Legion alt friendly?

for anyone on beta, is there anything "alt friendly" about this expansion?

everything I keep seeing and reading, seems to be pushing everyone into ONLY one main character.

or more specifically, discouraging people from trying to maintain many chars. Discouraging in terms of time commitment.

I really wish there were more shared resources between chars on the same account.

blood of sargeras - BOP
    Artifact Power - BOP
    Profession items - BOP once upgraded

Other than gold there doesn't seem to be much incentive to play multiple characters?

Sad, for those of us that have 8-10 max level characters.

Deleted
    It's "alt friendly" in the sense that every class has a slightly different experience, you don't have to use the same leveling path multiple times. If you believe "alt friendly" means that it's easy and rewarding to have 12 max level chars, then it's not.

Playing multiple chars is more of a time commitment than before but there's no real benefit to it outside of raiding and having more professions. Personally I'm glad that there won't be a need to make extra chars that I'm not going to play, just for the sake of having more garrisons.

Totally depends on what you are aiming for with ''alt friendly'' and how much time you have to play. For someone that has little time to play and still wants to compete in pvp or clear heroic-mythic raids, Legion is far from alt friendly. If you are just aiming for some dungeons and other stuffs, you can get by with just leveling to 110 and not focussing to much on artifacts etc.

For hardcore peeps or those without jobs/ tons of free time, it wont be that bad. You can get your character to lvl 110 fairly fast, have artifact research building on all of them/setting some class order missions for a little artifact power and run world quest that give good rewards, when lfr is released that helps with alts being able to get decent items.

The main thing is artifact power and I'm not sure how the artifact research will work on live compared to beta, at which speed you will obtain it etc. But right now after 1 week of being 110, it takes like 1 hour to get as much power as it would in 5 hours on the first day. Depending on how it will all work out on live, I think that someone who really wants to play multiple chars can do so just like in WoD.

ya, my main goal is to have 5-8 chars funneling items to a main raid char. Kind of like maintaining my own guild.

I dont even really need artifact weapons on all the chars, I simply want all the crafting recipes etc

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    ya, my main goal is to have 5-8 chars funneling items to a main raid char. Kind of like maintaining my own guild.

I don't even really need artifact weapons on all the chars, I simply want all the crafting recipes etc
    It's not alt friendly. If you have a main raiding toon, any time spent not on that character will feel like your are missing out on its progression.

Much of the crafting patterns rely on achieving revered or higher reputation with various factions and this is not account bound. Once flying is enabled, having gathering alts will be viable.

Crafting is pretty lame anyway... it's a shame.. the changes they made were really interesting and fun... but he actual items are crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think unlike the garrison missions of WoD in Legion your alts will have to go out and farm mission supplies from daily quests in the world so that they can level up their weapons, I see me doing this because no matter how much daily they put up I am done in few hours and can work on my alts leveling then setting up missions

Deleted
    Alt friendly ? lol its not even second / third spec friendly...