Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If you had all them things in the game what would be your reason to not have flight then? just to piss players who love flying off or something? I rather have none of them and flight and then flight would fill an even greater purpose.
    The gentleman below is closer to my intentions. That being said however if they delivered content every 3 months w/all the changes I proposed I wouldn't miss flight, and would actually welcome the change.

Honestly I understand the idea that sans flight Blizzard could create better more engaging content. The glaring problem is though they simply didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think he was arguing for your case by stating everything he feels is needed to get away with a no flight xpac. Not things he wants to see happen, but saying flight fills all those roles that you would need them all to make up for it, and that since all those things aren't there it won't work. Just how I read it since he included things that Blizzard has never done and things he thinks they will never do.
    I am not one of those flight or nothing guys.. I am not pro flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just knew back in MoP Blizzard wouldn't deliver... WoD proved me right. Legion is shaping up much the same way, 2-3 months tops into Legion everyone will be in que in their class halls and Dalaran... because the tedium and annoyance exceeds the fun or reward to be had.

I am pro flight because it covers many of WoWs glaring flaws. A stagnant open world, densely populated by mobs that server no purpose beyond leveling content, excessive travel times, etc etc Flight covers these or at the very least lessens the impact of these flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I think sub count will speak louder than any resident MMOC "expert".
    Didn't you know? No body quit because flight was disabled, because <insert anti flight person here> said so. That and Blizzard never said why they left... <rolls eyes>
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    The gentleman below is closer to my intentions. That being said however if they delivered content every 3 months w/all the changes I proposed I wouldn't miss flight, and would actually welcome the change.

Honestly I understand the idea that sans flight Blizzard could create better more engaging content. The glaring problem is though they simply didn't.
    Content is completely irrelevant, it has nothing to do with flight. I love "flying" moving around freely, seeing the world from whatever view I so desire. content or not. Flight is just a feature that should be there. Its also a feature that shouldn't take much effort to keep in game... Unless. They want to keep trying to do a on rails instanced cinematic based single player experience alá WoD where they feel flying is an obstacle in the way for the developers. But that kind of game doesn't feel like an MMO.

Why are you still complaining? You will get flying most likely in 7.2. You will not get it any sooner. Shut up and enjoy the game it's a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Content is completely irrelevant, it has nothing to do with flight. I love "flying" moving around freely, seeing the world from whatever view I so desire. content or not. Flight is just a feature that should be there. Its also a feature that shouldn't take much effort to keep in game... Unless. They want to keep trying to do a on rails instanced cinematic based single player experience alá WoD where they feel flying is an obstacle in the way for the developers. But that kind of game doesn't feel like an MMO.
    I disagree but to each their own.

If the content is new and fresh I want to experience it. However when it has become stale and stagnant I want to move past it to the content that is till relevant to me, flight enables this.

Although I understand flight for the joy of it w/out content I understand is a thing for some people.. however I would wager that segment of the population is a true minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Why are you still complaining? You will get flying most likely in 7.2. You will not get it any sooner. Shut up and enjoy the game it's a lot of fun
    Source? The last thing I read was "middle of the expac".

So you are ok w/out flight for 6-12 months again? Personally I am not delaying it anything beyond the first content patch add nothing positive to the game, unless you are a fan of tedium.

Although I am sure the experience will be fun by the first, second, hell maybe even third, in a few short months time we will have experienced it multiple times. Personally I don't find dealing w/leveling content every time I want to do something non instanced that is relevant to my character to be to compelling.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2016-06-28 at 10:00 AM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

I disagree but to each their own.

If the content is new and fresh I want to experience it. However when it has become stale and stagnant I want to move past it to the content that is till relevant to me, flight enables this.

Although I understand flight for the joy of it w/out content I understand is a thing for some people.. however I would wager that segment of the population is a true minority.

Source? The last thing I read was "middle of the expac".

So you are ok w/out flight for 6-12 months again? Personally I am not delaying it anything beyond the first content patch add nothing positive to the game, unless you are a fan of tedium.

Although I am sure the experience will be fun by the first, second, hell maybe even third, in a few short months time we will have experienced it multiple times. Personally I don't find dealing w/leveling content every time I want to do something non instanced that is relevant to my character to be to compelling.
    I remember asking someone this but they got all mad. How bout you can have flying at launch but it is only 60% flying speed. What most of us had in BC and you had to still do the part 1 of pathfinder?

I remember asking someone this but they got all mad. How bout you can have flying at launch but it is only 60% flying speed. What most of us had in BC and you had to still do the part 1 of pathfinder?
    Flying at launch w/60% speed by completing the first part of Pathfinder... sure I would be ok w/that sure as hell beats the hell out of the increased mount speed it rewards.

That being said though the second part would have to come to return us to our 300% speed, in a reasonable amount of time, because we would still run into the same issue upon reaching the 3-4 month time frame..

Flying at launch w/60% speed by completing the first part of Pathfinder... sure I would be ok w/that sure as hell beats the hell out of the increased mount speed it rewards.

That being said though the second part would have to come to return us to our 300% speed, in a reasonable amount of time, because we would still run into the same issue upon reaching the 3-4 month time frame..
    I guess that example works better for the "flying is content crowd" they shit their pants in anger when I present them with that solution because deep down they want the convenience of 310 speed lol

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that example works better for the "flying is content crowd" they shit their pants in anger when I present them with that solution because deep down they want the convenience of 310 speed lol
    No, they know deep down that 60% flying sucks, hence why blizzard made it 150% back then. Now 150% flying they can live with.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yah I would never say flying is content, if it was why am I just not playing a flight simulator. Although I understand some players feel that way.

Flying does enable content though. Previously on this thread I listed what I did one month after launch vs what I did once flight was enabled. The differences are staggering.

Like I have said I am not pro flight I am pro a better more engaging game. If Blizzard had delivered in WoD this conversation may be totally different. Unfortunately Legion appears to shaping up much the same way .. they just increased the rewards.

People will do what they NEED to do in the open world, then que for everything else until flight is enabled. Once they have flight they will do dailies just to do them, they will do pet battles, they will do archeology etc etc ...

I wager come 2 months into the expac Legions open world is going to be as desolate of players as WoD was one month in.

Yah I would never say flying is content, if it was why am I just not playing a flight simulator. Although I understand some players feel that way.

Flying does enable content though. Previously on this thread I listed what I did one month after launch vs what I did once flight was enabled. The differences are staggering.

Like I have said I am not pro flight I am pro a better more engaging game. If Blizzard had delivered in WoD this conversation may be totally different. Unfortunately Legion appears to shaping up much the same way .. they just increased the rewards.

People will do what they NEED to do in the open world, then que for everything else until flight is enabled. Once they have flight they will do dailies just to do them, they will do pet battles, they will do archeology etc etc ...

I wager come 2 months into the expac Legions open world is going to be as desolate of players as WoD was one month in.
    I mean I will do all the dailies and reputations without flight and probably arch as well on 1 character. Flight wouldn't make me interested in doing different content and sure as hell wouldn't get me interested in doing lesser version of Pokémon.

Deleted
    They can't add flying soon enough for the new continent. It is obvious that mappers were told to design for flying this time around unlike in WoD which was left in the air or were implied to not be needed, so various maps are very cumbersome to do on ground. In some cases you can't even go through some areas without a walk on water effect which would be unnecessarily annoying to new players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    They can't add flying soon enough for the new continent. It is obvious that mappers were told to design for flying this time around unlike in WoD which was left in the air or were implied to not be needed, so various maps are very cumbersome to do on ground. In some cases you can't even go through some areas without a walk on water effect which would be unnecessarily annoying to new players.
    If this is true (the part about waterwalking), then they totally lost their sense for area design.

I also don't understand why they always have to re-work the game from scratch when a new addon is there. As if new areas, dungeons, gear, and vanity items would not be enough. I am sick of pruning and no-flying. MoP was bearable (flying on mainland, no-flying on the additional isles). WoD was not that much until Pathfinder was out. If Legion will continue and make this even worse, then I will probably quit the game, despite having some friends here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    If this is true (the part about waterwalking), then they totally lost their sense for area design.
    It's not that extreme but there are various points that water walking helps. In some special cases you may have to walk on water for a minute but that may be because they didn't add a flight master yet. The main annoyance is that maps like Stormheim and Highmountain - while beautiful this time around - they can be quite the time sink to navigate on ground.

No doubt! Especially when the artifact power curve really kicks in. People will be sick to death of spending more time riding and flight pathing around the area than actually doing the quests. I know that once I have the achievement part done, I'll be unsubbing til it is actually available. I've only been doing them for 2 weeks now and I'm already dreading it each day.

Flying made WoD bearable... it will make Legion enjoyable. Legion is going to be great for that first couple months... but then the new wears off, you realize that the WQs are mostly the same quests and rares you did leveling up, you waste so much time "immersed on the fucking ground", and crafting is a waste of time.

If they delay flying in Legion it will break the game.

or simply save money and return when flying will come back - this way eveyrbody win you save money on game that is not fun for you and blizzard will learn not to take away features from players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    No doubt! Especially when the artifact power curve really kicks in. People will be sick to death of spending more time riding and flight pathing around the area than actually doing the quests. I know that once I have the achievement part done, I'll be unsubbing til it is actually available. I've only been doing them for 2 weeks now and I'm already dreading it each day.

Flying made WoD bearable... it will make Legion enjoyable. Legion is going to be great for that first couple months... but then the new wears off, you realize that the WQs are mostly the same quests and rares you did leveling up, you waste so much time "immersed on the fucking ground", and crafting is a waste of time.

Yah I agree. I already have Legion cause I had 3 battlenet gift cards from Christmas, and won a copy of Overwatch from Taco Bell or I probably would have just passed on the expac till flight had a definite date to return.

As is stands i will play the first month (cause I am quite confident I will enjoy the leveling experience), and then just let my sub lapse. Unless of course they announce that flight will be coming in 2-3 months then I will stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

The biggest problem is that they have gimmicks once again instead of real travel options. Players will notice this fairly sooner than WoD because there are no garrison to hide this poor game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching a few youtube vids on Legion, I think its safe to say it will be a desolate wasteland within 60 days of release.

The things you have to do to level up your artifact become ten times more tedious without flight once you get to a certain level. After watching the movie, I really wanted to give WoW another chance, but thanks to youtube, ill be saving 60 dollars.

As it should be!!

15+ Year Old Account
    When I was lvling in Highmountain for example I found myself, yet again, swear at the poor maping... I ended up throwing myself off cliffs and spiritwalk, cba trying to find a fucking way down and the Water Strider Mount is a must have (imo). Finding your way up can be a bitch too. It's a beautiful zone, no question about it. Quite spectacular actually, but it is annoying to navigate through. I thought Nagrand and Spires was bad, as bad is it could get - this is worse. I can't see myself farming herbs, ores or doing Archaeology - again - which is quite sad, as I usually love doing those things.

Trust me, people are going to feel the hurt of not having flight way more so than they did in WoD. I can't see them getting away with delaying flight for very long without facing a riot of annoyed costumers. Which in turn will cost them money. Which will fly badly with the higher ups and stockholders.

And honestly, what is all this crap with "flight lets you skip content" I read every now and then - what content exactly are we talking about here? The travel time between quests? The travel time between herbs? The travel time between base and raid instance? Travel time isn't content.
    Flight lets you efficiently travel between content and it also allow you to engage in content, if you wish, a long the way from the intended point A to B. The taxi doesn't. And ground mounts slow speed (in comparison to flight) combined with a cluster fuck of not making any sense terrain, actively delay you from engaging in the content you want to do - so many rares I've missed due to "I want to rip my hair out terrain". I can deal with all this while lvling, but after that it is only a source of frustration. Frustration which is hurtful to the game.

Flight doesn't help you kill mobs. It doesn't let you complete quests automatically. Flight doesn't save you when you're in combat and the next hit is about to kill you. Server faction imbalance will make sure you're only bumping into the other faction once in a blue moon. Then there's those PvE servers too... So again, WHAT is it exactly that flight lets us skip?