Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    There is a 0% chance that the upgrade chances are the same after every roll. The system will absolutely be 'rigged' to make sure those items actually appear on your screen in some fashion at some point in legion while keeping the chances too low to make 'farming' for insane Titanforgeds a realistic option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I like this change very much. Extends replayability of previous tiers and dungeons.
    If the chance is 10% then Titanforged has no effect. People were better off with live-version of Warforged.

Even the chance to get +15 ilvl (old WF~) is very small. Dunno why even work or implement such "features" if they literally have no effect. I wont be starting doing LFR or doing more dungeons than I need to progress to the next higher difficulty. LFR is still LFR and dungeons become depressingly boring so quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I like this change very much. Extends replayability of previous tiers and dungeons.
    The same thing also worked with Valor and fixed item stats. I would rather return back to this model of loot.

Honestly, if you need to help a guild mate to run content which is "outdated" for you, should it not be because of friendship, and not because you get a chance of some loot?

And people wonder why the community gets so bad.

As someone who used a Trinket from BRF cause they fucked the STR trinkets from HFC up for unholy.

I am fine with this 100% at least I have a .0001% chance a trinket next tier instead of zero.

"Hey everybody! Guess what???? Items can now Titanforge all the way up to iLevel 890! This means that you can do ANY content in Legion and be able to get this amazing gear! The reason we are doing this is to give motivation to do content beneath your iLevel so you always feel excited doing anything!"

"Chances of getting Titanforged anything are so infinitesimally small that "real raiders' shouldn't worry. It's just a half truth we tell other people to get them to keep running old, worn out, content."

Words, same mouth, different day.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Ohh boy, i can't wait to run some heroic dung everyday as much as i have time because a trinket with ideal stats/proc drops from there and if it procs in ilvl it's better than anything from mythic raids.
    Oh boy I can't wait to see more people complain about how they are forced to do things in a Videogame and have no self control in their lives,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    If the chance is 10% then Titanforged has no effect. People were better off with live-version of Warforged.

Even the chance to get +15 ilvl (old WF~) is very small. Dunno why even work or implement such "features" if they literally have no effect. I wont be starting doing LFR or doing more dungeons than I need to progress to the next higher difficulty. LFR is still LFR and dungeons become depressingly boring so quick.
    From the amount you fucking bitch and complain about anything I would assume you just wouldn't play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Ohh boy, i can't wait to run some heroic dung everyday as much as i have time because a trinket with ideal stats/proc drops from there and if it procs in ilvl it's better than anything from mythic raids.
    Did you read the part about how it procs and your chances of getting something proccing all the way up to mythic level? It's a great if you get that lucky, but I think folks are over estimating how often it's going to happen to that degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Did you read the part about how it procs and your chances of getting something proccing all the way up to mythic level? It's a great if you get that lucky, but I think folks are over estimating how often it's going to happen to that degree.
    And you don't think people will make it a requirement to have that item? You see people always asking for groups with iLevels that would outgear the content they want to do by a decent margin. With this, people will just start asking for "Decent Trinket that with 45+ iLevel Bonus is just broken" as requirement...

It's bad enough to "need" certain items to be competitive, now you need certain items with a minimal bonus roll. Great way to even the playing field for people with less time then others.

I suppose we now know why PvP gear was removed from vendors.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    And you don't think people will make it a requirement to have that item? You see people always asking for groups with iLevels that would outgear the content they want to do by a decent margin. With this, people will just start asking for "Decent Trinket that with 45+ iLevel Bonus is just broken" as requirement...
    You can ask for ilvl, you can't mandate people who don't run Mythic to have Mythic gear for your normal modes. You can't tell your raid team, go run Heroic Halls of valor until you get the perfect max level items for all your slots.

Will some people ask for silly things? Sure! they always have and always will. Are we going to see that be the norm, based on what we know about how rare it is to get such an upgrade? No will we not.

Deleted
    You can ask for ilvl, you can't mandate people who don't run Mythic to have Mythic gear for your normal modes. You can't tell your raid team, go run Heroic Halls of valor until you get the perfect max level items for all your slots.

Will some people ask for silly things? Sure! they always have and always will. Are we going to see that be the norm, based on what we know about how rare it is to get such an upgrade? No will we not.
    We don't know how rare these items will be, they avoided the numbers so we are in the dark about it.

I will be talking dungeons here.
    And your example is quite extreme, but take people who were gearing in heroic and now want to go mythic... a lot of group will require a iLevel that would be found in mythic mode itself or being lucky in heroic, because they want to get through it with ease. So either you farm your brains out in heroic or you find one of the rarer groups that take heroic ilevel people...

And when it comes to raiding, there will be trinkets that with a certain iLevel are "completely broken" for the difficulty they come from, so as time goes on people will demand that item to progress faster because they want to the more interesting stuff.

This system will screw people who join at a later date. So Legion might get the initial burst and then fall flat on it's face when people leave because they get tired of the treadmill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have seen no titanforged in the beta and I have been playing daily almost since the beta started. They are freakin rare. I think the coin flip on the example is more like a 5% chance.
    Other people on the beta got 3 of them while leveling... a good estimate could only be reached if thousands of players reported how many they got and with wich bonus. Then maybe we can estimate the chance of each upgrade.

I have seen no titanforged in the beta and I have been playing daily almost since the beta started. They are freakin rare. I think the coin flip on the example is more like a 5% chance.
    Its an RNG system, if anything your post may point out a flaw: for some people they will be swimming in gear. Others will get little to nothing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

We don't know how rare these items will be, they avoided the numbers so we are in the dark about it.

I will be talking dungeons here.
    And your example is quite extreme, but take people who were gearing in heroic and now want to go mythic... a lot of group will require a iLevel that would be found in mythic mode itself or being lucky in heroic, because they want to get through it with ease. So either you farm your brains out in heroic or you find one of the rarer groups that take heroic ilevel people...

This system will screw people who join at a later date. So Legion might get the initial burst and then fall flat on it's face when people leave because they get tired of the treadmill.
    I think the exmaple numbers they gave paint a pretty good picture of what to expect. You'll get some lucky +5, +10 levels somewhat easy, but to keep getting that next +5 will require more and more luck. To go from 830 to 895 means you need to get lucky 12 seperate times

I really don't see how folks can make "having a tiny chance at an awesome item drop" can be view as a negative. Again, yes "Some groups" will require retarded levels of gearing. But I'm telling you now, It will not be the norm. If you really want to run mythic and you put in the effort, You'll find groups and like always, if you're not guilded and no no experience it will be harder than someone who has less gear but can link achievement.

Deleted
    I think the exmaple numbers they gave paint a pretty good picture of what to expect. You'll get some lucky +5, +10 levels somewhat easy, but to keep getting that next +5 will require more and more luck. To go from 830 to 895 means you need to get lucky 12 seperate times

I really don't see how folks can make "having a tiny chance at an awesome item drop" can be view as a negative. Again, yes "Some groups" will require retarded levels of gearing. But I'm telling you now, It will not be the norm. If you really want to run mythic and you put in the effort, You'll find groups and like always, if you're not guilded and no no experience it will be harder than someone who has less gear but can link achievement.
    Because people like to have a goal. And that goal was Best in Slot Gear which is now impossible to get, so after finishing the raid once, I have no reason to keep playing since with the next tier there will be catch-up to give me the needed gear and I can go do the new raid and leave for the 4+ months it takes for the next one to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    The same thing also worked with Valor and fixed item stats. I would rather return back to this model of loot.

Honestly, if you need to help a guild mate to run content which is "outdated" for you, should it not be because of friendship, and not because you get a chance of some loot?

And people wonder why the community gets so bad.
    Gets so bad? That's how it's been since day one of launch. People have always and will always be more likely to help you out when it's something they want to do/they can get something out of it. That never changed. The only thing that's ever changed is the amount of people at a given time who want to do it too like at the beginning of an expansion vs the end. Guild's/friends made it easier sometimes but your nostalgia googles need to be removed if you think they were a perfect solution.

I'd rather do the content and actually enjoy the chance of getting something from the content than a fixed grind fest where you mindlessly zerg to complete valor rewarding activities. It gives me more chances for upgrades both before and after I'm "done" with the content.

Because people like to have a goal. And that goal was Best in Slot Gear which is now impossible to get, so after finishing the raid once, I have no reason to keep playing since with the next tier there will be catch-up to give me the needed gear and I can go do the new raid and leave for the 4+ months it takes for the next one to be released.
    I don't know about you but I wasn't a gigantic asshole who quit when I personally got my BiS. I kept raiding to help friends/guildmates get theirs. Sure the perfect 100% magical titanforged/socketed absolute pure BiS is impossible but getting BiS as far as the base piece is still perfectly attainable. And now unlike before once you have that you actually have a chance to still see an upgrade. Sounds more like you're just a douchebag who's mad an RPG has RNG but still gives you solid gear and doesn't give much of a shit about helping out his fellow raiders.

And with the exception of Vanilla and TBC ridiculous catch up mechanics have always been in WoW. Hell even TBC had catch up mechanics with the sunwell badge vendor which was insanely good gear for alts. If anything legion's toned down their stupidity a bit and while not fully committing at least incentives doing the old content concurrently if not sequentially.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-06-28 at 02:29 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Didn't they confirm that Warforged is no longer a thing, and that Titanforged was merely a title given to the item when it's bonus rolled 15+ iLevels?

Also, I don't see the issue. With bonus iLevels, Socket & Tertiary stats, there is almost always a reason to keep raiding to get better loot. It means you never are fully done with the loot from a boss, but you're always able to keep improving.

I like the idea, I like the concept and I think it's more fun than knowing you're finished with a boss, there are no improvements to be had from clearing the first ~3 bosses, outside of course any tier tokens.

Their numbers are most certainly extremely inflated. There is no way that the chance for +5ilvl is higher than 10%
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's different for quest rewards vs drops, given you're going to get a LOT of quest rewards to begin with. It needs to be lower to keep it rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Gets so bad? That's how it's been since day one of launch. People have always and will always be more likely to help you out when it's something they want to do/they can get something out of it. That never changed. The only thing that's ever changed is the amount of people at a given time who want to do it too like at the beginning of an expansion vs the end. Guild's/friends made it easier sometimes but your nostalgia googles need to be removed if you think they were a perfect solution.

I'd rather do the content and actually enjoy the chance of getting something from the content than a fixed grind fest where you mindlessly zerg to complete valor rewarding activities. It gives me more chances for upgrades both before and after I'm "done" with the content.
    You like skinner box.

That is fine but the rest of use have some dignity left and we don't accept this being part of the game experience because it is cancerous.