Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't think in any scenario I said I would give up my life for anyone but I would chose pretty much anyone over a turtle
    Then as I said, your value system is ridiculous.

A pedophile is not worth more than a turtle neither was Hitler. I value actions of individuals. You value what someone/thing was born as. I doubt those birth based value judgments of yours stop at species.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Then as I said, your value system is ridiculous.

A pedophile is not worth more than a turtle neither was Hitler. I value actions of individuals. You value what someone/thing was born as. I doubt those birth based value judgments of yours stop at species.
    I had no idea the man was a pedophile or are we just changing the terms of the argument?

If I am ever in the situation where I can either save a turtles life or a humans life, ill make sure I ask him if he's a pedophile or a Neo-Nazi first.

Deleted
    How do you know? you know nothing about the man. This hypothetical argument just keeps getting dumber
    I don't know, but it's a logical conclusion based on the fact that the vast majority of people contribute nothing in their time on Earth. With that in mind, an angry psychopath that beats slow-moving animals to death with hammers is unlikely to be worth more than the sum of his nutritional breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I don't know, but it's a logical conclusion based on the fact that the vast majority of people contribute nothing in their time on Earth. With that in mind, an angry psychopath that beats slow-moving animals to death with hammers is unlikely to be worth more than the sum of his nutritional breakdown.
    Well you're definitely making your point there, I think I would save a turtle over you

I had no idea the man was a pedophile or are we just changing the terms of the argument?

If I am ever in the situation where I can either save a turtles life or a humans life, ill make sure I ask him if he's a pedophile or a Neo-Nazi first.
    I didn't say he was and what you're doing is a bullshit tactic.

I'm saying VERY CLEARLY, that just the fact that something is human doesn't mean it has more value than something that is not. I'm using extreme examples to get you to see that. You do see it, which is why you're trying to obfuscate the point with this stupid tactic.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    These kind of people need to be taken seriously because it tends to lead to future violence against humans.
    But since its just animals, its fine...so far.

I didn't say he was and what you're doing is a bullshit tactic.

I'm saying VERY CLEARLY, that just the fact that something is human doesn't mean it has more value than something that is not. I'm using extreme examples to get you to see that. You do see it, which is why you're trying to obfuscate the point with this stupid tactic.
    You can argue that till your blue in the face but I wouldn't typically chose an animals life over a humans. People who would do the opposite is what's wrong with the world today, having no empathy towards your fellow man.

Deleted
    Disgusting excuse for a human, and those that defend him are equally disgusting.

Deleted
    People who would do the opposite is what's wrong with the world today, having no empathy towards your fellow man.
    So you want us to empathise with child killers and rapists just because they are the same species as us?

Da fuck??

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So you want us to empathise with child killers and rapists just because they are the same species as us?

Da fuck??
    Well someone can't follow a conversation

You can argue that till your blue in the face but I wouldn't typically chose an animals life over a humans. People who would do the opposite is what's wrong with the world today, having no empathy towards your fellow man.
    I wasn't arguing.

I was telling you straight up your moral system is ridiculous.

The turtle was clearly asking for it.
    I mean, just look at what it was wearing!
    And in that neighborhood?!

Well someone can't follow a conversation
    No, no, Quikbunny followed it just fine. That is the logical conclusion of your point. It sounds stupid but that's not that poster's fault, its yours.

I wasn't arguing.

I was telling you straight up your moral system is ridiculous.
    I think putting a animals life before a humans is a ridiculous moral system, guess are opinions differ and leave it at that

- - - Updated - - -

No, no, Quikbunny followed it just fine. That is the logical conclusion of your point. It sounds stupid but that's not that poster's fault, its yours.
    I guess you can't follow one either, I never said anything about a pedophile, it's you who brought that into the equation and I pointed out what a stupid argument that was, you keep moving the goal post.

I think putting a animals life before a humans is a ridiculous moral system, guess are opinions differ and leave it at that

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you can't follow one either, I never said anything about a pedophile, it's you who brought that into the equation and I pointed out what a stupid argument that was, you keep moving the goal post.
    You can't be this dense....so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and think you know your argument is stupid and you're trying to pretend you're confused.

You said you'd put a human's life before an animal's. You said in the post I just quoted in this post (its in bold, red and underlined so you can follow along). We are saying just because something is a human doesn't mean it automatically makes it more valuable than an animal. As an example, we've used pedophiles, Hitler, child murders, etc. to illustrate that it takes actions or character to give a human that kind of "value".

Your reaction to that very rational series of discussion....

Herp derp nope, nope, nope, never said pedophile you did, you did, herp derp.

You can't be this dense....so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and think you know your argument is stupid and you're trying to pretend you're confused.

You said you'd put a human's life before an animal's. You said in the post I just quoted in this post (its in bold, red and underlined so you can follow along). We are saying just because something is a human doesn't mean it automatically makes it more valuable than an animal. As an example, we've used pedophiles, Hitler, child murders, etc. to illustrate that it takes actions or character to give a human that kind of "value".

Your reaction to that very rational series of discussion....

Herp derp nope, nope, nope, never said pedophile you did, you did, herp derp.
    YOU are the one who brought up child molesters and Hitler, and I laughed at you saying next time I save a strangers life I will ask them if they are a pedophile or a Neo-Nazi

Is it really hard to grasp that understanding? Now you're confused, angry and resulting to insults, how sad.

YOU are the one who brought up child molesters and Hitler, and I laughed at you saying next time I save a strangers life I will ask them if they are a pedophile or a Neo-Nazi

Is it really hard to grasp that understanding? Now you're confused, angry and resulting to insults, how sad.
    I was wrong.....I overestimated you.

Deleted
    Well you're definitely making your point there, I think I would save a turtle over you
    The feeling's mutual

Jesus he bashes its head in.

You can't even look at a sea turtle these days without getting arrested, so this must be quite the stretch in jail for this guy.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department say they were able to identify the man with the help of social media and tips to the Crime Stoppers hotline. The individual in the video was cited for hunting non-game wildlife without a license and illegal dumping of the wildlife. A spokesperson for TPWD says the man claimed the turtle was a snapping turtle and he hit it in self-defense.
    Part of me wants to sympathize there. Snapping turtles can be vicious. And I doubt he intended to hook a turtle that would try to take his finger off when he went to remove the fish hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.