Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Why would there be a diving board if you're not allowed to dive? that makes no sense at all.
    Some use them for canon balls or just jumping off.

And yes, it is stupid.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The ad is trying to be diverse, you know the lily white people are white, and the black person is black, but the person in between the people who make up 20% of this country you think are simply not represented at all as the tan person? Are you fucking serious or just oblivious?

- - - Updated - - -

Are we going to play dumb about the poster and just pretend that they weren't trying to be diverse, and that the tan people they included aren't standing in for 20% of the population?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about you there are tan white people. It's about what the poster is trying to show

This is as stupid as seeing an asian looking person in a multicultural poster and then saying "how do you know they're not white, Bjork looks kind of asian."
    The poster is showing the rights and wrongs of pool safety. You are looking for a racial shit storm to match your own racist views.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    All you see is what you want to see, you are probably the most racist poster on these forums...and we have some Stormfront posters on here.
    Uh huh... i just see what I want to see. I mean maybe the white people aren't even white, maybe they're all just albinos with dyed hair right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    The poster is showing the rights and wrongs of pool safety. You are looking for a racial shit storm to match your own racist views.
    How would my view be racist?

The only cool kids are "white" and the only not cool kids all are black or mysteriously brown or tan but no wait they could be white too right because that's totally what they were going for. The poster wanted to show the diversity of white people, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They apologized, and are fixing the image. I'm sure they weren't the ones creating the image, but they should have had a keener eye when it came to approving the image.

It's fine, because they're fixing it, so let's move on.
    Them "fixing" it is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Why would there be a diving board if you're not allowed to dive? that makes no sense at all.
    The issue is with diving head first. If the pool isn't deep enough you could crack your skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is racist, everything is sexist because the world has gone fucking mental.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

So only black and latinos. Like the two "not cool kids" one looks black the other latino. Literally only the black and latino ones are "not cool"
    Naw that kid is Asian.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Uh huh... i just see what I want to see. I mean maybe the white people aren't even white, maybe they're all just albinos with dyed hair right?

- - - Updated - - -

How would my view be racist?

The only cool kids are "white" and the only not cool kids all are black or mysteriously brown or tan but no wait they could be white too right because that's totally what they were going for. The poster wanted to show the diversity of white people, right?
    So saying someone is not cool if they have a tan is racist.

Not so much racist as a bit unfortunate when viewed in that light.

So you fix it, say oops and move on.

And the internet wages another culture war over it, because oh no the "r" word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So saying someone is not cool if they have a tan is racist.
    No no no, don't you get it, white people can't get tans.
    They can't have black hair either, or wear sunglasses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Just never go to a public pool full of children. Especially not after watching the South park episode about the waterpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Them "fixing" it is the problem.
    Well, I think them "fixing" it is sending it back to the creatives who made it, and making them adjust the children so it's not just the non-white people doing not-cool things. I think that's totally fine to fix the poster. It's not fine how it was released in the first place, but by fixing it they're correcting the error. Again, they should have caught that mistake before it was released, but whoever created the poster should be at fault. I wouldn't be surprised if Red Cross finds a new agency.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    As already mentioned 2 white's got the red "not cool" arrow, I guess it was racist because none of the blacks got the green "cool" arrow above their heads, just the white girl and the father/son. Pretty ridiculous either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Naw that kid is Asian.
    He could be either, being so tan he looks filipino, or mexican like from the Yucatan area or peruvian, any latino with a heavy dose of native blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    As already mentioned 2 white's got the red "not cool" arrow, I guess it was racist because none of the blacks got the green "cool" arrow above their heads, just the white girl and the father/son. Pretty ridiculous either way.
    Waht fucking two white people?!

Why are people who are trying to make excuses for this poster, making latino and tan looking latino or asians (it's a toss up) into white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Here's a fun theory for you. Maybe the racist shitheels at the Red Cross added a lot of black people recklessly to the poster to preemptively ward off people like you, that look for racism in everything, making accusations of not representing blacks enough? Or maybe, just maybe, they didn't notice the color. Because skin color doesn't matter, right?
    #1 I don't go looking for racism, if someone didn't point it out, I would have to stare at the poster for a while before I saw a possible bias

#2 You act like this has never happen in the history of the US. Minorities portrayed in a negative way, because that's how someone viewed them. What also isn't new, is whites acting like there is nothing wrong with something that is blatantly bias.

Again, since you clearly missed my other posts, I don't find this poster blatantly bias, It's got a bias slant, maybe a Freudian slip on the part of the artists. I'm not calling for heads to roll. What's the harm of them cleaning it up a little?

10+ Year Old Account
    The blonde haired girl on the left has the same skin tone as the boy running top left, but apparently one is latino and one is white based on skin tone - your own argument defeats you argument.

You are desperately trying to see something in a poster that is not there in order to justify your racial hatred of white people. You are such a racist that you even managed to blame white people for convicting an ethnic minority policeman who illegally shot an ethnic minority.

Cue the "I am not a racist, I have white friends/relatives" retort.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    No no no, don't you get it, white people can't get tans.
    They can't have black hair either, or wear sunglasses

In this poster do you truly think the tan people are suppose to be just white people with tans?

In this poster they made all the white people have very light hair to make the distinction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The blonde haired girl on the left has the same skin tone as the boy running top right, but apparently one is latino and one is white based on skin tone - your own argument defeats you argument.

You are desperately trying to see something in a poster that is not there in order to justify your racial hatred of white people. You are such a racist that you even managed to blame white people for convicting an ethnic minority policeman who illegally shot an ethnic minority.

Cue the "I am not a racist, I have white friends/relatives" retort.
    No she does not, take a fucking eye dropper, the boy up top is darker.

Also notice because she is white like all the whites in the photo SHE HAS LIGHT HAIR

Desperately? Well lots of people here see it, and lots of people see it and the red cross saw it, so maybe you should just shove your stupidity back up inside you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this poster they made all the white people have very light hair to make the distinction.
    it is like a pool Hitler would approve of? no. clearly not. It is a poster that should not exist.
    Hi

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    No she does not, take a fucking eye dropper, the boy up top is darker.

Also notice because she is white like all the whites in the photo SHE HAS LIGHT HAIR

Desperately? Well lots of people here see it, and lots of people see it and the red cross saw it, so maybe you should just shove your stupidity back up inside you.
    Some white people have dark hair, have you never met any white people before? Holy fuck, I have never heard anyone claim that white people cannot have black hair!

The way you try to justify your virulent racism is astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it is like a pool Hitler would approve of? no. clearly not. It is a poster that should not exist.
    According to Themius, Hitler would have been latino in that poster.

I don't know who's more stupid, the person who reported it for being racists or people who are agreeing with them.