Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Crafting useless if you raid normal or hc?

From: http://www.wowhead.com/news=253854/t...stem-in-legion

Max Level Dungeons: 805 Normal, 825 Heroic, 840 Mythic
    Raids: 835 LFR, 850 Normal, 865 Heroic, 880 Mythic
    Crafted: 815, upgraded to 850 via Obliterum
    World Quests: 805, reward increases based on ilvl of your current gear.
    Hellfire Citadel loot is also affected by this item system in the 7.0 prepatch.
    Some additional loot that is not part of this system, as it has no + as part of the tooltip:
    World Bosses: 860
    Legendaries: 895
    Order Hall Set: 810 upgraded to 840 via tokens

In WoD you could at least build three BiS Heroic items. Now the only ones who want to craft could be LFR raiders, but those people usually don't have the time for crafting (farming materials). Why do they make crafting completely irrelevant for raiders again? Even in Burning Crusade there where at least some raid drop receipts that gave bis items and a single very good item outside of raids to craft.

Right now all you need to do is world quests, heroic dungeons and order hall stuff and you have a set good enough for normal mode raiding. Then you switch to heroic and after that mythic. Once you reach heroic raiding nearly all content becomes obsolete since it doesn't offer an upgrade.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

only reason for crafting is for quick cash, and obliterum to fill in the pieces you are missing and be fairly well geared for progression.

Crafting will be amazing at the start of the expansion due to Obliterum.

break down crafted gear get 5-15 obliterum ash per item. combine 100 into 1 obliterum.

obliterum can be sold on the ah, and adds 5 ilvl to get up to 850.

but after mythics open up some people wont be buying them.

each tier they'll upgrade the max that obliterum can upgrade your gear i guess.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Really crappy system. I was under the impression that you would be able to craft really good gear, but it would take a lot of time and effort. The only thing I see being worthwhile doing is mythic+ dungeons if you don't want to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    only reason for crafting is for quick cash, and obliterum to fill in the pieces you are missing and be fairly well geared for progression.

Crafting will be amazing at the start of the expansion due to Obliterum.

break down crafted gear get 5-15 obliterum ash per item. combine 100 into 1 obliterum.

obliterum can be sold on the ah, and adds 5 ilvl to get up to 850.

but after mythics open up some people wont be buying them.

each tier they'll upgrade the max that obliterum can upgrade your gear i guess.
    The fuck items are you breaking down to only get 5-15 ash/item? At the moment pants are the most cost effective to craft and breaking down a pair grants 65-80 ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The fuck items are you breaking down to only get 5-15 ash/item? At the moment pants are the most cost effective to craft and breaking down a pair grants 65-80 ash.
    I broke down two bracers and two boots... got 12, 10, 10, 10... Unless you are talking about the Imbued items?

But yeah... I've been saying this as soon as I saw the gear you can craft... you will not have earned the ability to craft most of it either, until you are already past the iLevel of the gear.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-06-28 at 01:01 PM.

Honest question. If you aren't raiding or doing Mythic+ dungeons then why do you need such powerful gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brades1990 View Post
    Honest question. If you aren't raiding or doing Mythic+ dungeons then why do you need such powerful gear?
    Simple, because I want to kill faster no matter what the situation, don't you want to kill faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I broke down two bracers and two boots... got 12, 10, 10, 10... Unless you are talking about the Imbued items?

But yeah... I've been saying this as soon as I saw the gear you can craft... you will not have earned the ability to craft most of it either, until you are already past the iLevel of the gear.
    I am talking about the imbue gear, the lower level gear is there just for the tailoring quests purposes and I guess twinking or something? That one's useless.

And you're supposed to do your profession quests while you are leveling, not only do they grant a bunch of xp but they are also paced in such a way you will start quests in a new zone as soon as you move there.

You get around 3 BoS/Dungeon while crafting max level stuff costs 2 BoS. When I got to level 110 I already had enough Obliterium for 1 fully upgraded item. Crafted items are a great thing to have early in the expansion to boost your ilvl so you can get better world quest gear/fast Heroic dungeon access. While you farm Heroics to gear up, you'll get a ton of Bloods meaning more crafted items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Simple, because I want to kill faster no matter what the situation, don't you want to kill faster?
    There's no reason you can't do Mythic+ Dungeons as an alternative to Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Really crappy system. I was under the impression that you would be able to craft really good gear, but it would take a lot of time and effort. The only thing I see being worthwhile doing is mythic+ dungeons if you don't want to raid.
    I'm a mythic raider so my main character will get great gear but I was really hoping to get good gear for my alts with crafting. This is really a step backwards after making the crafting system itself better again.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

You craft gear to have for raids or to sell to other players, as per usual.

will useful to fill in the gaps, that belt you need is from the last boss and your causal grp won't be speeding to it - crafted gear is a great choice.

I didn't realize that when you stepped into a raid you immediately got a full set of gear, that's an interesting design decision by Blizzard.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Ah yes, the whining thread. Always a new one.

Yes dude, if you are Raiding Heroic or Mythic, your crafted gear will only give you a head start, but the Raid gear is better. For normal, it only gives 850 (potentially more), so Crafted is on par with it.

For all of those "OMG CRAPPY SYSTEM!". Remember that over 98% of the server DOES NOT RAID HEROIC, in WoD only about 2% completed Heroic HFC, about 8% finished Normal and about 54% finished LFR (this only counted through number of players vs achievements of completion and is a very rough estimate). So yea, a top tier Crafted 850 with optimal secondaries will work wonders for them.

Crafted gear have always become obsolete at the highest tier of raiding until a new one is released.
    Sure, you could get lucky and get plans for a belt thats just as good as one that drops in that raid but nothing thats better. In some cases the plans replaced an item, BT didnt have plate intellect wrists and instead dropped plans for them instead.

The only thing that changed is that you now only upgrade the plans you already have to a higher itemlevel instead of plans dropping from trashmobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Playing devil advocate on this though -- you are confusing NEED with WANT. You may WANT to kill faster if you don't raid but you don't NEED to kill faster. There is a difference. With raids it can be things like enrage timers you are against and just the common sense of its a raid -- its a much more difficult content therefore the enhanced gear is required to be successful.

In the world as long as you aren't being stupid - like at level 70 trying to kill things that are for level 100....OR trying to hit up a world boss AT LEVEL by yourself...you probably aren't going to be in too bad of danger, where high end "raid quality gear" isn't going to save your life it will just make it more convenient for you. In raids -- outfit an entire raid in craptastic gear....have fun with that.

Deleted
    So Blacksmithing back to being useless again...

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    So Blacksmithing back to being useless again...
    how so if you can make stuff as you lvl and obliterate it? why would it be a problem, if you can make yourself entry lvl raid gear?

they usually bump the ilvls of crafted gear to the normal ilvl of the next raid when its released.

as said previously it will be amazing to fill in the gaps.

Take in mind it will probably have a resriction on them like WOD, with only 3 or so equippable.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Take in mind it will probably have a resriction on them like WOD, with only 3 or so equippable.
    This is false. Blizzard has stated that this restriction is removed in Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brades1990 View Post
    The whole point of MMO or any rpg is to progress your character and make it more powerful.