Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePitch View Post
    Hello people,

Just figured I'd get your thoughts. This is my personal reflection on the balance between the heroes. Now, I understand they're not meant to be perfectly balanced around one another and that circumstance comes into play. I also don't know what the design philosophy is that Blizzard were going for. Let me know if you agree/disagree with the following, and if there's something I'm missing (i.e "oh when that happens you're supposed to do this").

* "Heroes that don't have to aim are especially damaging to Tracer" - why do we have heroes that don't have to aim in an FPS? There's nothing like Winston running after a weaker hero and just pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzting him/her to death without an opportunity to escape. The same applies to Zenyatta click click clicking away. This might make sense if he did less damage, seeing as he's a healer, but he does do substantial damage if you're in his line of sight. Same goes to Symmetra, who also slows the shit out of you in the process. All of these are detrimental to melee and close range.

* Tracer has a ridiculous amount of mobility. I understand her health is meant to be low to compensate for it, but her damage is not, especially considering she doesn't shoot in short bursts like Genji or Reaper. Running after her with Genji as she runs back and forth, completing eluding me for the entire duration of my ulti, feels a bit stupid. This could be an anecdote but I think many will agree she is incredibly annoying. This may be her design, but at the very least I think her damage should be lowered.

* Hanzo is a shittier version of Widowmaker. Their aim is more or less equal, especially headshots, but her mobility is more functional and she has way better defense. Widowmaker can either machine gun you down or hook away when endangered. Hanzo can't burst, and his ability to climb isn't that handy when trying to escape. I think his ulti slightly trumps hers, but that's circumstantial. He needs a bit more defensive capacity.

* Torbjorn's turret and Symmetra's sentry pods both are overpowered. It's pretty stupid for me to walk into a room and then be punished for walking into the room. There's no limit on how many of them she can hide anywhere she feels like, and they slow and kill you within a matter of seconds - not much you can do to counter especially if you're not a tank. You're not going to hit all of them once you find them out. You walk into a room and you're dead. This is different than Junkrat's trap, which can be a one shot death but at least you have the option of seeing it if you're perceptive. Same with Torbjorn's turret. It does way more damage than he does, which is cool, but it also has 100% accuracy if you're in its line of sight - it literally locks on you and bursts really quickly. You also can't destroy it with one hero, especially if you're not a tank. It's a hero who has a tool that can mow down other heroes with ease. And it's not like he's useless either. He can still kill you even tho he's quite squishy. I understand the turret is central to his play, but with most heroes 1 on 1 I have some sort of chance of outplaying them because they're human. The turret is pure, automated, brainless damage. Either the turret's damage should be lower, or its speed less, or its health less, or destroying it should incur some sort of penalty like he can't build another one for 30 seconds or something.

* Bastion's damage is a bit too ridiculous. If you're defending and you pick two or three bastions getting past is almost impossible unless you counter with three Genjis. Genji's ability to demolish Bastion is actually comical, but so is Bastion's ability to damage everyone else. Ironically Genji destroys Bastion so hilariously because he's reflecting his own damage back at him. It's literally a machine gun that does massive damage and can heal itself. He can kill Reinhardt in 2 seconds or deplete his shield in 4. I think his damage should be lowered slightly.

* Roadhog's ability to just hook a weaker hero and one shot them, I can accept that if there's a lot of skill involved. His reticle is like 4 times the size of Hanzo's. It's not that difficult to hook someone especially if they're coming down a narrow path. Increase the amount of skill/accuracy involved if you're going to allow a hero to one shot half of the other heroes. His ability to heal is also a bit stupid - it's not his ulti and he's a tank.

That's all from me. I understand that these are subjective complaints and say more about the heroes I prefer than anything, but I do think they're valid. There's a lot of diversity and heroes I have problems with but you can counter those without getting into a composition competition. Maybe the composition vs composition thing is meant to be central to the play, but then what's the joy in playing a hero you actually enjoy playing? I get that the more limited your heroes the less likely you can win, but I don't want to be playing a game where I have to get good at all the heroes and then just keep countering the enemy's composition. I play for an hour to two per session and I don't have the time to get too dedicated to the entire game.

(virtual) pennies for your thoughts.
    I'm not sure if you're saying "tracer is imbalanced (reference Genji, or under-powered (reference Winston)" - Either way, Tracer is if anything is like "imbalanced" but I'd say only at very high-skill levels. Her burst is IMMENSE - attach her sticky to it and she does serious dmg. (She might need balance, but I find the fact I CAN use heroes like Rein, give me the ability to defend against her well (likely the "counter") as it where.

Hanzo is Hanzo, His burst is HUGE when you account for Scatter shot (Far more than a full-charge headshot). However I agree with this mobility, the climbing is great for Genji subpar for Hanzo - His arrows hit box needs SERIOUS adjustment. Along with the dmg should scale with distance and power, not at set cut off points (correct me if I'm wrong).

Toby and Symmetra both are very well balanced (So long as you play against them properly. Symmetra PAST when you walk into the room of her sentries is sorta useless (very squishy). Her tele IS HUGE, but unless you know what you're doing or your team works with you she's subpar, not imbalanced over over-powered, just better out there. Toby is in my opinion a great place, he does solid dmg, close and medium, he can take an OK amount and his turret is great for Area Denial. I get you don't like "walking into a room and dying for walking into the room". But really, his turret doesn't DO THAT much dmg, you can walk away most of the time. And once you know where it is, it's a few Widow Shots/Phara Rockets/Junk Rat grenades from being dead. His turret with out molten core is SUPER easy to kill (And not that hard in MC tbh).

Bastion is in a good place too, his dmg is very high yes, but he has NO mobility, and he can only heal when NOT being actively hit by enemy attacks. As long as you call their locations, and work like a team you're gonna have a good match of back and forth. I played one game with 5 Reins and a Lucio. It ended up being us against 4 Bastions and 1 Reaper, and a Mercy. Once Rein would shield up, then I'd charge through the shield into the bastion, So on and so forth. Or, You flank them (Reins charge is ESPECIALLY good for Bastion if you pin - I love Reinhardt)

Roadhog is roadhog, AVOID the hook. Your issues should be more "STOP HOOKING PEOPLE THROUGH RANDOM WALLS AND FLOOR BOARDS". Because he does that on the reg right now.

I say all this to provide this line of feedback.

Overwatch is more than an "FPS" and even if we just labeled it as an "FPS". It doesn't mean you only shoot in first person. There are counters to each hero, team comps, compliments and weak hero combos. You're gonna loose, and that's ok. I'd rather loose a close match where me and friends are calling plays, doing well and trying are best. Than to just steam roll the opposing team. Tight counters like this make that sort of thing possible (Average skill Roadhog has a 50/50 against an average Reaper) etc.

Hello people,

Just figured I'd get your thoughts. This is my personal reflection on the balance between the heroes. Now, I understand they're not meant to be perfectly balanced around one another and that circumstance comes into play. I also don't know what the design philosophy is that Blizzard were going for. Let me know if you agree/disagree with the following, and if there's something I'm missing (i.e "oh when that happens you're supposed to do this").

* "Heroes that don't have to aim are especially damaging to Tracer" - why do we have heroes that don't have to aim in an FPS? There's nothing like Winston running after a weaker hero and just pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzting him/her to death without an opportunity to escape. The same applies to Zenyatta click click clicking away. This might make sense if he did less damage, seeing as he's a healer, but he does do substantial damage if you're in his line of sight. Same goes to Symmetra, who also slows the shit out of you in the process. All of these are detrimental to melee and close range.

* Tracer has a ridiculous amount of mobility. I understand her health is meant to be low to compensate for it, but her damage is not, especially considering she doesn't shoot in short bursts like Genji or Reaper. Running after her with Genji as she runs back and forth, completing eluding me for the entire duration of my ulti, feels a bit stupid. This could be an anecdote but I think many will agree she is incredibly annoying. This may be her design, but at the very least I think her damage should be lowered.

* Hanzo is a shittier version of Widowmaker. Their aim is more or less equal, especially headshots, but her mobility is more functional and she has way better defense. Widowmaker can either machine gun you down or hook away when endangered. Hanzo can't burst, and his ability to climb isn't that handy when trying to escape. I think his ulti slightly trumps hers, but that's circumstantial. He needs a bit more defensive capacity.

* Torbjorn's turret and Symmetra's sentry pods both are overpowered. It's pretty stupid for me to walk into a room and then be punished for walking into the room. There's no limit on how many of them she can hide anywhere she feels like, and they slow and kill you within a matter of seconds - not much you can do to counter especially if you're not a tank. You're not going to hit all of them once you find them out. You walk into a room and you're dead. This is different than Junkrat's trap, which can be a one shot death but at least you have the option of seeing it if you're perceptive. Same with Torbjorn's turret. It does way more damage than he does, which is cool, but it also has 100% accuracy if you're in its line of sight - it literally locks on you and bursts really quickly. You also can't destroy it with one hero, especially if you're not a tank. It's a hero who has a tool that can mow down other heroes with ease. And it's not like he's useless either. He can still kill you even tho he's quite squishy. I understand the turret is central to his play, but with most heroes 1 on 1 I have some sort of chance of outplaying them because they're human. The turret is pure, automated, brainless damage. Either the turret's damage should be lower, or its speed less, or its health less, or destroying it should incur some sort of penalty like he can't build another one for 30 seconds or something.

* Bastion's damage is a bit too ridiculous. If you're defending and you pick two or three bastions getting past is almost impossible unless you counter with three Genjis. Genji's ability to demolish Bastion is actually comical, but so is Bastion's ability to damage everyone else. Ironically Genji destroys Bastion so hilariously because he's reflecting his own damage back at him. It's literally a machine gun that does massive damage and can heal itself. He can kill Reinhardt in 2 seconds or deplete his shield in 4. I think his damage should be lowered slightly.

* Roadhog's ability to just hook a weaker hero and one shot them, I can accept that if there's a lot of skill involved. His reticle is like 4 times the size of Hanzo's. It's not that difficult to hook someone especially if they're coming down a narrow path. Increase the amount of skill/accuracy involved if you're going to allow a hero to one shot half of the other heroes. His ability to heal is also a bit stupid - it's not his ulti and he's a tank.

That's all from me. I understand that these are subjective complaints and say more about the heroes I prefer than anything, but I do think they're valid. There's a lot of diversity and heroes I have problems with but you can counter those without getting into a composition competition. Maybe the composition vs composition thing is meant to be central to the play, but then what's the joy in playing a hero you actually enjoy playing? I get that the more limited your heroes the less likely you can win, but I don't want to be playing a game where I have to get good at all the heroes and then just keep countering the enemy's composition. I play for an hour to two per session and I don't have the time to get too dedicated to the entire game.

(virtual) pennies for your thoughts.

First response's to your thoughts:

* vs tracer hero's: You said it your self. She is very mobile. If the current hero's could not attack her with their auto target weapons. She will get very OP in decent hands. As for your second point. That is why some hero's do not have soft counters ( meaning some hero's kinda counter a hero in the right conditions). Tracer is a HARD counter hero. You either counter her...or you do not.

* Hanzo: do not agree with you. Yes hanzo is F*CK*D at close range. But that is not his job. And at long range he does WAY more damage. And you can get crazy shots with him. Meaning if you hit somewhere near your target it will hit. And His Q is WAYYYY more powerfull ( more on that below) then widows.

* Turrets: ( more on them below) but yes they are bit. The turrets from symmetra should take a bit more area damage. And tjorborn turret is just to good. It see's you 1 meter before leave cover. It never misses etc etc.

* Bastion: Nope its good. He is just a hard counter hero in most cases. As a reinhard or winston it takes to long to kill him.

* Roadhog :i think he is good as he is. His stuff seems a bit overpowerd. Be he can be countered. And unlike the other tank hero's he does not have shields or a quick escape move so he needs that hp/heal.

my 2 cents:
    Reaper: his damage is a bit to good. Not allot but a bit to good.
    Bastion: For most tanks he is very hard to kill.
    Hanzo: His Q charge's to fast...way to fast. You can get like 5 q's in the time most people get 2...And his hitting anywhere near your target counts as a hit is very frustrating.
    Junkrat: Leftbutton spawn is to power full and you almost have no defense againts it. He can pretty much make it rain...witch is OP.
    Mei: her right button is to powerfull i get way to much kills with it.
    D.VA: Her problem is that she is a close to medium close hero with her weapons. But she can not survive at that range.
    Reinhard: His hammer is a little bit on the weak side. It takes to much hits to kill people sometimes. And if the hero's are very mobile its impossible to get good hits in. So either increase the range of the swing. or damage.
    Winston: He needs a second attack. his main is good for groups. But he needs a stronger move ( like a right button 8 second cooldown stomp with his fist or something) . And his shield is useless. it stops almost nothing at all.
    Zarya; most people will say she is to easy to kill for a tank. But she just needs allot of skill. But i would agree that she is more a offense hero then a tank.
    SYmmetra; Why in gods name is she in the support group. The only reason is the teleporter. She is a tjroborn. You rarely get a shield after the first time. The shield is easy to kill. Her turrets and weapons are very very strong and do good damage. She is a defense hero.

Deleted
    snip
    This picture is always relevant when it comes to discussing balance in Overwatch.

It's from before the nerf of Widow and McCree, but the point still stands.
    When someone claims that Bastion or Torbjörn is overpowered I just disregard their opinions completely, it just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

yep, roadhog can hook through floors right now but really, in most cases take a sidestep and the hook misses you. good roadhogs catch you unattended and then it's totally ok they kill you. but people move like potatoes and complain about hooks...
    can't be serious xD

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the range on Torb's turrets is a bit ridiculous right now, it needs to be lowered. Otherwise, I think it's just a matter of finding a counter for a certain situation. If your other teammates aren't willing to switch heroes to try to win, then you will almost always lose a match.

I don't like when people "cheese" a win, but it happens so oh well. Certains maps are too easy to defend, and any well organized team can hold the other team back the whole time. Just sometimes you get stupid comps like on Temple of Anubis, with 2 symmetras, 2-3 torbs or bastions, rein to shield, and 1 mercy to rez.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello people,

And here are my counters to your thoughts:

* Auto aim guns are limited to very close range. Just don't engage them in close combat and you're fine. Zenyatta is very much not an auto-aim character. His Orb of Discord is, but that does no damage by itself.

* Don't try to run after a Tracer. It'll literally never work. Ever. Unless you're Tracer yourself. She is MEANT to be annoying. If she gets close to you, pretty much any hero can shred her because of her low health. Even more, just pick a McCree and stun her, then single headshot and she's down and out for ~20 seconds, depending on how long it takes to get back to the fight.

* Hanzo is a very different character than Widowmaker. Since the nerf she received, Hanzo body shots do more damage, he has his vision ability up a lot more often (20 seconds as opposed to ult), and scatter arrow is way more beneficial than Widow mine for pretty much all situations. Not to mention that his ult is SOOOOO much more impactful than Widows. It can come from any directions, it can go through walls, and it will completely zone an area if done right. Widow gives your team vision, but that's generally not as impactful.

* Torbjörns turret can do a lot of damage if you ignore it, but then don't. People who can do decent damage across long range (Snipers, Pharah, Soldier, hell, even Genji 3 of the supports!) will be able to do more damage to it than a Torbjörn can heal. As for Symmetra.. She can only put up 6 turrets, they have basically no health (just melee when you're close to them, be Winston, or have explosive weapons like Pharah, Soldier, or Junkrat). And for not being able to see them.. If there's a Symmetra on their team, she'll likely set them up in a very populated area, where you're forced to go in, or at least very likely to do so. Not to mention they have very short ranges.

* Bastion's damage is only ridiculous if you run at him from the front. If the enemy team picks 3 bastions, go Hanzo, wait 2 minutes and throw an Ult at them. If you don't want to take damage from a Bastion, attack from the back. There's almost 0 places where a Bastion has a decent view (Requried to do good damage) and you can't also flank them somehow.

* His hook does, what.. 50 damage? A full hit to the face does 200? And if you know there's a Roadhog, be more careful when going down narrow hallways. Hide behind a Reinhardt, or have a Zarya with you on the team to shield you. A decent Roadhog will be flanking your team and taking out the back line, so make sure you're not too vulnerable to flanking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-Reaper View Post
    yep, roadhog can hook through floors right now but really, in most cases take a sidestep and the hook misses you. good roadhogs catch you unattended and then it's totally ok they kill you. but people move like potatoes and complain about hooks...
    can't be serious xD
    But you don't need to be a good Roadhog to connect with the hook. Sidesteps don't really help because he throws a truck at you, not a hook. Why do you think that most players have around 20-40% accuracy, but 60-80% hook accuracy?
    I'd like it to be more difficult to hit someone... or at least make it rifle-ish hitscan which would actually mean that they have to aim and not eyeball it.

* His hook does, what.. 50 damage? A full hit to the face does 200? And if you know there's a Roadhog, be more careful when going down narrow hallways. Hide behind a Reinhardt, or have a Zarya with you on the team to shield you. A decent Roadhog will be flanking your team and taking out the back line, so make sure you're not too vulnerable to flanking
    Melee finisher + headshot included (which is nearly guaranteed), you are about 200 dmg off. He can actually one shot combo Winston. Which would be fine by me, if hook is less fucked up.

edit: oh, even though it's viable to hide behind Reinhardt, it's also worth mentioning that Roadhog is one of the highest damage dealers against his barrier (and in the game).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-28 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    But you don't need to be a good Roadhog to connect with the hook. Sidesteps don't really help because he throws a truck at you, not a hook. Why do you think that most players have around 20-40% accuracy, but 60-80% hook accuracy?
    60-80% accuracy in a single game sure... But seriously overall accuracy on even the best hookers is no where near 80%.

55-60% average hook accuracy is a very good 'Hog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    60-80% accuracy in a single game sure... But seriously overall accuracy on even the best hookers is no where near 80%.

55-60% average hook accuracy is a very good 'Hog.

which is still alot higher than avg. projectile and hitscan accuracy. Considering the fact that about every 2nd hook will most likely end in a kill, that's huge for such an easy ability.

which is still alot higher than avg. projectile and hitscan accuracy. Considering the fact that about every 2nd hook will most likely end in a kill, that's huge for such an easy ability.
    That's still not true.
    You're taking the total overall accuracy percentage of hook, which includes tanks who are easily propping up every Roadhog's hook accuracy, then using that stat to suggest every 2nd kill is a 1 shot. Every tank + the 250hp heroes are generally not 1 shot.

If you could filter hooks by hero, say Tracer, accuracy would be no where near 50%. Even halving it is generous.

This is before you take into account the stupid issues with heroes finishing behind you, not being pulled at all due to wall block etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He is. His weapon does terrible damage unless it's someone with like, 150 hp, or you're cleaving two targets with him.
    Zenyatta is basically a hard counter to Winston. Orb of Harmony heals about 50% of the damage he deals so it takes twice as long for him to kill anyone. You can pretty much 1v1 as Mercy if you have Harmony on you.

Or Mercy/Lucio combo. Winston isn't killing anyone, and you don't even have to pay attention to him
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Seems like McCree nerf killed the guy. Zenyatta with, again, a whopping 0% pickrate.
    Looking at these tiers... if they ever take pity on Mei and buff her (and to a lesser extent Junkrat) because "not picked often enough in competitive" there will be hell to play.

OW balance seems mostly fine to me, with the exception that Lucio is probably too good at everything and extremely good at KotH mode (get a Lucio or lose, kill their Lucio, protect your Lucio...). I used to like the hero, but now his constant and mandatory presence made playing him extremely dull, and I'd rather take a dedicated Lucio-counter (Roadhog, McCree, even Zenyatta) instead.

Meanwhile, while used constantly in competitive, Mercy actually has the lowest total (all games, all platforms) winrate out of all heroes, an almost unprecedented feat for a healer in a cooperative multiplayer game. Statistically, in a pub you'd be better off picking a third Genji for your team than her, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by hellinter201 View Post
    I don't really care THAT much about the Hog hook, but the wall hooking is ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING. The worst part is that it is not latency at all, as even the own hooker, on their screen, is seen grabbing me behind a wall all the time. Sometimes the hook bugs violently, pulling me right to his ass instead of his face. Sometimes I'm able to escape alive due to this.
    Hook inconsistency is awful. Many times I'm seeing people teleporting behind me or to the side, or even hear the hook latch but it doesn't pull the enemy in. Many games were lost because a critical hook failed due to a bug, then the hero ulted mere seconds later.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-06-28 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to stop at the Zenyatta part, because he absolutely has to aim, it's what makes him a more difficult hero.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really don't want balance in a game like this cause you can pretty much counter everything else if you're smart about it. Haven't really went into a roadblock where I thought "this is impossible". So nahh just leave it the way it is imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    This picture is always relevant when it comes to discussing balance in Overwatch.

It's from before the nerf of Widow and McCree, but the point still stands.
    When someone claims that Bastion or Torbjörn is overpowered I just disregard their opinions completely, it just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    While I agree with the point you're trying to make, it's not as black & white as you summarize it.
    I suppose Bastion/Torbjörn are OP if you play at lower levels. At higher levels, where we can at least assume that people know maps, counters, etc., they are just too easily countered and neutralized, which shows in the "pro" rankings.

There's different levels of play and the perception of a hero his rank in the pantheon depends on the level you play at.

The graph surprises me though, I expected Soldier to be higher. He's such an all-round champ.

Deleted
    That's still not true.
    You're taking the total overall accuracy percentage of hook, which includes tanks who are easily propping up every Roadhog's hook accuracy, then using that stat to suggest every 2nd kill is a 1 shot. Every tank + the 250hp heroes are generally not 1 shot.
    Doesn't matter, Tanks also increase overall accuracy of all other weapons and abilities so if that is an argument, then most players don't even have 20-30% accuracy with normal weapons.

Not sure why 250hp heroes are not 1 shot when you overkill 200hp ones by quite a lot without using Melee afterwards. It's not really that difficult to get a headshot with his shotgun at point blank range, missing pellets included, the combo itself should easily reach 300dmg.
    I guess the hook inconsistency (which feels like it has to do with jumping prior to using hook) might mess with it from time to time.

The graph surprises me though, I expected Soldier to be higher. He's such an all-round champ.
    he should be higher now, Pharah most likely too. As he said, that graph is from before the nerf.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-28 at 03:38 PM.

Doesn't matter, Tanks also increase overall accuracy of all other weapons and abilities so if that is an argument, then most players don't even have 20-30% accuracy with normal weapons.
    You're not wrong, but it's irrelevant.
    We're talking about hooks. Something thrown in much fewer number in a match. With a much more limited range.
    You can't say average hit rate is 60-80% when it isn't, and that every 2nd hook is a kill when it isn't.

Deleted
    Since there are no stats to look at whether or not every 2nd hook kills, I'll go with the feeling I have about hook. And that feeling tells me "I've got hooked, I'm dead" and when it doesn't end up killing me I consider myself extremely *lucky*.

Also, if you compare Final Blows, Elimation with the amount of Hooks that connected, you'll notice that they are connected somehow, suggesting that a large amount of Roadhog kills are due to his hook.. which isn't all that suprising because that's how he is used anyway.
    Even if he doesn't get the final blow whenever he pulled a tank, that hooked tank's future is, nonetheless, looking grim

But once again, I want to point out that I don't have a problem with his skillset, I'm just bothered at how poorly the hook mechanic is done. It's frustrating... thanks to killcams, even more so. That annyoing random Hanzo arrow that killed you because he spammed arrows left and right? Well, 'Hogs hook is that times two most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-06-28 at 04:04 PM.

he should be higher now, Pharah most likely too. As he said, that graph is from before the nerf.
    And it was not with the 1-hero limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    6. Reinhardt roasts him, his weapon dont reflect
    Genji doesn't take any damage from melee attacks (including Reinhardt) that happen in front of him while deflecting, except for another Genji's ult swings.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The only problem I have with the hook is that it is hitscan (instant hit like bullets) which makes that you sometimes get hooked through walls and other solid objects.
    It's actually a projectile, you can test it out on the moving robots in the Practice Range. It's a really fast projectile, but you still have lead it at the length of its range. The actual reason for being hooked through walls, outside of lag and large hitbox, is that there is a strange delay between when the target is hooked and when it actually pulls you. It will be blocked by ledges/short walls that are in between the Roadhog and the point at which the hook connected it seems.

Edit: You know what's funny though? The weird bugs with hook are probably the only thing that keeps it an almost balanced ability :P
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-06-28 at 05:48 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions