Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Why would they go after homemakers?

I think you missed the part in the OP's quote that mentioned, "a woman in Austin who found out from Circa that she and several of her friends in the Jewish community were on a list."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    What would you do differently if you knew? Buy a gun and be suspicious around anyone who looks like they're from the Middle East? That sounds safe. The last thing we need is more paranoid, gun-toting, racial-discriminating citizens.

Most people, even here in America, know that ISIS recruits in the U.S. are rarely Arab.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    It would be enough notice for those people to either dramatically alter their daily habits and/or leave their residence for safety sake. We put people under witness protection all the time when they're under threat of being assassinated for what they know or do but the FBI can't be bothered to notify these people so they can GTFO of dodge or take necessary precautions? Fucking bullshit but hey the FBI wouldn't get half of its funding without working off a Problem Reaction Solution paradigm, so go figure on the no call no shows.
    You know, if I was an ISIS member in charge of propaganda and fear spreading, that is exactly the reaction I would be looking for.

ISIS Guy with Access to the Internet: Hey, lets just do random samplings of phonebooks in the US of people in a few specific demographics and put their names on "hitlists". Throw a few important / high profile names on there too, just to increase the threat level. Then lets leak them all over the internet and watch the USA go insane.

Doesent even need to be a credible threat, the current American Culture of Fear will make it one, and the instant the public finds out about it, they then have the FBI dumping resources into thousands of wild goose chases while the public shits itself and ISIS laughs their asses off.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-06-28 at 02:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Show me where they are targeting Jews then.
    WHy not just look at the muslim caliphate that they're just jizzing to imitate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It was a comment about hypocrisy. Gun control was just the vessel. If the FBI is supposed to warn people on whatever the hell this "kill list" was, a list in which there is no evidence of intent, then the FBI should also be allowed to prevent the people suspected of being terrorists from obtaining the means of causing the execution of the "kill list".

"Hey, you're on a kill list. Oh, and they probably have an assault rifle. Good luck."
    This whole assault rifle thing is one of those things where somebody mentions it and then everybody pretends they've known about it for years despite just learning about it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Probably but why would you automatically think those people have legally owned guns?
    Because there is nothing legally preventing them from doing so. For example, the Orlando shooter bought his guns legally.

"I would like to buy this assault weapon please."
    "Are you a felon?"
    "Not yet."
    "Very well, sign here and we'll get you started."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You know, if I was an ISIS member in charge of propaganda and fear spreading, that is exactly the reaction I would be looking for.

ISIS Guy with Access to the Internet: Hey, lets just do random samplings of phonebooks in the US of people in a few specific demographics and put their names on "hitlists". Throw a few important / high profile names on there too, just to increase the threat level. Then lets leak them all over the internet and watch the USA go insane.

Doesent even need to be a credible threat, the current American Culture of Fear will make it one, and the instant the public finds out about it, they then have the FBI dumping resources into thousands of wild goose chases while the public shits itself and ISIS laughs their asses off.
    While a valid argument it doesn't excuse not telling people, since the 'wild goose chases' can involve a simple phone call or visit. It's not like the FBI can't find the average citizens' information in 5 seconds, between them and the NSA they scoop up enough private info every single day to have a pretty good idea where to find people.

The propaganda aspect is certainly an issue but law enforcement has to treat all threats as credible threats.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    I think you missed the part in the OP's quote that mentioned, "a woman in Austin who found out from Circa that she and several of her friends in the Jewish community were on a list."
    I saw that but what is Circa? Sure she's Jewish but what made her worth targeting? I guess that's why she spoke with anonym. I just don't get it. I wouldn't expect homemakers to change minds and hearts the way professors and public figures would.

Meh, I've been on God's kill list since the day I was born.

"Hey FBI! You should warn people when they're the target of a possible maybe secret terrorist hit list."
    "Fine. Should we also stop them from buying an assault weapon?"
    "Whoa whoa whoa! Let's not go nuts."
    Were can a non US citizen legally buy a gun, especially one part of ISIS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    leave it to mmo champion to have someone make an argument about gun control in a thread about the FBI not telling people something
    Exactly, 3rd post in strawmans already coming in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Were can a non US citizen legally buy a gun, especially one part of ISIS?
    Who said it had to be a non-US citizen? The last one sure was a citizen.

EDIT: Oh, but since you asked, since this. A non-US citizen can buy a gun without a lot of issue. I know, I was surprised too.

Also, the FBI watchlist doesn't seem to have must of a legal restriction on buying a gun -- especially if there was no background check, such as at a gun show.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-06-28 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    If i was on this kill list id be about as afraid as i am when i normally leave the house, you have a greater chance to be killed by a bear than a terrorist (idk if thats statistically true but i bet its close)
    On average more people die from trouser, bath or stair related accidents. Perhaps a war on trousers would get trump over the line...

Who said it had to be a non-US citizen? The last one sure was a citizen.
    Fair point, FBI dropped that ball on that one, multiple reports about how crazy he was from more than once source, FBI assumed they were all racist.

I do enjoy the ....whatever we will call it (irony maybe)of ....the FBI and law enforcement telling people to "if you see something ,say something" etc etc. However , they do not let you know if you are a bit more likely to have an issue...or are a NAMED target.
    Being unknowing bait for the FBI to lure out the "bad guys" ...the idea bothers me a little.
    Unless they are providing Secret Service protections to me and mine...not sure what good it would do to "know", so ...Kinda torn on this one.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-06-28 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Fair point, FBI dropped that ball on that one, multiple reports about how crazy he was from more than once source, FBI assumed they were all racist.
    Also, read editied post. Our ships crossed in the night just now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I do enjoy the ....whatever we will call it (irony maybe)of ....the FBI and law enforcement telling people to "if you see something ,say something" etc etc. However , they do not let you know if you are a bit more likely to have an issue...or are a NAMED target.
    There is a really big difference between "this is a list of people we'd like dead" vs. "this is a list of people we're actively working on killing right now." ISIS probably has hundreds of thousands of names of people they'd like dead around the world, but don't have the manpower or resources to have active plans against all of them.

It's a lot like the difference between "Benghazi is a bad place to be" versus "there is an attack coming, do something".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    On average more people die from trouser, bath or stair related accidents. Perhaps a war on trousers would get trump over the line...
    Aren't Trump's trousers made in Mexico? The wall will stop those evil, evil pants.