Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I left my parents home at 15 and got my own place. I would suggest finding a job, then a room for rent, and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    How old are you? I'm guessing under 18. If you are under 18 you are stuck unless you get a judge declaring you independant because your parents are responsible for you until you are 18. If over 18 your dad can't really say shit can he? So, I would suck it up and deal with it as running away from problems isn't really going to help you out anyway.
    22 years, and really it's not so much about running away as it's about moving on. If I or anyone want to move on in life there shouldn't be anything holding them back, especially your own family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    I left my parents home at 15 and got my own place. I would suggest finding a job, then a room for rent, and go from there
    Denmark is good with the welfare stuff so I would first get a place and then get a job. it would be a lot less stressful for me that way.

Stop asking for money then, get a job and then they wont have any right to say anything. You wanna do what you like and not give anything back? To me you sound like a spoiled kid that's now angry when the things are not going the way he wants. Your happiness and hobbies? What about them? When I wanted to go skydiving my father told me i'm not paying for that, when I wanted to go and learn how to dive he told me the same thing. Why should any parent be a cash machine for their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Which is why he did not give the full story. He did not explain the full story. Thus, it is best for him to visit a psychiatrist because they can tell you what they can analyze His & his family behavior.

I used to have problems in the past and used to visit a psychiatrist on a monthly basis. Made me thing rationally and understand different opinions.
    Funny because I went there on my dad's suggestion because I am 22 and I ran away like a 15 year old. But after him and my brother say i am sick I decided to lie about being "healthy" them and go on my second visit without them knowing. I didn't give the full story because I wanted to know about any means to keep them of my back when I move out and that's practically my entire life.

How old are you?
    Are they hostile towards you, or are they trying to guide you?
    Can't you live with your mother?
    Is your father seriously bipolar, or are you just saying that to make a point?
    What will you do for money?
    Where will you stay?

I think you have bigger concerns than hiding from your family. You have to live, eat and build a future for yourself as well. I'm sorry to hear that you're in this shitty situation.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    Denmark is good with the welfare stuff so I would first get a place and then get a job. it would be a lot less stressful for me that way.
    Few people have the luck to live in a country that will actually help you. Just... go. Move to another city if you have to. Your house, your rules, no need to give them the adress even. Change your phone if you must. Bipolar or not, after you move out of the toxic relation and get some distance between you, you can always hope he won't really chase after you. Whereas when you're at home with him he has you right there on hand to relieve his frustrations on you.

So just apply for the social, get a place, move, do your thing.

Fuck you dad, my name is ONYX now

respect my pronouns

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Stop asking for money then, get a job and then they wont have any right to say anything. You wanna do what you like and not give anything back? To me you sound like a spoiled kid that's now angry when the things are not going the way he wants. Your happiness and hobbies? What about them? When I wanted to go skydiving my father told me i'm not paying for that, when I wanted to go and learn how to dive he told me the same thing. Why should any parent be a cash machine for their children.
    True, because that is one of the other reason why I want to leave. I have had people screwing with my life and treating me like a big baby and when demand i behave like an adult so that is why i am leaving. Also they think that giving money is love and that is fucking retarded. it's a means to an end and really the thing I am doing is to save up so I can get out.

And yes on some level I have been spoiled and that is something that I want to get rid of but on the flipside, is it really being spoiled when you have to deal with emotional abuse or fear of setting someone off for it, also the only reason my dad does give money is because he is a paranoid fuck that fear the things people will say behind back, so i'd rather be on my own and face real hardship than to be a big baby for the rest of my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Few people have the luck to live in a country that will actually help you. Just... go. Move to another city if you have to. Your house, your rules, no need to give them the adress even. Change your phone if you must. Bipolar or not, after you move out of the toxic relation and get some distance between you, you can always hope he won't really chase after you. Whereas when you're at home with him he has you right there on hand to relieve his frustrations on you.

So just apply for the social, get a place, move, do your thing.
    true that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Fuck you dad, my name is ONYX now

respect my pronouns
    Ahahaha. But i have considered changing my name as well.

Hey all. I rarely do or want to talk about my problems as we all have them. But recently because I have to deal with bullshit from my dad and I am planning on leaving his place because all of the fighting I have with him and my brother is total and utter bullshit. I have done my own crap in the past, like failing my school tests and being a lazy asshole with an Know-it-all attitude, but now I want to move on but I don't want them to know I am leaving because they are control freaks and I frankly don't know my way around the world but it's a risk I need to take because if I don't, I will be stuck in the same loop the rest of my life.

I am sick and tired of hearing the same bull about this, and that. to hear about my failures. I want get on with my own life and make amends for my mistakes and be a better person. However my concern is not so much about leaving. it's more about how to stop my family to prevent me from leaving because My dad is a bipolar asshole that likes to threaten with court cases and calling the police so I was planning on telling the cops that after I leave to stop him from finding me. Because he is stuck in the past about the divorce from my mother and other shit I can't focus on doing my own work and I just want to turn over a new leaf in my life and be happy.

Anyone got suggestions on how to deal with this?
    Bold sounds like you're still a pompous know it all. Are you old enough to sign a lease and do you have an income as well as savings? If you're failing at life under the care of your family, you'll fail worse without them. How much do you do for yourself now? Do you know how to cook, clean, grocery shop, or do laundry? Are you in school too? Will you quit school and hire a nanny for yourself with no money? Will you, a grown person, sit and sleep on stylish cardboard boxes and watch a nonexistent tv on the wall, or steal the furniture and appliances from your bedroom because you mistakenly thought you own your stuff? This doesn't sound like a send off where they'll set you up. You sound like you're too good for them but not too good for their things.

You can't blame your father's bipolarity if your brother has problems with you too. The problem may be with you. Anyone asking this stuff on a gaming forum is too immature to move out.

No disrespect, but you really need to find another place to get support on this. MMO-Champion is a great place to talk WoW or other bullshit, but not a place to go in order to get info to make hard life choices. Your situation likely requires more experienced and thoughtful help than you'll find here.

True, because that is one of the other reason why I want to leave. I have had people screwing with my life and treating me like a big baby and when demand i behave like an adult so that is why i am leaving. Also they think that giving money is love and that is fucking retarded. it's a means to an end and really the thing I am doing is to save up so I can get out.

And yes on some level I have been spoiled and that is something that I want to get rid of but on the flipside, is it really being spoiled when you have to deal with emotional abuse or fear of setting someone off for it, also the only reason my dad does give money is because he is a paranoid fuck that fear the things people will say behind back, so i'd rather be on my own and face real hardship than to be a big baby for the rest of my life.
    Giving money is buying an affection and that is what they thought you, that's in not bad when you are young - pre puberty kid but when you get older and start to form your own opinion, well then it becomes a problem.

If you wanna get rid of that going into ":real" world will fix it but not fast enough because you would still lack discipline especially if you are in country that has good welfare system. Someone mentioned military - that is not a bad choice because you will learn how to help other ( people from your regiment ) and how to depend on them as well. You will learn how to follow orders and keep your mouth shout even if you know you are right. In life there's always going to be someone "above" you, atm that someone is your father, you need to learn how do accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    How old are you?
    Are they hostile towards you, or are they trying to guide you?
    Can't you live with your mother?
    Is your father seriously bipolar, or are you just saying that to make a point?
    What will you do for money?
    Where will you stay?

I think you have bigger concerns than hiding from your family. You have to live, eat and build a future for yourself as well. I'm sorry to hear that you're in this shitty situation.
    True. My mother is lazy bitch and i had problems with her boyfriend as well. the issue is that I have both struggled because of unhappiness/depression and being a lazy asshole that talk big but does nothing which has been one of the core reasons for this bullshit. at first my family tried to guide me but after having to hear the same shit different day when I have realised my fuck ups and wanting to move on as well as trying to be nice to them because i behaved immaturely I realise they are drunk on their own bullshit. And to be honest there IS something seriously wrong with my dad, but it has not been diagnosed and trying to tell him is just going to trigger him(heh).

but for the time being getting myself a place to stay will be my number on priority and after that can I worry about getting a part-time job. because of the system in denmark, since I am studying I can get place but the worry about building a future for myself is EXACTLY why i am leaving them.

1) find a job
    2) save up a few grand
    3) find a potential roomie
    4) leave for work and never come back.

The only person who can tell you how / what to do is yourself though, don't let anyone change your mind one way or another. At the end of the day only you know what's best for yourself.

I will leave with this though, don't leave without a job. All that's doing is setting yourself up to being homeless and crawling back. You don't want to give them more ammo now do you?
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Giving money is buying an affection and that is what they thought you, that's in not bad when you are young - pre puberty kid but when you get older and start to form your own opinion, well then it becomes a problem.

If you wanna get rid of that going into ":real" world will fix it but not fast enough because you would still lack discipline especially if you are in country that has good welfare system. Someone mentioned military - that is not a bad choice because you will learn how to help other ( people from your regiment ) and how to depend on them as well. You will learn how to follow orders and keep your mouth shout even if you know you are right. In life there's always going to be someone "above" you, atm that someone is your father, you need to learn how do accept that.
    True, the issue is then they are not disciplined themselves. Discipline has been one of my issues and I am trying to get some order in my life but as much as I would like to do things on my own I still accept that I might need some help with it, but I mention because of my eczema I didn't get conscripted into the army so I don't know were else, maybe some Martial art's school because I wanted to learn so of that.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Find a place, slowly move items out. then make one big move, leaving a note. im gone, dont look for me, im grownup. if they find you, call the cops.
    If he's a grown and independent man who hates his dad so much, he shouldn't be stealing daddy's bed, dressers, computer, tv, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    1) find a job
    2) save up a few grand
    3) find a potential roomie
    4) leave for work and never come back.

The only person who can tell you how / what to do is yourself though, don't let anyone change your mind one way or another. At the end of the day only you know what's best for yourself.

I will leave with this though, don't leave without a job. All that's doing is setting yourself up to being homeless and crawling back. You don't want to give them more ammo now do you?
    Fair enough and thanks for the posts(everyone included). But i am worried that I am really on the knifes edge here, so getting the fuck out and getting stable outside the home is really my only choice right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I remember my first beer......

But seriously, put on the big boy pants and move out. You need to focus on your own happiness and from the sounds of it, sanity.
    exactly, I have been a pussy boy for too long and I need to take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Not every country dumps their citizens on streets if they don't have a job. In some countries peoples lives are valued beyond what they can do to increase corporate profits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well, you won't get far without a job.

To leave home you need to be realistic in your approach. Without any income, you will not be able to afford rent, bills (such as power and water), petrol (if you have a car), food. Sure it can be desirable to leave this instant but doing so without being setup correctly will just result in you crashing and burning pretty fast.

Deleted
    They keep you on a leash because you aren't autonomous.

I don't use this lightly, but you really need to man/woman up.

/peace

22 years, and really it's not so much about running away as it's about moving on. If I or anyone want to move on in life there shouldn't be anything holding them back, especially your own family.

- - - Updated - - -

22 is too old to live at home especially if you are unhappy there.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.