Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've come to the conclusion that steam sales are no longer exciting and I not longer buy stuff. Personally after seeing all the sales with this new format...I don't feel like some games are reduced as much as what it seems like they used to be. Sucks too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably buy a few more rocksmith songs, cause DAMN 1632,90 euro's for all of them. Probably most expensive dlc collection out there.

Not game related but, that card system (3 a day) with the discovery queue, when they expire do they disappear or its just that you cant sell them after? Cause if they disappear ill just convert them into gems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that steam sales are no longer exciting and I not longer buy stuff. Personally after seeing all the sales with this new format...I don't feel like some games are reduced as much as what it seems like they used to be. Sucks too.
    I'm sure it would be very close between that and one of the train simulators. As far as the sale goes, haven't really seen much I want. Hopefully something catches my eye before the end.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    8-Bit Armies looks kind of awesome. Never heard of the game before but the reviews are solid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Not game related but, that card system (3 a day) with the discovery queue, when they expire do they disappear or its just that you cant sell them after? Cause if they disappear ill just convert them into gems
    Yep they just disappear. They did for me in the last sale too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Any card that exists at the time of expiration will disappear. Whether they were in your inventory or on the market. So best thing to do is wait till the last day and if you can't sell them/have no use for them then gem them. Otherwise sell them now or craft the badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Any card that exists at the time of expiration will disappear. Whether they were in your inventory or on the market. So best thing to do is wait till the last day and if you can't sell them/have no use for them then gem them. Otherwise sell them now or craft the badges.
    Ok thank, and thank to the 2 others who answered. Im 1 card away to complete the badge so i think ill do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 3 cards away from finishing my badge, I sell of the duplicates asap, the price doesn't change much but might as well get the most out of them that I can

Can someone explain, or point me in the direction of an explanation, what the hell all these cards, gems and badges mean? I have a number of them but never done anything with them and I have no idea what they're supposed to be used for - I've just ignored them up to now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trading cards drop from certain games after you have played them for long enough. You only get 3/5 of the possible cards though. The rest you purchase or obtain from trading. A full set of cards will allow you to craft a badge for that game. Crafting a badge gives you steam experience, an emoticon and (steam profile) background picture for that game and usually a discount for a random game. Steam experience gives you levels which allow you to add more friends and every 10 levels gives you a profile showcase such as achievements, screenshots, inventory showcase and so on.

And if you don't care about any of that? You can sell the cards (for real currency) for a few pennies. It may seem insignificant, but it all adds up. I pointed a friend towards idlemaster a few days ago (a legal program that will run your games without opening them, so no cpu usage, designed specifically around cards). He's made $5 in two days and has plenty more to go. Once I hit level 50, I quit caring about badges and started selling my cards. From that point on, I've easily made £10 from trading cards alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Can someone explain, or point me in the direction of an explanation, what the hell all these cards, gems and badges mean? I have a number of them but never done anything with them and I have no idea what they're supposed to be used for - I've just ignored them up to now.
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    In all honesty, if you haven't noticed you're missing out on something ignoring that part of Steam, then you haven't missed out on anything. They're just irrelevant fluff, stuff people like to show off with. You're not going to get free games or discounts to games with them, and let's face it, Steam is just something that enables one to buy and play games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Stardew Valley just a modern Harvest Quest?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Is Stardew Valley just a modern Harvest Quest?
    Stardew Valley is one of the best Harvest Moon type games ever made. And it was made by one person, with lots and lots of love.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In all honesty, if you haven't noticed you're missing out on something ignoring that part of Steam, then you haven't missed out on anything. They're just irrelevant fluff, stuff people like to show off with. You're not going to get free games or discounts to games with them, and let's face it, Steam is just something that enables one to buy and play games.
    Well you can sometimes get Discount coupons when crafting a games badge. Though they are never that useful for the ones I've gotten. It will also increase your steam level which allows you to have more people on your friends list.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, I've looked in to it, for me it's a waste of time so I'll just ignore them.

Thanks for the info everyone - put up a couple of cards for sale to see what happens, but they're on hold for 15 days - not worth the time and effort needed (I have to click on an email link too for each one I put up) for just a few pence. Not interested in badges and I know nobody IRL with Steam, or gamers for that matter.

Bought three games for about $15-19 (Evoland 2, Dex and the Banner Saga 1). Honestly steam sale is dull now. Go through the discovery queue hitting next 3 times a day for cards and then go back to Evoland 2.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Anyone can recommend Dragon Ball Xenoverse ? or should I skip it for the upcoming one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Anyone can recommend Dragon Ball Xenoverse ? or should I skip it for the upcoming one ?
    I thought it was pretty good. In story mode you are limited to your Create-A-Character which you get moves for and stats overtime. Then there are side missions where you can play as the other characters. It's a pretty decent game, though I haven't heard about a new one will have to check it out.