Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Her whole reason for breaking up with Daario was just so she could marry in order to make allies. Was pretty well-covered in the last episode.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a poor opinion, it's a pretty realistic one. Marriage has been about convenience for a vast majority of its existance, whether strategic, monetary or otherwise. Marrying for love is a very recent invention that has been around for what, couple of hundred years at most?

It is supposed to be based on 15th century England, after all. Pretty sure most marriages back then were of convenience.

She also said she might not marry thou,
    indicating that she knows that people will still desperately try to help her if they think that they got a shot at that king-position

if she marries, that incentive will go away.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why do you guys keep talking about AA and "The prince that was promised" and it meaning Jon will die fighting the Night King. I googled it and it seems like a really minor thing the Red Witch said.
    Why do people believe AA is Jon anyways? Isnt it WAY more likely that it's Danny?

'Leaving Daario behind seemed like a REALLY bad idea to me.. his only motivation for anything is that it benefits him,
    his only reason for doing what danny tells him is that he loves her, wants her, and she wants him.
    why would he stay in mereen, doing her dirtywork for her, when he cant have her?

My guess is that he'll either follow her, or fuck shit up in mereen

Edit:
    He chopped the heads off the last 2 guys who tried to make him do something he didnt want to do. just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IIRC, that lover was David Tennant's Doctor.

On a more serious note: if Jon is being open about being killed and resurrected thus relieving him of his vow (and I agree, it certainly ends his Watch), why isn't this kind of a bigger deal? If someone came back from the dead, you'd think he'd almost become like a sword-wielding prophet. Maybe even the head of like, IDK, a brotherhood. This time with banners.

Dany's marriage options: Jon, Euron, Jaime, LF, Sweetrobin. Personally, I think she should destroy the Freys, marry Edmure after killing his wife, King David-style, and consolidate the middle of Westeros. Sweetrobin doesn't make sense, the Vale already follows Jon. Jaime doesn't make sense, the Lannisters will have no power soon, and I honestly think Jaime has only ever loved one woman, Cersei (and maybe soon Brienne?) Euron is likely to be an enemy, and she gains nothing from it if she already has Yara, and in fact ruins that relationship if she marries Euron. Marrying LF would be a hilariously bad idea on her part, because all his power is through Sweetrobin - though I guess he's still the Lord of Harrenhal? Jon is the only marriage that makes sense of that list, but I don't think it'd go down well.
    On paper a marriage to Jon makes the most sense since it consolidates the most power in Westeros since controlling the north is always a hard thing to do unless you physically live up there which is why the King of the North was a thing in the past. The only hurdle to that would be if Bran reveals to Jon that hes half Targaryen and that Dany is his Aunt. Even with that reveal they may not have a problem with it (given the Targaryen propensity for keeping things in the family), but as far as power plays go that one makes the most sense.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    On paper a marriage to Jon makes the most sense since it consolidates the most power in Westeros since controlling the north is always a hard thing to do unless you physically live up there which is why the King of the North was a thing in the past. The only hurdle to that would be if Bran reveals to Jon that hes half Targaryen and that Dany is his Aunt. Even with that reveal they may not have a problem with it (given the Targaryen propensity for keeping things in the family), but as far as power plays go that one makes the most sense.
    She could marry Gendry, if they find him still rowing around in the middle of the narrow sea? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Which is what I was saying earlier. A marriage to you cousin is seen as acceptable, but not your Aunt. Now, maybe Dany will have no problem marrying her nephew because of Targaryen's keeping it in the family. However, Jon is a man of honor and it's deemed a taboo thing to do.

Also, if Dany is aware of incest being the main contributor to "the madness" amongst Targ's, I'm not sure she'd want to continue that, since she did say she wanted to leave the world better than her father did. Having a heir that could go crazy and wreck havoc once again, isn't really following that view.
    She's barren anyways so she won't have children. If she marries it will be for political reasons and/or love.

Also, if Dany is aware of incest being the main contributor to "the madness" amongst Targ's, I'm not sure she'd want to continue that, since she did say she wanted to leave the world better than her father did. Having a heir that could go crazy and wreck havoc once again, isn't really following that view.
    I don't think that the shes aware of that, I think that was purely fan speculation.

Why do you guys keep talking about AA and "The prince that was promised" and it meaning Jon will die fighting the Night King. I googled it and it seems like a really minor thing the Red Witch said.
    Azor Ahai is talked about because of the legend originating from The long night about him, and that he will likely be reborn during the Long night v.2.0, which is soon upon us. And the reason TPTWP is talked about is because he is said to be "the song of ice and fire", which is looking more and more likely to be Jon Snow.

I do belive they are pretty much merged into one in the show.

Why ppl keep saying Jon will die "because" of it, I have no idea.
    Last edited by Gaman; 2016-06-28 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Realistically what ARE Dany's marriage options in Westeros? Jon, Euron, Jamie, Littlefinger, Sweetrobin? I can't think of any other major un-attached lords that we know of.
    Bran Stark?

The other question is is Sansa still married to Tryion? How did that whole marriage to Ramsey just get rid of that marriage? I may have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Bran Stark?

The other question is is Sansa still married to Tryion? How did that whole marriage to Ramsey just get rid of that marriage? I may have missed it.
    Tyrion and Sansa never consummated the marriage.

As said, Tyrion never consummated the marriage, and this is said to Lord Bolton by Littlefinnger when he went to Winterfell with Sansa - "Tyrion never consummated the marriage, by the law of the lands she's no mans wife."

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if anyone noticed, but a chandelier in the library is the same sun/orb thing that's shown in the opening credits:

I did. Stuf like that gives me nerd tingles. I want to see the mechanical map of the world now, lol.

I'm not entirely sure she is barren. I know it's been said she is, but... "Life, uh, finds a way"

Also, I believe the witch did tell her she could conceive again: "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only then would her womb quicken once again..."

Dany has said her Dragons would be her only children, but I do think she is aware that conceiving is a possibility in time.
    That quote always came across to me as "When pigs fly" I.E. the witch was saying you will never be able to have children again. Seas going dry and mountains blowing in the wind like leaves speaks to a massive amount of time going by - tens of thousands of years. I don't think Dany is going to be that long-lived. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east is basically saying when up becomes down and down become up - when everything in the world gets reversed, then too will your barren womb.

Prophecies like that are always metaphorical. She takes it to mean "when pigs fly," but the point is it probably has a double meaning. In particular, in this universe, it could happen. The Sun could easily refer to the Martells, Quentyn has already "set" in the East, in the books, the Mountain conveniently happens to be the name of a dude, and when the Seas run dry could easily refer to the end of House Greyjoy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible for Dany to conceive again.

Edit: Also, the prophecy is about Drogo's return to his former self, and her womb quickening and her birthing a living child is another one of the requirements. The prophecy isn't about her fertility, though it's implied that she's infertile because all those other things are impossible, including Drogo's return.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-06-28 at 06:13 PM.

If you take it in a literal sense, yes, it does come off as something that would happen in many years. However, "the seas", in particular, could mean a Greyjoy.
    The literal sense of what the witch said is never. It is 3 separate descriptions of "Never going to happen". The witch was pissed at the world, was insulted that Dany rode in thinking she was saving her (in the book the witch says she was already beaten and raped multiple times before Dany showed up), and was hammering home the point that she will never have children. Saying 'the seas' could represent a Greyjoy doesn't make sense - This isn't a prophecy of who is going to impregnate her. It isn't a prophecy at all. It is an angry old woman telling Dany that the blood magic that was used to restore "life" to Khal Drogo did so by robbing Dany of the ability to create life herself. That was why the witch told Dany to stay the hell out of the tent during the ritual in both the books and the TV show.

That is my interpretation anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    so when Jamie ends up killing Cersei, will people start calling him Queenslayer instead of Kingslayer?

Beside Cersei who would really be next in line for the throne?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    so when Jamie ends up killing Cersei, will people start calling him Queenslayer instead of Kingslayer?
    To steal a joke from Clash of Kings, he would be the Kinslayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but a chandelier in the library is the same sun/orb thing that's shown in the opening credits:
    I heard a pretty cool theory:

Basically, all the events of GoT are actually in the past. This whole show is inside the mind of a maester as he writes the history of the war of the five kings in a big volume to catalogue it for posterity.

That maester's name? Sam!

The final ever scene of GoT will be the camera panning back as he writes the final line.

And who will be playing the older version of Sam, for the final scene? Well... Who do we know that's old, fat, has a large beard and likes hats?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    To steal a joke from Clash of Kings, he would be the Kinslayer.
    Lmao, that's gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beside Cersei who would really be next in line for the throne?
    Gendry, the last Baratheon