Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it means they want to design encounters with the default zoom limitations in mind, I don't see a problem with this change.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    How can you discuss change when you dig your heels in immediately?

Even I want it slightly larger, but the camera max is huge
    I just don't like it. I've tried it on the PTR and I simply don't like it.

Just the same as some people prefer strafing instead of turning. It's what I prefer. Its fine if you like playing more zoomed in. I'm not advocating they remove your ability to play how you like, just don't care for when they remove a way I like to play.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you look at the screenshot at the end of page 12 that most definitely gives an advantage over those who don't know about it.
    An advantage for what? Looking in canals?

The players who are competitive all know about it. The players who aren't won't know what this is about.

I'm not super invested either way. I mostly tank, so I will notice the change, and it will affect my ability to do my job well, but I'll just chalk it up to another game challenge. The size of the boss will be one of his mechanics, e.g., Mannoroth has the power to blind tanks to what's going on around them. For WoD and all previous expansions, we had a work-around for this; in Legion we won't. I'll cope. Probably have to depend more on team mates to call stuff out for me. Guess that's what teams are for.

But his argument that they needed to change due to competitive disadvantage is silly. Using max camera distance has been as ubiquitous as DBM. If you're going to take away one, may as well take away both.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I could understand if a specific encounter was going to use limited vision as part of the fight mechanics. But that's not what's going on here. This change extends across all aspects of the game. It's a needless attempt by blizzard to exert control over how players choose to modify their UI and settings.

I can't imagine what kind of echo chamber drugs led to this particular strain of madness.

Deleted
    Ehh noone hates it when your camera bounces back and forth max distance and objects close behind you? Arena players and raiders never have an ultra maxed camera, the bossrooms or arenas are often too small or objects get in the way. So this change really just affects people doing lots of world content or bg's who had their max distance further unlocked than the UI let them? Niche..

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    Ehh noone hates it when your camera bounces back and forth max distance and objects close behind you? Arena players and raiders never have an ultra maxed camera, the bossrooms or arenas are often too small or objects get in the way. So this change really just affects people doing lots of world content or bg's who had their max distance further unlocked than the UI let them? Niche..
    I agree. I hate the camera logic in WoW in general, so i want at least my full freedom of choice of zoom in and out, depending on the situation. The new max distance is annoying enough for me already, not being able to go EVEN a little more is severely distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    I'm guessing you've never done a raid since molten core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm guessing you've never done a raid since molten core.
    Or hes right, and the majority of raids, instances and pvp dont need max distance

Or hes right, and the majority of raids, instances and pvp dont need max distance
    It's true. Hell, as a hunter I have problems with the camera at the default max UI level because shit in the ceiling gets in the way and I end up shooting a trap behind me and 20 feet above my head. There really is no major need for such a massive zoom in instanced content. I think people just don't want to have to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason for the change may have something to do with graphic limitations. Raids get pretty intense, although the same argument could be applied to the opposite side of the argument. SO.....FIIK.

position your camera better?
    @Pengalor oh the irony.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So without the maxed zoom, like the fel reaver. Much fun fighting bosses only seeing their feet. PS, how much would that hurt on bosses like fel reaver or the twin emporors(?) in msv.

I don't care about it, cuz I haven't been raiding for a long time already, so I've been using closer view in order to enjoy appearance of my characters.

I guess, Blizzard think, that it's big advantage. For example in MWO there was a big debate about 3rd person view, cuz many players thought, that it granted better field of view, which is important in this game. But 3PV is also very important, cuz it allows you to see your 'Mech and it's camo paintjob right in a game. So now we have a compromise: we have 3PV, but radar and accurate manual aiming are disabled in 3PV.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

@Pengalor oh the irony.
    No irony at all. If you have an argument then go ahead and present it, don't hide behind petty, snide bullshit.

@Pengalor oh the irony.
    What are you talking about? position it better as in.... ? above?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    No irony at all. If you have an argument then go ahead and present it, don't hide behind petty, snide bullshit.
    It's as stated. If you can't control the further out camera you're free to be more zoomed in, but for others it's extremely helpful to get field coverage particularly from melee/tank spots.

It's the people who do adapt to environments with their camera who are hurt by this, not people incapable of doing so. If you don't consider the camera an advantage you are obviously NOT the target for this change - as Watcher himself explicitly stated it as an advantage that is considered 'unfair'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    An advantage for what? Looking in canals?

The players who are competitive all know about it. The players who aren't won't know what this is about.

I'm not super invested either way. I mostly tank, so I will notice the change, and it will affect my ability to do my job well, but I'll just chalk it up to another game challenge. The size of the boss will be one of his mechanics, e.g., Mannoroth has the power to blind tanks to what's going on around them. For WoD and all previous expansions, we had a work-around for this; in Legion we won't. I'll cope. Probably have to depend more on team mates to call stuff out for me. Guess that's what teams are for.

But his argument that they needed to change due to competitive disadvantage is silly. Using max camera distance has been as ubiquitous as DBM. If you're going to take away one, may as well take away both.
    Have you lost your mind, suggesting taking away DBM. Thats the same as going full retard (PC police no offense). And we all know what happens when you go full retard. ........................... YOU NEVER COME BACK.

It's as stated. If you can't control the further out camera you're free to be more zoomed in, but for others it's extremely helpful to get field coverage particularly from melee/tank spots.

It's the people who do adapt to environments with their camera who are hurt by this, not people incapable of doing so. If you don't consider the camera an advantage you are obviously NOT the target for this change - as Watcher himself explicitly stated it as an advantage that is considered 'unfair'.
    Except it's entirely unnecessary. I don't care how much people want to say you 'need' it for melee or tanking, you don't. I've played them both, you can manage just fine without it. This isn't 'adapting to the environment' either. The environments and fights were designed around the default camera. Getting extra beyond the default max is a crutch, plain and simple. And of course it's an advantage, anyone who says it isn't is lying to themselves.

Well by saying you don't 'need' it is the same as saying you don't 'need' many things that are considered required in raids - you are downplaying the advantage yourself.

Calling it a crutch is like calling gear a crutch, or addons in general a crutch, etc. It's a ridiculous childish argument that goes nowhere. You've clearly stated your preference & your own difficulty using the camera so it's natural you may feel dislike to those who do use it effectively.