Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    The West's violence has a silver lining for the west: Oil, and strategic military locations.

The Islamic extremist violence also has a silver lining: Killing "evil people" in the West.

Beyond that, neither side's objectives are noble, and neither side are engaging in violence for altruistic reasons. It's selfish betterment, plain and simple.
    Yes, except that's not a silver lining there. Muzzies just want to make their countries more of a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Sounds like a battle of civilizations. We're ready for it.
    Hopefully Civ 4 or 6 rules apply, not 5. 5 sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've been saying this for awhile. Military action keeps inflaming Muslim countries, killing thousands and spreading anarchy, ruin, and tyrants and then people act shocked and outraged when they fight back at the west while victims of the wars pour into non warring countries.
    Yeah, when the US helped Osama fend off Russians then he turned around and did 9/11, it was all our fault that started this mess, we should have just let Russia take them over, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah, when the US helped Osama fend off Russians then he turned around and did 9/11, it was all our fault that started this mess, we should have just let Russia take them over, problem solved.
    Osama did 9/11?

Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Osama did 9/11?

Lmao.
    Yes, and we landed on the moon too.

Deleted
    Yes, and we landed on the moon too.
    What has the moon landing got to do with anything?

You do realize in order for planes to hit WTC all US flight controls, radars and air defense mechanisms had to stop woring for the day? 9/11 was impossible whitout government involvement. This is a fact. Also if you invaded Iraq because of 9/11 why did recently US senate allow 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia?

What has the moon landing got to do with anything?

You do realize in order for planes to hit WTC all US flight controls, radars and air defense mechanisms had to stop woring for the day? 9/11 was impossible whitout government involvement. This is a fact. Also if you invaded Iraq because of 9/11 why did recently US senate allow 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia?

I am just mocking the conspiracy theory you're posting, sorry you didn't get it in the first place.

And ever since we got involved, many of them have found a common enemy in the west. Let's be honest, many of the terror attacks of the last 30 years wouldn't have happened without our involvement in middle east politics.
    This game is a logical fallacy. If we are responsible for their actions, who is responsible for our actions?

Deleted
    I am just mocking the conspiracy theory you're posting, sorry you didn't get it in the first place.
    Do you feel smart when you dismiss people with a meaningless one-liner? You haven't even answered my question. If Iraq was involved why can people sue Saudi Arabia now? Even the official 9/11 comission pointed out that the government is witholding crucial information. Why would they do that if they were 100% innocent?

Read this: http://911truthnews.com/the-facts-speak-for-themselves/

US government was fully aware 9/11 is going to happen, and they wanted it to happen. This is an undisputable fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you feel smart when you dismiss people with a meaningless one-liner? You haven't even answered my question. If Iraq was involved why can people sue Saudi Arabia now? Even the official 9/11 comission pointed out that the government is witholding crucial information. Why would they do that if they were 100% innocent?

Read this: http://911truthnews.com/the-facts-speak-for-themselves/

US government was fully aware 9/11 is going to happen, and they wanted it to happen. This is an undisputable fact.
    Did Obama plan the Orlando gay massacre?

7+ Year Old Account
    It is the right time to break the Old World Order and to establish the New World Order, based on cooperation, science and technological progress.

Britain ones again on the front line. America will follow soon.

Guess on which side is Trump?
    It fails to mention Hillary. She is even more status quo than Trump.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-28 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    I've been saying this for awhile. Military action keeps inflaming Muslim countries, killing thousands and spreading anarchy, ruin, and tyrants and then people act shocked and outraged when they fight back at the west while victims of the wars pour into non warring countries.
    Fair enough, but no need to let any of them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say anything about Iraq's involvement. Are you litteraly asking why government would withhold government information, until government requested it? Yes, going to war with Iraq was a load of bullshit, but so is your assertion that government was involved in 9/11.

Only if you don't know the meaning of fact.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    British referendum revealed the enemies. Older, poorer, less educated, racist, fascist, homophobic - you name it.

It is the right time to break the Old World Order and to establish the New World Order, based on cooperation, science and technological progress.

Britain ones again on the front line. America will follow soon.
    I would say do so at your own peril, these wouldn't be the first people to think they were ushering in "the New Man."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Hillary is the status quo, but she does not seem to oppose tech, and infact uses tech she has not gotten permission to use. :P
    There is two parts to this, national investment and personal/ideological views. National investment in furthering science is what brings breakthroughs. Such as specific NSF funding, DoE labs, NASA research facilities, university collaborations, and maybe most importantly making sure the private market is competitive and hungry for innovation.

What doesn't matter is when political views do not significantly effect the above. So if creationists don't believe in evolution or if Hillary and Trump don't like smartphones and new tech, it doesn't mean anything in regards to big picture science advancements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Fair enough, but no need to let any of them in.
    Apparently he doesn't understand that simultaneously validating their grievances and inviting them in is a bad combo for furthering liberalism.

Sanders told his supporters to back Hillary, who is the ultimate globalist powermonger. He is a phony who conned a lot of ignorant, pie-in-the-sky college kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    We have gone through a few of these already. The Renaissance being the one, historically, I liked the most, as well as the Age of Enlightenment.

As opposed to say, the "Dark Ages".

From my point of view:

I am a Cosmists, but I do not think there will be a war.

I think people will acclimate into the world view over time. The older generation will die out. And the generation that grew up with an iPhone/iPad glued to their hands will replace them. These people are more apt to upgrade to better technology as it comes out.

No need to have a war, or violence, this is just natural cultural evolution/change.
    The Renaissance? Ah, the age when Witch Burning, the War of Religion, the 30 years war, the English Civil War and all the horrors that came with them were made possible.

Or the Dark Age, the age when the life of peasants went up by three or so years on average, when there was comparably less war than the age before? Hint, its only called the "Dark Age," because Italians thought it lacked good poetry and cities were not much of a thing.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump wants to "take America back" to the 1950's seemingly, because for some reason a lot of republicans have rose colored glasses on about that era. The only thing I actually support Trump on, is upgrading our infrastructure, and I wish Clinton would speak more about that.
    Aside from economic changes like manufacturing, I think a big part of the rose colored glasses is due to media. There were many poor people and huge inequalities back then, but it wasn't really allowed into mainstream conversation and media. They were largely swept under the rug. Which now, with superior information at our fingertips, gives the false impression that it is getting much worse.

The real problem is that people that have been left behind in this economy have not adapted quickly enough, and taken responsibility in upgrading their skills. Republicans used to talk a good game about "personal responsibility" Trump seems to have ignored/forgotten that part of Conservatism.
    Personal responsibility used to make more sense a long time ago in a physical sense. There was less people and more undeveloped land that could be made productive through hard work. But that has all changed now. The new personal responsibility will have to be mental/intellectual. For example, if you are poor don't play internet games all day, take MOOCs and online courses.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-28 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Isn't the author Glen Greenwald the guy who hates America?
    Glenn Greenwald is profoundly anti-American, mostly because Gay Marriage was illegal here. It drove him entirely off the deep end.

You wanna see Crazy? Read the pre-Snowden shit he wrote in the Guardian. Greenwald's been a extremist for years. It's not principled with him. It's personal.

He and Seamus Milne, another far left sociopath who wrote for the Guardian and now is Jeremy Corbyn's strategy director (of all things and it really does explain a lot) used to compete for the most click-baity anti-American / anti-Capitalist opinion pieces at Guardian CIF.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-06-28 at 06:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are winners and losers in each of these eras. That is how nature tends to work. When we win, nature losses(Global Warming, for instance), when nature wins, we lose(Disease, natural disasters). There is always a give and take.
    We are of course discussing peoples lives, throwing people to the moloch to make a dream come true, as long as your conscious can handle it, I guess, but how long until its you they cast to the fire?