Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If an artist decides to depict every white person in a piece of their art as light skin, or light hair, or with both, and I say "in this artists work this is waht these people look like"

That isn't tantamount to saying in real life every white person fits this!

I KNOW WHITE PEOPLE CAN HAVE DARK HAIR MOST PEOPLE HAVE BLACK OR BROWN HAIR PERIOD I NEVER SAID WHITES CAN'T HAVE DARK HAIR IN LIFE We are talking about this poster though, why are you incapable of not conflating the two?

If I wanted to be as foolish as you, well how do we know the people with white skin are actually white? I mean they could be Asians just with dyed hair, or albino blacks! Since they do exist in real life...
    Just how dense are you? White skinned people in the poster are depicted with dark and black hair. You keep assuming they aren't white.

But keep calling people foolish, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    You're on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I just said this isn't tantamount to saying that all whites must match what a painting depicts, and then you show that image because? It just shows you simply don't understand what I said.

I KNOW WHITE PEOPLE CAN HAVE DARK HAIR MOST PEOPLE HAVE BLACK OR BROWN HAIR PERIOD I NEVER SAID WHITES CAN'T HAVE DARK HAIR IN LIFE We are talking about this poster though, why are you incapable of not conflating the two?
    So I can make a poster and say the brown skinned people are white, and the pale skinned people are black? Is this what you are saying? That posters have no rules and can be anything we want them to be? I'm really confused by what you are trying to get across.

What is the kid in the very middle of the picture doing wrong? I can't figure out what rule he is supposed to be breaking.

When did I ever tell people they are white for having light hair?

I'm not telling peopel they are white for having light hair, I am saying in the poster they've gone with light hair to show they're white most people have black or brown hair...

ITT: Idiots who want to conflate what one says about a poster, which real life.
    Except the part where you constantly claimed that light hair=white.

Also, isn't Judging the poster as being a racist depiction of minorities idiotic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So I can make a poster and say the brown skinned people are white, and the pale skinned people are black? Is this what you are saying? That posters have no rules and can be anything we want them to be? I'm really confused by what you are trying to get across.
    If you depict brown skinned people as white and black people as pale then I would say IN THIS POSTER THE PALE PEOPLE ARE BLACK AND THE DARK SKIN PEOPLE ARE WHITE That's not how it works, but that's how it is in the poster therefore everything I'm saying concerning the poster should be held solely to the poster and not conflated with real life situations. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's the biggest mystery of the 21 century.
    Shouting, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Except the part where you constantly claimed that light hair=white.

Also, isn't Judging the poster as being a racist depiction of minorities idiotic?
    In the poster white people have light hair... some have darker hair but they are still light skinned. That's nto me saying people irl can't have dark hair what the fuck is wrong with you?

I just said this isn't tantamount to saying that all whites must match what a painting depicts, and then you show that image because? It just shows you simply don't understand what I said.
    Ok I think I get it. In the movie, Harry Potter is white. But in cartoon drawings, Harry Potter is hispanic. Is this correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What is the kid in the very middle of the picture doing wrong? I can't figure out what rule he is supposed to be breaking.
    Performing oral on the invisible man?

I think hes drowning and its not cool to drown.

Again, it looks like he is pushing someone underwater if that is a foot behind him. No clue otherwise.

Shouting, I guess?
    Either that or, as some poster suggester earlier, that foot on the back not being his, thus him trying to drown someone! If so, that poster became way more grim.

But yeah, unlike most of the other depiction, that one isn't very clear on what is happening.

The article said they used to all be white kids. They probably just figured it was easier to change the dark haired kids to be non-white. It's easier to photo shop some new colors in to new fields than to draw a whole new picture. Therefore, it's probably complete coincidence which kids became what color and doing which activity.

What about the guy diving in the pool? Are you not allowed to do that? Why do they have a diving board there if thats the case?

In the poster white people have light hair... some have darker hair but they are still light skinned. That's nto me saying people irl can't have dark hair what the fuck is wrong with you?
    No. You just argued that they weren't white.

What about the guy diving in the pool? Are you not allowed to do that? Why do they have a diving board there if thats the case?
    Black people aren't allowed to dive obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you are saying the one with dark hair and pale skin in the top left is not white, yet there are ones with darker skin who are white.

In conclusion you seem to think the racism in the picture is against hair colour, not skin colour.

Diving head first isn't allowed unless the depth of the pool is sufficient.