Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    I have to agree, it is kinda sad that all the praise that SP gets for having really good damage is usually just because of StM, and without it the damage would not even be close. The talent as a bandaid fix our otherwise rather low damage is not a good thing, especially since you can only really use it in a raid, because in solo questing it would be kind of silly to use and corpse walk every couple minutes and in pvp your goal is to stay alive and not to just die after bursting one person to the ground.
    Honestly, I'm surprised that StM has not been nerfed directly rather than all of these external nerfs. I mean the lvl 100 talent tier is way too heavily weighted towards it. Making LotV make the explosion instant would be enough I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    It is so uncomfortable to cast voidform and it feels pain.
    You can still get instant voidform with a pvp talent at least

Deleted
    I think the reason it isn't nerfed yet directly is because they REALLY want to get this out on live realms and let players have fun with it. It truly is an amazing talent if put in the right hands, but it's just a shame that it just outshines the other 2 talents so much as to make them kinda...well, useless, really. LotV has its perks but...it's just not StM.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    I have to agree, it is kinda sad that all the praise that SP gets for having really good damage is usually just because of StM, and without it the damage would not even be close. The talent as a bandaid fix our otherwise rather low damage is not a good thing, especially since you can only really use it in a raid, because in solo questing it would be kind of silly to use and corpse walk every couple minutes and in pvp your goal is to stay alive and not to just die after bursting one person to the ground.
    I do not think that the idea that shadow priest dps is bad without surrender to madness is supported anywhere actually. I think you are mistaking "surrender to madness is really strong" with "we are only viable with surrender to madness". Trying to pin down where shadow priests are at this point is difficult/impossible, and even if you could tuning can flip it on its head every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised that StM has not been nerfed directly rather than all of these external nerfs. I mean the lvl 100 talent tier is way too heavily weighted towards it. Making LotV make the explosion instant would be enough I think.
    I'm guessing that these nerfs/buffs aren't as centered around surrender to madness as you think.

I would like instant void eruption on LoTV. I think that's a good idea. (Or just make it instant in the first place plz)
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-06-28 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void Lord should've stayed as a passive mechanic for VF. The constant haste feels so good in pvp but Reaper of souls is definitely powerful. Not specced into VoidLord and you constantly go up and down in cast speeds which feels counter productive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Void Lord should've stayed as a passive mechanic for VF. The constant haste feels so good in pvp but Reaper of souls is definitely powerful. Not specced into VoidLord and you constantly go up and down in cast speeds which feels counter productive.
    I couldn't agree more with you!!!!!!

I'm glad they at least gave us some insanity on shadow word death baseline. The scenario you described here plus no insanity on shadow word death felt god awful. At least now reaper of souls doesn't feel mandatory like it did back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I'm glad they at least gave us some insanity on shadow word death baseline. The scenario you described here plus no insanity on shadow word death felt god awful. At least now reaper of souls doesn't feel mandatory like it did back then.
    It may be a bit better with the addition of insanity gain baseline but having that extra burst at 35% instead of 20% is serious business.

The back and forth in cast speed doesn't feel attractive though. And that goes for both pvp and pve. If Void Lord was baseline like it was initially our secondary stats can actually fluctuate to something else rather than haste.

My opinion is mostly towards how void lord feels so much smoother after the first VF but the kill potential isnt there as it is with reaper. Reaper is def my default atm.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    I'll upload more snippets today I think. The longer the try took, the more probable it was for me to be on the top. This was already a trend in previous raid testings. Granted, Mythic Dungeons are different, as bosses simply don't live long enough for me to ramp-up enough damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said they're not gaining anything? Their playstyle is simply not as exponential as ours. A DH has like 5 spells. What the F*** is he supposed to gain that lets him change his damage so exponencially?

A BM Hunter has like...what, 3 spells? There's not much room for fluctiation in there in my opinion, so IN COMPARISON to a shadow priest, the amount of awesomeness those classes gain in the times to come gets dwarfed by what we could gain...potentially - if Blizz plays their cards right
    The fact that a BM hunter can perform that well with three spells, while Shadow Priests need to be the reincarnation of a 16 year old Starcraft prodigy with carbon fiber wrist bones, does not speak to great and awe inspiring design for either specialization.

I still rather miss the days when Shadow was about plate spinning and gaming short buffs, not frantically beating on the keyboard like a chimp with ADHD to try and eke out one more Mind Blast/Void Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Remember when everyone in the alpha forums complained that StM was a stupid talent and should be removed and they turned around and said it was amazing and we didn't know what we were talking about? It wasn't too long after that LotV changed from "Casting Mind Blast increases the damage dealt by your next Shadow Word by 50%, stacking up to 2 times" to what it is now. Back then LotV was the default choice as MSp was still a joke and people said StM couldn't possibly compete and make up all that extra damage from the entire fight in a 1-2 minute window at the end of it. Now LotV loses its usefulness after the first or second cycle into voidform and StM now allows spells to be cast while moving in voidform. It's almost like they made sure the other two talents were significantly weaker so we'd have to take their special snowflake talent

It may be a bit better with the addition of insanity gain baseline but having that extra burst at 35% instead of 20% is serious business.

The back and forth in cast speed doesn't feel attractive though. And that goes for both pvp and pve. If Void Lord was baseline like it was initially our secondary stats can actually fluctuate to something else rather than haste.

My opinion is mostly towards how void lord feels so much smoother after the first VF but the kill potential isnt there as it is with reaper. Reaper is def my default atm.

That is true. I like the feel of void lord, but I love the raw damage of reaper. I always seem to fall back towards reaper + twist in the end for that great combination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Remember when everyone in the alpha forums complained that StM was a stupid talent and should be removed and they turned around and said it was amazing and we didn't know what we were talking about? It wasn't too long after that LotV changed from "Casting Mind Blast increases the damage dealt by your next Shadow Word by 50%, stacking up to 2 times" to what it is now. Back then LotV was the default choice as MSp was still a joke and people said StM couldn't possibly compete and make up all that extra damage from the entire fight in a 1-2 minute window at the end of it. Now LotV loses its usefulness after the first or second cycle into voidform and StM now allows spells to be cast while moving in voidform. It's almost like they made sure the other two talents were significantly weaker so we'd have to take their special snowflake talent
    Heh yeah we were pretty wrong about surrender to madness early on lol (at least post 100% cast on the move...before that it was shit). That original version of legacy was just SO strong. I think it had too many issues baseline with it though. the tracking + refresh + anti synergy with shadow word void were a few. I wish legacy could make for an interesting debate between it and StM with mind spike filling a cleave niche.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea me too. Surprisingly I've been stuck on FotM lately. Synergizes pretty good with SI and find myself going VF a lot faster and more frequent. This is a BGs pov. Havent arena'd much lol

Yea me too. Surprisingly I've been stuck on FotM lately. Synergizes pretty good with SI and find myself going VF a lot faster and more frequent.

I haven't tried FotM yet. I'll have to try it at some point though lol I've always bounced back and forth between twist and SWV with twist always winning haha. 20% damage buff just feels awesome to me.

I need to try out ghost spec even post mind sear spread nerf. I feel like 25% doesn't nerf it really all that much...it just eliminates the 0.1 second cast mind sears that Theed pointed out. When I BG'd those few times, I was getting in to void form so fast it was ridiculous.

Havent arena'd much lol
    Lucky

You too can become a member of the battered casters support group

I mean that video narline is not really good to show anything. You outdps'd dead people on a fight that didn't even last for 3 minutes ... I'm not saying we're in a bad spot but this video is not really a good example

Also, we said StM was a stupid talent because it was before. We couldn't move while casting that was so retarded. Now the talent is still stupid because it's too strong so we have to be weak everywhere else to make up for it (dw I'm sure they will nerf us if we're strong in dps without StM). I'd rather they nerf StM than nerf us.

We still have MindSpike and Voidray which have been deemed not worth it from like 90% of the testers. It just doesn't flow well with the spec.

We still have Shadowfiend which feels like half a spell :/

Then again, I won't mind if we're actually decent dpswise. Well I'll still complain (there's nothing wrong with complaining) because I still think they could have handled some talent better (that's a general critic of Legion's talent/class design) but I know I'm gonna have fun playing my priest.

Edit : i always use FotM more and never use SW:V tho I haven't touched my priest seriously in like 1,5 month

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    I didn't want to prove, show, or express anything in that video. All I want is to show people how StM plays. If I'm trying to prove to you how good Spriest is at the moment, why would I upload a 1:25s long video...?^^

It is really good video so I like his video. It shows how good stm is and enjoy it instead of being negatives!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    It is really good video so I like his video. It shows how good stm is and enjoy it instead of being negatives!
    So being a lumpy hentai god of sex and dps for 3 minutes outshines that the rest of the encounter you're hoping you beat tanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    So being a lumpy hentai god of sex and dps for 3 minutes outshines that the rest of the encounter you're hoping you beat tanks?
    I dont know what you are talking about! What do you want? Go back to where you were!

Can anyone tell me the best single target talents?

so am i correct in reading that void eruption no longer does damage? seemsgood?
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com