Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Bush's lies resulted in a war that cost more than 200,000 lives and trillions of dollars.

Clinton's lie resulted in people thinking that a video might have been involved for like a day or maybe 2.
    Even regardless of the outcome, there were two years spent on investigation that lead to two wars. While we are revving up to 4 years of investigating the lie that is between "terrorist act" and "an act of terror". The idea of democrats getting away with everything, while republicans are just poor lamb sent to slaughter, is absolutely absurd. In fact, a president who sold arms to militants, including Bin Laden, behind congress and then admitted to being "stubborn" as the reason for doing it, is the GOP (not conservative) ideal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well Hillary is a witch but that has nothing to do with Benghazi
    I don't think a witch has the sort of magical power that GOP claims Hilary has. She is down right omniscient...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What? I remember it being like 1 day, maybe 2 days, before it was made public that it was an Al Qaeda attack. Hell, the way I remember it, it was the very next day.
    Shit, that's actually impressive. Normally the government lies to us for decades before coming out with the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Your best defense for Hillary's lies is to attack a poster? How mature.
    What exactly am I defending? I pick no allegiances in this farce, unlike you apparently. But please continue to defend this broken system that governs us all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Shit, that's actually impressive. Normally the government lies to us for decades before coming out with the truth.

Yeah it kinda is. But it is stained by the fact people were calling bullshit from jump, and the White House still came out with that trash. It's a bad look in that situation. Like they tried to lie, got caught and had no choice but to come clean asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Even regardless of the outcome, there were two years spent on investigation that lead to two wars. While we are revving up to 4 years of investigating the lie that is between "terrorist act" and "an act of terror".
    If you're referring to the 9/11 commission report, then you're correct, that was about 2 years. If you're referring to the report referenced in this thread, then you'd be incorrect. The House Select Committee didn't hold it's first hearing until Sept 2014. That's less than two years.

It's not as if Hillary lying was ever a surprise. The administration lied, we all knew that. That's the problem with the investigations, they were focused on the lies, and not on the failures that led up to the actual event. Administrations lie all the fucking time.

I wonder if the OP was as outraged when the last administration lied about Flight 93, when they said that the passengers took over the plane, and crashed it in order to save lives on the ground. Was he also pissed when the last administration lied about the capture of Jessica Lynch? How angry must he have been when the last administration lied about the death of Pat Tillman.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, nothing criminal, and no smoking gun? How shocking.

Trey Gowdy spent money and years for f all, just because of his hate boner for the Clintons. Also in the news, fire hot, water wet, sky blue.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get her on this 75th attempt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I mean what gets me....is all the red tape. I really am past who did what, knew what when. I want to know why, when an American Ambassador is at risk, there is so much red tape that prevents sending hell to those who threaten us.
    I think, this article fits that fine

According to the report, Navy Vice Adm. Kurt Tidd, then-director of operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified that the State Department had dithered about how to send forces into Libya without creating a larger international incident.

"State was very, very concerned about what the footprint would look like in Tripoli," Tidd said in testimony cited in the report. "They didn't want it to look like we were invading. That was the gist or that was the genesis of the discussion that occurred over whether or not when the FAST arrives at the airport in Tripoli -- because they wanted to reinforce security at the embassy -- but there was concern that it not have this image of a big, invading force."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...m-changes.html
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Bin Laden is dead and so are a bunch of other AQ leaders.
    GM is alive. They've been better but America has been badly making cars for awhile now. No need to blame Obama.
    Al Qaeda manages to pull off one attack but would hardly be described as a force then and certainly not now.
    You are absolutely wrong about Al Qaeda.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/politi...hreat-experts/

http://www.businessinsider.com/jabha...-threat-2016-1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...pread/4358845/
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think, this article fits that fine

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...m-changes.html
    Like I see that, but FUCK OUR FOOTPRINT! Bureaucratic red tape cost lives. That should never be the case.

Oh some shit stain of 2nd world country might get upset? Tough tit, save our people.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq which has cost the lives of thousands of American soldiers, adversely affected the lives of tens of thousands more, has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in the region and opened the door for the rise of ISIS.

But please, tell us how "lying" about how a riot started in Benghazi changes the course of human history.
    Clinton and her husband both said Iraq had WMDs. She also voted for the use of force.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2016-06-28 at 09:00 PM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes Vyxn we get it, you will parrot the same thing forever and vote for Trump.
    Can we carry on after yout 15th Benghazi thread or should we rub the salt in your face even harder when he sink GOP?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Saying that the report demonstrates her lying, and saying that the report "labeled her as a liar" are two different things. I said the former, not the latter. Even if you just skim the report, you'll agree. http://benghazi.house.gov/sites/repu...acted%20DR.pdf

Trump should scare you. But that's irrelevant. And like I said earlier,
    You said she lied. She didn't. And the report confirms that she did not lie.

Glad we agree on Trump - did you see/read his "speech" while he was in Scotland. Lol's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes Vyxn we get it, you will parrot the same thing forever and vote for Trump.
    Can we carry on after yout 15th Benghazi thread or should we rub the salt in your face even harder when he sink GOP?
    I prefer the latter honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not as if Hillary lying was ever a surprise. The administration lied, we all knew that. That's the problem with the investigations, they were focused on the lies, and not on the failures that led up to the actual event. Administrations lie all the fucking time.

I wonder if the OP was as outraged when the last administration lied about Flight 93, when they said that the passengers took over the plane, and crashed it in order to save lives on the ground. Was he also pissed when the last administration lied about the capture of Jessica Lynch? How angry must he have been when the last administration lied about the death of Pat Tillman.
    You are right. Then again, I would be equally outraged if anyone in that administration ran for President as she is. Do we think that low of our politicians that we just look the other way and reward their lies by voting someone in that Administration to President? I would like to think we expect more out of our leaders. Maybe we dont.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think you're confused. Which report are you referring to?
    I'm fine. You're wishing something existed that didn't. The report I'm referring to is the one that was released today, the one that we've been discussing, the one that the House GOP released.

The report clearly states that Hilary did not lie. If they thought she did, and god forbid had proof, it would be in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I prefer the latter honestly.
    I'm going to have to go with that one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    You are right. Then again, I would be equally outraged if anyone in that administration ran for President as she is. Do we think that low of our politicians that we just look the other way and reward their lies by voting someone in that Administration to President? I would like to think we expect more out of our leaders. Maybe we dont.
    Bush did run for a 2nd term, and got re-elected. Should we be as upset when Trump lies to us? The guy has lied so many times, that it's difficult to keep count.
    I have no plans to vote for her, but it's certainly not because of Benghazi. I simply want to point out that many of the people who are whining about Hillary's lies, seem to have no problem ignoring the lies of those whom they support.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You said she lied. She didn't. And the report confirms that she did not lie.

Glad we agree on Trump - did you see/read his "speech" while he was in Scotland. Lol's.
    Show me where the report confirms that she didn't lie.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have no plans to vote for her, but it's certainly not because of Benghazi. I simply want to point out that many of the people who are whining about Hillary's lies, seem to have no problem ignoring the lies of those whom they support.
    What's really been bugging me is that most people who are in the Hil-hate camp love to tout her lies and conspiracies, but most times cannot point to a single real piece of evidence that demonstrates those "lies". I know that she has her shenanigans, and what politician doesn't, but most of her shit has been blow way out of proportion.