Page 93 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. Imo this should be like "Whenever [insert dot name here, cos we have NO DOTS which are actually called "Soul-something"] deals damage, target's soul may burst in flames, dealing wtfbbq damage". Then again, warlock artifact traits feel really weak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Just because adds spawn doesn't mean you can make use out of Soulflame.
    Fair point, soulflame is definitely the most problematic of the 3 on-death passives. I'll argue that I'd rather have a pretty strong passive that is only useful in certain scenarios over a passive that always works but is fairly weak in comparison. Soulflame does a pretty high amount of damage in stacked AoE during reap, other classes have golds that are like a 1% damage gain in most scenarios.

I definitely dislike that WoC or soulflame will basically never work in arenas (except maybe against demo locks...), but I also have played less than 10 arena matches over my entire wow career.

all you have to do is tell your raid to have the boss 8 or 10yards from the add so soulflame hits it isn't hard explain to them its fire nova... soulflame x15 adds on first boss of nighthold is a ton of dmg its worth speaking up about.

Deleted
    Regarding our passives, I don't know if it has been already said or not, but Grimoire of Sacrifice procs the passives from the artifact.

Summon pet prepull -> Wait for 1 shard -> Prepot -> Sacrifice -> Doomguard -> Corruption -> Agony -> Siphon Life -> Soul Effigy -> Corruption -> Agony -> Siphon Life.

That is my opener and...tons of damage.

I was going for a mastery-haste build, and at item level 898 I had 95% mastery with 55% haste and 15% crit chance.

Every 30s you can resummon a pet and re-sacrifice it to obtain the 20s with additional dot damage.

This may seem not optimal for a lot of people, but on yesterday's raid testing, I was using 2-2-1-1-3-1 as talents, and every 30s I was resummoning and sacrificing the pet, and man...top 3 damage on all of the tries, in some of them top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Achelon View Post
    Regarding our passives, I don't know if it has been already said or not, but Grimoire of Sacrifice procs the passives from the artifact.

Summon pet prepull -> Wait for 1 shard -> Prepot -> Sacrifice -> Doomguard -> Corruption -> Agony -> Siphon Life -> Soul Effigy -> Corruption -> Agony -> Siphon Life.

I was going for a mastery-haste build, and at item level 898 I had 95% mastery with 55% haste and 15% crit chance.

Every 30s you can resummon a pet and re-sacrifice it to obtain the 20s with additional dot damage.

This may seem not optimal for a lot of people, but on yesterday's raid testing, I was using 2-2-1-1-3-1 as talents, and every 30s I was resummoning and sacrificing the pet, and man...top 3 damage on all of the tries, in some of them top dps.
    Even though that seems like a nice find, i doubt this is intended. Blizz will probably fix this. Altough it'd be a nice thing to have for bursty moments!
    made by Shyama

That is probably something you shouldn't share just saying lol

Although soul flame damage procs where the target ( the pet in this case) dies , wouldn't it be wasted if the pet isn't in boss range ?

Btw wrath of consumption seems almost negligible at just 1 stack but 2% more dot damage is better than nothing I guess.

Deleted
    Is wrath of consumption a "rolling" buff (don't know how to describe it,basically each stack will appear/disappear seperately) or could you extend 5 stacks by another 20 seconds that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    That is probably something you shouldn't share just saying lol
    I'm sure you're being facetious, but that sounds like the kind of gameplay we'd want quashed ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I'm sure you're being facetious, but that sounds like the kind of gameplay we'd want quashed ASAP.
    But it's so damn cool! I love the flavor of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    But it's so damn cool! I love the flavor of that!
    Obvious sarcasm but no thanks, pet twisting sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Obvious sarcasm but no thanks, pet twisting sucks.
    To each their own I suppose. But I get that. Though at this point I am glad to have something.

If there is a method that provides aff locks semblance of on demand burst, I would expect a change from blizzard that makes this no longer work. Burst DMg isnt thematic to aff locks class fantasy.

It's not like burst is still king or anything...
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

What would adding Soul Harvest and/or Mana Tap do?

But isn't Skada still counting damage done to the Effigy? (in addition to the damage effigy does to the boss)
    Seems misleading to count effigy damage on meters when it doesn't actually help anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    To each their own I suppose. But I get that. Though at this point I am glad to have something.
    You'll love the flavour about the first 4 times you do it, then it becomes tedious and especially annoying if someone ninja pulls or some other shit happens the interrupt your flow for the first 10 seconds and tanks your damage for the entire fight. We've been there, done that, got a major redesign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    But isn't Skada still counting damage done to the Effigy? (in addition to the damage effigy does to the boss)
    Seems misleading to count effigy damage on meters when it doesn't actually help anyone.
    That's a good one, didn't check tbh, sorry! I'll try to do some dungs and I'll check later the logs to see if it's duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662
    What would adding Soul Harvest and/or Mana Tap do?
    I don't know, I can try it this weekend, but in the end it's just a 2% more dot damage, it's not like we have an "on-demand burst", for me, it felt more like something that you could use rotationally or, in my case, I just used it depending on the situation.

I'll give an example. Testing Chronomatic Anomaly, there is a moment where two adds spawn and the raid divides in two groups. Once you finish the add, two little adds spawn. This 1->4 adds, must be killed asap. Of course I used the sacrifice on pull, but when I had it available again, I saved it because I knew that in the next 10-15 seconds I would have to kill the adds and that additional 2% damage would be more helpful then.

As I said in my original post, I'm sure that not everyone will like this, but I find it an interesting way to give us, in someway, a bit of control regarding our artifact.

And someone asked that for the AoE damage we would require to have the pet at melee, sure, but that's not a problem, on all the tries I did, I just summoned the dog when the add died and 4 mini adds spawned, then I used Grimoire, the AoE made effect and I had the 20s buff for a 2% additional dot damage.

As I said, I don't know if it's expected behaviour or not, I think it is, since in the end it's just a 2% dot damage with an uptime below 66% even doing it on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You'll love the flavour about the first 4 times you do it, then it becomes tedious and especially annoying if someone ninja pulls or some other shit happens the interrupt your flow for the first 10 seconds and tanks your damage for the entire fight. We've been there, done that, got a major redesign.
    You make a good point. In that case I suggest something similar but intended to be used in combat.

Deleted

I highly doubt that a 2% damage buff to our dots will be an increase over having an actual pet do damage. Yes I know Demonic Power does damage as well but on single target it will not be all that much. Especially as affli, without any destro passive increasing it's damage by 50%. Especially on pull, on beta our damage on pull is barely existent since agony needs to stack before it does some damage.

Would be nice if you could link your logs as well. Maybe I am wrong and this will be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    ETA: I'm wondering if Reap Souls isn't the big sleeper trait on the artifact. Yeah, +10% damage, nothing huge there. But it also doubles all the passive traits you've unlocked. Let's count what a fully unlocked Harvester will offer with that.

+5% shadow damage
    +10% crit damage
    +12% Agony and Corruption damage
    +6% Drain Life damage
    +6% UA crit chance
    +15% Seed explosion damage
    +30% Drain Life healing
    +3% Soul Leech leeching

We can't figure what sort of effective damage buff that all equates to until the tuning pass is done, but it's a good deal more than 10%. And it gets 5s of uptime for every add that dies. That's going to make Afflic really strong on any boss with a lot of adds.
    Yeah, but even after Reap Souls our traits are only slightly ahead of the rest specs (hell, with baseline bonus for Drain Life being just 6% we get lower bonus to our filler than most specs even post Reap Souls). The only bonus that is comparable right off the bat is the Seed one and maybe the Shadow damage one. So we have minimally stronger traits that require adds to not fall back behind, tied to primary trait, where other specs have primarily strong nukes, and pitiful gold traits. I don't see how that's a good deal for Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    If you want to ask them something, might as well start by asking why our dots hit like wet noodles.
    Because Aff is back to being all about the DoTs, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It just means the spec is tuned around not having those 2 proc outside of add situations which is typically where affliction is weak in the first place making those traits crutch afflictions damage a bit in the event that there's adds that die quickly.

Really not a problem, though quite boring in arenas.
    Which is precisely why our other Artifact Traits are underpowered compared to alternatives of other specs and require Reap Souls with good uptime to close the gap and Reap Souls in turn needs adds or something else (than the ghosts) to kill for good uptime. Balance all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.