Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Artifact Secret Abilities!?

Ok so I didn't know these existed till just now. I am pretty psyched cause they are cool. But apparently Artifacts have "secret" abilities. Some seem to be combat effective and quite the boon. Other purely cosmetic. Not sure if that disparity is certain or not, I personally don't mind but I know other will. Anyway here is a list I found on Reddit.

Oh sorry if there was another post for this, I did search but didn't find anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...dden_artifact/

Every artifact can do some hidden (as in not written on the item) fun things yes, although we are still discovering more.
    Ones I know of that are missing from that list:

Orgrimmar grunts will enquire about Thrall if they see you wielding the Doomhammer (Enhancement Shaman).
    Some lightning elementals in Stormheim because passive and greet you, instead of being hostile, when you are wielding the Fist of Ra'Den (Elemental Shaman).

Deleted
    Unholy's Apocalypse leaves corpses blighted with a green glow and flies swarming around it.

Felo'melorn leaves killed targets smoking and scorched sometimes.
    Stromkar leaves enemy Troll NPCs in fear.
    The Ashbringer smites weak demons and undeads.
    Heck, the shadow artifact has it's own personality. It's really great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Felo'melorn leaves killed targets smoking and scorched sometimes.
    Stromkar leaves enemy Troll NPCs in fear.
    The Ashbringer smites weak demons and undeads.
    would The Ashbringer cause the paladins in The Scarlet Monastery to kneel as the Corrupted version did?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    would The Ashbringer cause the paladins in The Scarlet Monastery to kneel as the Corrupted version did?
    I don't know. Don't have beta myself, I just write what I've seen so far^^

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Unsure but according to this list it will sometimes just turn them to ash! I think fury warrior is perhaps the coolest, if you die you Odyn resurrects you for 8 seconds and if you live you get to stay alive

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope. Nor the crimson pilgrims in Dalaran. They do react to Light's Wrath though
    lol.

How do you guys feel about other specs getting actual buffs instead of just cosmetic stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    lol.

How do you guys feel about other specs getting actual buffs instead of just cosmetic stuff.
    Might be more coming. As far as I know, no warlock things have been implemented yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    lol.

doesnt bother me at all. not every spec has to have the same thing. not every profession needs to have the same abilities, not every class needs to have the same spells.

i might just be a tiny bit jealous of another classes' unique artifact interactions, but at the same time, i hope somebody of another class might just be a little bit jealous of mine. it balances itself out, for me at least.

nonetheless, creating that tiny desire, adds excitement and encouragement to play my alts for those reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Anyone know what the demon hunter ones might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Anyone know what the demon hunter ones might be?
    Demon Hunters can detect some NPCs in Dalaran who are secret Dreadlords, and kill them for a small amount of Artifact power.
    That's using Demoning Sight, not their artifact, though.

I am only listing it because Protection Paladins can actually do it too, but they need to have the Artifact shield equipped for it to trigger the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Demon Hunters can detect some NPCs in Dalaran who are secret Dreadlords, and kill them for a small amount of Artifact power.
    That's using Demoning Sight, not their artifact, though.

I am only listing it because Protection Paladins can actually do it too, but they need to have the Artifact shield equipped for it to trigger the event.
    I wonder if some of the secrets are gated behind nodes in their trees or not. They obviously haven't added all of them yet

Talonclaw (Survival Hunter) can summon an eagle to fight for you for one minute (with a 3 minute CD) if you drop below 35% health. If you die, your spirit can fly in the Broken Isles as an eagle.

Similarly, Fury Warriors with the Warswords of the Valarjar can save themselves from death. If they die, Odyn will summon a Val'kyr to resurrect you...IF you can kill the thing that killed you in a few moments.

Here's a list of a few more abilities. http://www.wowhead.com/news=252688/h...-blizzard-upda
    Last edited by Destinas; 2016-06-28 at 10:43 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I wish that when spriests and demo locks got together their artifacts would argue with each other.

We actually discussed this at length here if you want to see all the stuff people found:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fact-Abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nope. Nor the crimson pilgrims in Dalaran. They do react to Light's Wrath though
    Crimson Pilgrims? hmmm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Arcane Mage artifact makes fun of you, basically calls you a chump, and can also absorb energy from thigns around the Isles
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    The Arcane Mage artifact makes fun of you, basically calls you a chump, and can also absorb energy from thigns around the Isles
    You can absorb stuff? That wasn't listed previously, this makes me excited to figure out what all the other things are.

Bombkin staff caused the first boss in Darkheart Thicket to stop saying what he normally says during the fight and start talking about the staff a bombkin had in our group.
    Fully voice acted.
    Now THAT'S dedication to this expansion.
    Don't wanna hear anyone say they don't care about this game any more after that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV