Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys are fucking hilarious. "Those guys are just tan!" "Context clues are racist!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So all tan people and black people are rule breakers.
    You should look at the picture again and see that there are white rule breakers too.

You're not one for fake outrage/racism claims, surprised you of all people jumped on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So all tan people and black people are rule breakers.
    Tan people (who could be of many ethnic backgrounds including european), white people, and black people are rule breakers. They're also, according to this poster, not rule breakers.

It almost seems, shockingly, like the poster is just telling us not to break the pool rules.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I can see why someone might have a problem with the poster but I think the OP is being a bit hasty calling the Red Cross racist. At most you could say they were a bit thoughtless or insensitive to how others might perceive the poster.
    You're right. We need to not offend the people convinced racism is in everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any problem as several skin types are in there and not all are 'cool'. Guess it's simply an american thing where they like to turn everything into politics being it on both conservative and progressive side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    You guys are fucking hilarious. "Those guys are just tan!" "Context clues are racist!"
    The blonde girl is as dark skinned as the boy who is supposed to be non-white. The lifeguard is blond and darker skinned than the non-white boy, and apparently all the lighter haired people are white.

So what is the poster racist toward? Dark haired people? Hair is not a race, just so you know, otherwise my race has changed over the years from black to black with flecks of grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    That poster, or say the outrage over it, is actually proof that racism is damn well real in the US.
    Nowhere else on this planet in the developed world would anyone have drawn a connection to racism.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I can see why someone might have a problem with the poster but I think the OP is being a bit hasty calling the Red Cross racist. At most you could say they were a bit thoughtless or insensitive to how others might perceive the poster.
    You can't use those words. There is no such thing as being insensitive. You are either 100% non-racist, or you are full on KKK. At least, this is what I am learning here at MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That poster, or say the outrage over it, is actually proof that racism is damn well real in the US.
    Nowhere else on this planet in the developed world would anyone have drawn a connection to racism.
    I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion, from this story. You may be right overall, but if anything, what this poster story tells us that some people in the US are SUPER FUCKING MEGA SENSITIVE about race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This is a no win situation.

Depict black kids breaking the rules? Racism.

Depict black kids following the rules? Racism.

Better off just doing nothing.
    Dont depict black kids at all.

Oh wait. Racism.

Deleted
    How do we kill PC?

Right, we stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    How do we kill PC?
    By voting for the man in your avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion, from this story. You may be right overall, but if anything, what this poster story tells us that some people in the US are SUPER FUCKING MEGA SENSITIVE about race.
    The fact that this sensitivity even exists makes racism real.
    Because, the very people triggered are already racists.
    Literally obsessed with the color of the human skin.
    That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They need to have the pieces represent the ethnic breakdown of the country, so some white pieces, some black, some latino, some Far Eastern, etc.

Homosexuals are already represented, as are furries, so they are fine.
    But what about transgendered pieces? Like maybe they can have half of a piece look like a rook, like the bottom half, and the upper half looks like a knight maybe?

Yeah. Donald Trump is totally un-pc. Which is the pc way of saying a huge racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Obviously, but one man can't kill the beast all by himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    hardly..
    He's just as much part of an establishment group.

And quite honestly now. We can blame the politicians for a lot. But that PC phenomenon is not on them.
    That is brain child of the Internet generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The blonde girl is as dark skinned as the boy who is supposed to be non-white. The lifeguard is blond and darker skinned than the non-white boy, and apparently all the lighter haired people are white.

So what is the poster racist toward? Dark haired people? Hair is not a race, just so you know, otherwise my race has changed over the years from black to black with flecks of grey.
    The blonde is pretty light and the life guard is orange like he has a bad tan. The kid with the bottle looks yellowish to me and the poster use to be all white children it isn't unreasonable to think those two kids aren't white. I also don't agree with Themius that's this is much racism... I think at the worst it was incentive and poorly thought out but you and Xekus were going on about the kids being white despite never talking to the person who edited the poster in the first place.

Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-06-28 at 05:41 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

That's what I meant.
    So, you equate hyper sensitivity to race issues to be due to racism? Well, that's certainly an interesting take on the subject.

That's what I meant.
    Hey cool. It's the "rape culture is real because you deny it" argument. I was looking for more garbage to legitimize snake oil salesmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you equate hyper sensitivity to race issues to be due to racism? Well, that's certainly an interesting take on the subject.
    Of course, because if you weren't racist you wouldn't notice the color of the kids, you'd pay attention to the activities. To the actual information.

You as a general term now, not you personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hey cool. It's the "rape culture is real because you deny it" argument. I was looking for more garbage to legitimize snake oil salesmen.
    Straw man much..