10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a lot of drunk GMs at the draft this year. People should just stop talk Sweet Lou's calls. Because at the end they will have given up their daughter for a vending machine.

The Jets drafted extremely well. We will know how two players pan out quickly. But the others we won't know for some time.

I though Poile did pretty well considering where we were picking. Our Dmen have been pretty well non-existant in the minors. Couple guys that will need some time and work, which we can give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I though Poile did pretty well considering where we were picking. Our Dmen have been pretty well non-existant in the minors. Couple guys that will need some time and work, which we can give them.
    Fabbro was ranked top rhd in draft I believe. Also Girard was supposed to be a first round guy. I think your third was also a defense. Little doubt in my mind Nashville will bring out all their potential if any team can, especially if they get to learn from Josi and Weber.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    There seems to be a lot of drunk GMs at the draft this year. People should just stop talk Sweet Lou's calls. Because at the end they will have given up their daughter for a vending machine.

The Jets drafted extremely well. We will know how two players pan out quickly. But the others we won't know for some time.
    This is the problem with having inexperienced GMs in the game, it isn't Lou's fault. How many GMs knew that Rychel was available? Probably not enough. CBJ is stupid to give up a top 6 winger in the division to a team with so much raw talent.

Also, was reading that Toronto plans to put Matthews on the third line. You don't draft a guy who is once in a generation and have him play checking line level minutes. They really need to trade Bozak, that contract is really good for his skill.

I think it's past due to point out the glaring missed opportunity for Brian Elliott's mask art over the years.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is the problem with having inexperienced GMs in the game, it isn't Lou's fault. How many GMs knew that Rychel was available? Probably not enough. CBJ is stupid to give up a top 6 winger in the division to a team with so much raw talent.

Also, was reading that Toronto plans to put Matthews on the third line. You don't draft a guy who is once in a generation and have him play checking line level minutes. They really need to trade Bozak, that contract is really good for his skill.
    He's starting in the third line, he'll end up on second line midway through the season and then next year I bet will be first.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    He's starting in the third line, he'll end up on second line midway through the season and then next year I bet will be first.
    And? How many other elite centre's started on the third line in their first year? Not many that I can remember but my memory is fuzzy at best. I hope they ship Bozak out of town though, he isn't part of their plans as far as I can tell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/peLxv Pronman's evaluation of every teams draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And? How many other elite centre's started on the third line in their first year? Not many that I can remember but my memory is fuzzy at best. I hope they ship Bozak out of town though, he isn't part of their plans as far as I can tell.
    Wasn't datsyuk a 4th liner at one point? I believe Getzlaf started as a low centre as well. Not sure why that matters; if Babcock wants Matthews to earn it then Matthews shouldn't have a very hard time out playing Bozak in 2 months. Babcock has always favoured veterans getting higher line position until someone proves themselves. Not sure why that's a problem to shelter him for the first little bit and slowly integrate. I imagine Marner will get similar treatment if he is kept up.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2016-06-27 at 01:24 PM.

Lots of teams do that until they get some time under their belt. Forsberg didn't start as a top 6 either.

That is a beauty contract for both Forsberg and the Preds. Good on you guys getting him locked up early - I bet if you guys can find some more playoff success in the next 4 years, extending him will be no problem. ($6M AAV, 6 years for anyone wondering).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sportsnet moving most of the idiots off air, praise the lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Sportsnet moving most of the idiots off air, praise the lord!
    I didn't mind Strombo as much as everyone else but good riddance to the others.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more Healy or Cox on tv is a blessing.

Anyone have any predictions on where Stamkos is going? My guess is Detroit and I really hope Toronto doesn't toss a pile of money at him. I think that goes against what they've done so far in the rebuild and will only end up biting them in the end when Marner/Nylander/Matthews need to be resigned. The way things are going, they are at the point in their rebuild where the Oilers failed. I fully expect the Leafs to be in the lotto race again next year and they should be either picking a defenseman or trading the #1 pick to acquire a premier defenseman. Current projections have Nolan Patrick (centerman) as the #1 prospect for the 2017 draft but there is a Swedish defenseman that right now is looking to go top 3. Things will change big time by the time that draft comes but I feel like they need another high end D to turn the rebuild completely.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    That is a beauty contract for both Forsberg and the Preds. Good on you guys getting him locked up early - I bet if you guys can find some more playoff success in the next 4 years, extending him will be no problem. ($6M AAV, 6 years for anyone wondering).
    Yup should leave us room to pick up another top 6 winger or center somewhere.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone have any predictions on where Stamkos is going? My guess is Detroit and I really hope Toronto doesn't toss a pile of money at him. I think that goes against what they've done so far in the rebuild and will only end up biting them in the end when Marner/Nylander/Matthews need to be resigned. The way things are going, they are at the point in their rebuild where the Oilers failed. I fully expect the Leafs to be in the lotto race again next year and they should be either picking a defenseman or trading the #1 pick to acquire a premier defenseman. Current projections have Nolan Patrick (centerman) as the #1 prospect for the 2017 draft but there is a Swedish defenseman that right now is looking to go top 3. Things will change big time by the time that draft comes but I feel like they need another high end D to turn the rebuild completely.
    I still think he ends up back in Tampa. I don't think Yzerman would be so aggressively trying to shop Bishop right now if he didn't think they had a realistic shot at him. I think he wants to make one more good run at it next year with everyone back (sans Bishop if need be for cap room), and concede to losing Johnson or Palat when the time comes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    they also have kucherov and hedman more importantly to resign aswell as killorn. Something has to give there unless they wanna give up some of those important pieces.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh thank god. Now if they can permanently keep Homer Hughson in Vancouver forever, I'd watch CBC again. I mean really, that is likely to happen anyway, Joe Bowen has been the main voice for Leafs games anyway and I like him WAY more for commentary than Hughson.

Boo Seth Jones extended 6 years for 5.4M AAV. Another good for team, good for player deal. Unlike Forsberg, though, I don't see him staying in Columbus his entire career unless they have multiple 3rd-round appearances towards the end of that deal. Dude is set up beautifully to be a #1D hitting UFA when he's 27.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taylor Hall traded to Devils for Adam Larsson

Weber for Subban

Stamkos staying in TB
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2016-06-29 at 08:03 PM.