Not that Wrecking Ball is bad, but I've found Avatar to be a really strong choice once you have Odyn's Champion to increase its usage. On single target it's been an especially clear winner, and this is without any kind of real execute phase in dungeons or Juggernaut stacking which would only make Avatar more favorable I would think.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-06-28 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There are two primary ways of playing right now:

1. The generally accepted best is using Inner Rage and Wrecking Ball for raw ability damage and more or less ignoring Enrage (not actually ignoring it, but not fishing for it, and simply taking it as it happens).

2. The other uses Frenzy and abstains from using Raging Blow in favor of Furious Slash to maintain the Haste buff and optionally pushes for Frothing Berserker.

3. The third (I said two for a reason) plays much the same as we have in the past - BT on cooldown and fill Enraged GCDs from BT or Rampage with Raging Blow. It deals decent damage, but eats GCDs and is dependent on Furious Slash when BT fails to crit. As this is still fairly unreliable, it's more dependent on crit as a stat for this reason. It does have the benefit of leading to potentially higher Enrage uptimes, but doesn't work well with anything that pushes either FS or RB out of the rotation (WB, DR, OF, SD, WW, Execute); it's basically an auto-attack build. With a lot of crit it might work out fairly well, but the sacrifice in other stats/ability damage is severe.[/LIST]
    So, for option 1, what does your rotation look like? I'm slowly accepting that the way of the warrior is the one true way.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There are two primary ways of playing right now:

1. The generally accepted best is using Inner Rage and Wrecking Ball for raw ability damage and more or less ignoring Enrage (not actually ignoring it, but not fishing for it, and simply taking it as it happens).

2. The other uses Frenzy and abstains from using Raging Blow in favor of Furious Slash to maintain the Haste buff and optionally pushes for Frothing Berserker.

3. The third (I said two for a reason) plays much the same as we have in the past - BT on cooldown and fill Enraged GCDs from BT or Rampage with Raging Blow. It deals decent damage, but eats GCDs and is dependent on Furious Slash when BT fails to crit. As this is still fairly unreliable, it's more dependent on crit as a stat for this reason. It does have the benefit of leading to potentially higher Enrage uptimes, but doesn't work well with anything that pushes either FS or RB out of the rotation (WB, DR, OF, SD, WW, Execute); it's basically an auto-attack build. With a lot of crit it might work out fairly well, but the sacrifice in other stats/ability damage is severe.[/LIST]
    What about Bloodbath/Reckless Abandon? been having shit loads of fun in dungeons with WB/Carnage/BB/RA. I havnt looked at the numbers for Bloodbath but I assume its worse than Frenzy/IR. Having Reckless Abandon feels soooooo pleasant for on-pull burst

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    What about Bloodbath/Reckless Abandon? been having shit loads of fun in dungeons with WB/Carnage/BB/RA. I havnt looked at the numbers for Bloodbath but I assume its worse than Frenzy/IR. Having Reckless Abandon feels soooooo pleasant for on-pull burst
    Bloodbath is good for multitarget, but in dungeons still suffers the issue of the target dying early. I don't find Reck Abandon useful outside of burst activation, which could be ok for dungeons, but is generally worse for sustain. Especially with AoE packs, it's really hard to beat Dragon Roar + Odyn's Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    So, for option 1, what does your rotation look like? I'm slowly accepting that the way of the warrior is the one true way.
    From what I gather, BT on cd, RB on cd, whirlwind whenever proc and rage dump with rampage.
    I think it is worth it to wait 5-6 seconds to stack dragon roar with battle cry for a rampage/RB or so.

Only question I have, is it worth switching to execute sub 20% because I din't really feel an increase, especially because you get enrage downtime.
    And at that point I feel like execute hits like a sack of wet noodles.
    Anyone got info on that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    From what I gather, BT on cd, RB on cd, whirlwind whenever proc and rage dump with rampage.
    I think it is worth it to wait 5-6 seconds to stack dragon roar with battle cry for a rampage/RB or so.

Only question I have, is it worth switching to execute sub 20% because I din't really feel an increase, especially because you get enrage downtime.
    And at that point I feel like execute hits like a sack of wet noodles.
    Anyone got info on that for me?
    You don't use execute until you get Juggernaut(with present tuning). If you take Massacre you can use execute, but Carnage is easily the superior choice for most situations.

- - - Updated - - -

As a small side note, as I've seen quite a few posts complaining about the PvP mobs being a bit rough. Yes, they have more HP and hit harder than your normal mobs. However, all PvP rules apply in those PvP zones. So your bloodthirst only heals you for half of what it should. The same applies to Enraged Regen when you use it, it only works at 50% effectiveness.

Even at 833 item level on the beta now while I plow through any other world quests, I can get grinded down dealing with PvP world quests/mobs due to the significantly reduced healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    You don't use execute until you get Juggernaut(with present tuning). If you take Massacre you can use execute, but Carnage is easily the superior choice for most situations.

- - - Updated - - -

As a small side note, as I've seen quite a few posts complaining about the PvP mobs being a bit rough. Yes, they have more HP and hit harder than your normal mobs. However, all PvP rules apply in those PvP zones. So your bloodthirst only heals you for half of what it should. The same applies to Enraged Regen when you use it, it only works at 50% effectiveness.

Even at 833 item level on the beta now while I plow through any other world quests, I can get grinded down dealing with PvP world quests/mobs due to the significantly reduced healing.
    Alright, thanks.

What does the current build path look like now? As in, best for PVE?
    Do you first build towards the execute stacker or towards the middle/bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Alright, thanks.

What does the current build path look like now? As in, best for PVE?
    Do you first build towards the execute stacker or towards the middle/bottom?
    The most efficient path is to get Rage of the Valarjar then work through the middle to Odyn's Champion or Juggernaut. The choice between Champion or Juggernaut will solely be up to final tuning.

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Pretty surprising imo. I was playing my frost dk in a heroic yesterday at 826 ilvl and was keeping up with and beating an 840 fury warr with the legendary helm. Frost DK's didn't really get nerfed this tuning pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    Pretty surprising imo. I was playing my frost dk in a heroic yesterday at 826 ilvl and was keeping up with and beating an 840 fury warr with the legendary helm. Frost DK's didn't really get nerfed this tuning pass.
    Yeah observed the same thing. Fury was strong but there were several stronger specs in the game. Oh well, early tuning i guess.

Eh, Rampage, Execute, and Whirlwind weren't touched. Fury probably deserved a few nerfs, but they haven't addressed any of the issues still plaguing the spec.

Jesus Christ we did not deserve this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Surprised that especially tanks keep tons of burst/AoE damage without any changes. I mean why does prot have the highest damaging attack out of all warrior specs.

Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    don't worry, frost will get its turn, and you can already tell that as a spec it wont scale for shit.

They did nerf Avalanche quite a bit, which with any DK's I've been playing with was doing some pretty stronk damage in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    don't worry, frost will get its turn, and you can already tell that as a spec it wont scale for shit.
    That's always been an issue and a concern for Frost, but I think a lot of people are more confident with scaling going forward with Legion. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm considering maining DK in Legion over Warrior.

Latest build nerfs to Fury, not that surprised really but I am slightly surprised at a few of the other balance changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Not that Wrecking Ball is bad, but I've found Avatar to be a really strong choice once you have Odyn's Champion to increase its usage. On single target it's been an especially clear winner, and this is without any kind of real execute phase in dungeons or Juggernaut stacking which would only make Avatar more favorable I would think.
    This is how I felt last night, I was seeing some very encouraging numbers in the Mythic test with the artifact unlocked and gear scaled by running Avatar, Carnage, Inner Rage, Dragon Roar. Of course it's not conclusive data with fairly short fight length on super laggy servers and ultimately wiping years before execute phase, but I don't think Wrecking Ball is as obvious as many people think, at least not with an unlocked artifact.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1865&wipes=1 - for reference. After those wipes we got booted out for 15 mins in the middle of an attempt, got back in for another 2 pulls (no logs) then it ported us to Trilliax, where we had to call it because the tank needed to go. Even so I was able to get a good feel for it, and I did a few LFR runs prior and ended up with a natural bias towards this current setup.

Have to say I actually really enjoy playing Fury this way, infinitely more than WOD Fury. I'm really not a fan of Frenzy but it's a talent with a lot of potential, and RB nerf indirectly buffs Frenzy in comparison to Inner Rage.. Meh.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-06-28 at 10:35 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I really dont like that the paragon system is giving you 5% damage increase for just one level. This just means people who have one weapon will get more power sooner than someone who have 2 or 3 to work on.

Deleted
    It was 10% before, its now 9.5% over 20points, technically. Meaning they just buffed the 35th trait to be more rewarding.