts in the office and the consensus was more or less this:

"The initial shock was because nobody knew what would happen in the next month. After Cameron stalled until September, the markets were given the chance to take a breather. Businesses also realised something - either they aren't leaving (highly likely) or they will still be in the common market via EEA (likely)."

In other words, Brexit was a farce.
    Interesting times ahead. Also imagine the shit if they actually go through with article 50.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    I want to see the elitists overrule the plebeians, new referendum please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Friday came as a shock to the whole world and over the weekend anxiety was allowed to stew and simmer. All is fine now.
    Are you sure FTS 250 dropped 7% today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Democracy in this age of low political education is just a buzzword for ochlocratic principles espoused by a few rabble-rousers with the political competence of a shaved orang-utan.
    Yeah. Fuck the will of the people. The career bureaucrats in Brussels know best. Mutti knows best. Don't question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Yeah. Fuck the will of the people. The carrier bureaucrats in Brussels know best.
    Carrier Bureaucrats sounds terrifying. The mental image I have right now is a Carrier from Starcraft constantly spawning little suited men with brief cases that throw wads of paper at the Houses of Parliament.

Save us!

To be honest I hope the same, they've made their bed so now they should lie in it and stew, I'm making preperations to abandon ship personally as I know this is going no where good, It's just a shame because I really loved my job in the UK.
    I'd put that in the drawer as a plan B, but I doubt much will happen now. Unless you really don't feel like it anymore or your job depends on foreign investment/customers I don't see much point in leaving. Shit will level out soon, unless they completely jump the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Carrier Bureaucrats sounds terrifying. The mental image I have right now is a Carrier from Starcraft constantly spawning little suited men with brief cases that throw wads of paper at the Houses of Parliament.
    That was a typo, but a Bureaucrat Carrier already exists and it moves between Brussels and Strasbourg every month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Well you did it UK, you are officially out of the EURO.
    we were never in the euro.
    if youre going to comment on a subject, atleast get the facts right.
    the euro is the currency most of europe use. we on the other hand, have voted to leave the european union.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Are you sure FTS 250 dropped 7% today.
    Pound and Euro dropping again.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2016-06-28 at 08:49 AM.