Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is also Coriolis effect, which causes rivers to have differently eroded banks, and the Foucault pendulum to slowly rotate. Foucault pendulum can be made at home easily. Any person believing the Earth is flat can do it - good luck interpreting what they see!
    I actually remember doing that experiment. Somewhat mundane to watch, but effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I'd guess the twisted logic for these nuts would be, that NASA already does this: Using state of the art CGI to create pictures of faraway planets and stuff - which of course are all fake. There are no other planets or they'd have to explain why earth is flat and other celestial bodies aren't.
    So the entire universe is a conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Common sense is on the side of the Flat Earthers. And you've never seen the Earth's curvature with your own eyes. In fact, the lack of curvature on the ocean was the thing that led me to becoming one. No one experiences a curved Earth, no one can sense the world "spinning" and nobody can see the ISS from Earth.
    You can see the ISS from earth. Do some research dude .

15+ Year Old Account
    Common sense is on the side of the Flat Earthers. And you've never seen the Earth's curvature with your own eyes. In fact, the lack of curvature on the ocean was the thing that led me to becoming one. No one experiences a curved Earth, no one can sense the world "spinning" and nobody can see the ISS from Earth.
    As Voltaire eloquently put it: Common sense isn't common. Everything boils down to perception and especially socal media can warp people's perception pretty drastically and can sway people away from reason and logic by using emotionally charged and accusative language, and of course de-contextualized quotes and shamelessly altered images. Especially fringe theorists know how to use this trick very well: They call themselves educated thinkers and everyone who follows their path is called awakened even though their basis of proofs is as shaky as a castle built on sand. Then through herd mentality you have this crowd calling for supposedly indoctrinated "sheeple" to "wake up" and see the world as warped as they do. This is why a few people still follow theories like Flat Earth as they do today and are pretty much vocal if not shrill about it.

You "can't see" the Earth's curvature because people don't have a practical use for it any more and therefore rely on sloppy experiments, back then when there were still huge battles at sea or invading ships been expected the observation posts knew to look out for sails first, these days you can just take a plane and see the curvature on clear days by yourself and if that's not enough you just have to wait for an eclipse and check then Earth's shadow being cast onto the moon. I mean I have seen it myself, not sure why others struggle seeing it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    So the entire universe is a conspiracy.
    Cooked up by the Reptilian Rothschilds to conceal God's true identity of L. Ron Hubbard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cooked up by the Reptilian Rothschilds to conceal God's true identity of L. Ron Hubbard.
    Clearly an omnipotent being can be stopped from watching you by simply drawing the curtains.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Clearly an omnipotent being can be stopped from watching you by simply drawing the curtains.
    Still hoping for @Hammerfest to explain the physics to this.

Still hoping for @Hammerfest to explain the physics to this.
    Goddidit..

Just, FFS man. TELESCOPE. RENT ONE. Look at the moon. Look at the moon later. Note the different crater patterns as it is in different stages of its orbit. It's a ball that's spinning. If you get an expensive enough telescope you can probably see the flag. (Though it's bleached white at this point, I think it's still there)
    The moon spins, but to do what you're saying doesn't quite work. I believe it takes an entire earth month for the moon to rotate around. That being said, because it's so slow, it always has the same face towards the earth. Looking at it later will change the shadows you see on the craters, but not the actual location of the craters.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The moon spins, but to do what you're saying doesn't quite work. I believe it takes an entire earth month for the moon to rotate around. That being said, because it's so slow, it always has the same face towards the earth. Looking at it later will change the shadows you see on the craters, but not the actual location of the craters.
    What this man says.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_locking

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    You left out the context. I learned that as I was reading on it and edited the post. It still changes, but much more subtly.

Oh and I was browsing Hammerfest's videos. They pretty much say the exact same thing as he does: "Everything is fake, no we won't provide any sort of evidence or alternate explanation for the evidence beyond that it is fake."

I'm the type of person that tries to always hear evidence presented by both sides, but they sure make it difficult when they don't actually provide any evidence, and just make irrational blanket assertions and assumptions over and over. Fake fake fake fake fake. It actually hurts my brain to listen to. Though a humorous highlight was one of them claiming that the Nazi Freemasons were behind it all.

I always try my best to understand people's positions through reason, but I really need to come to terms with the fact that positions that were not obtained through reason cannot be understood through reason.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-06-28 at 07:37 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about one thing: how has NASA managed to hide its time traveling tech from everyone? I mean, if the Earth is actually flat and not spinning, and we've been lied from NASA this whole time, then NASA should have sent agents to time travel all the way back to Newton's times and brainwash everyone there too!

Even more so, there is evidence that Mayan mathematicians also believed that the Earth wasn't flat and it was spinning... And even in Ancient Greece, I think, someone managed to build a theory of that. That time travel tech is surely great, I want to get my hands on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm curious about one thing: how has NASA managed to hide its time traveling tech from everyone? I mean, if the Earth is actually flat and not spinning, and we've been lied from NASA this whole time, then NASA should have sent agents to time travel all the way back to Newton's times and brainwash everyone there too!

Even more so, there is evidence that Mayan mathematicians also believed that the Earth wasn't flat and it was spinning... And even in Ancient Greece, I think, someone managed to build a theory of that. That time travel tech is surely great, I want to get my hands on it!
    It must all be connected! The aliens (AKA "the lizardmen" as they are derogatorily named by the sheeple of today) allied with the Nazi Freemason New World Order. The aliens would get the rest of the universe all to themselves, and the New World Order would get the time travel and cloaking devices necessary to enact their sinister plot for world domination and hide the true nature of the universe from mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must all be connected! The aliens (AKA "the lizardmen" as they are derogatorily named by the sheeple of today) allied with the Nazi Freemason New World Order. The aliens would get the rest of the universe all to themselves, and the New World Order would get the time travel and cloaking devices necessary to enact their sinister plot for world domination and hide the true nature of the universe from mankind.

But if the world is flat, then where did aliens come from? Oh, wait... Nobody has ever been deep in the ocean, and all footage we have from there is obviously fake. The lizard people live deep underwater and control the world through Nazi Freemason New World Order posing as NASA! We have figured it out, yaaaaay!!!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Basic elementary school level physics classes will tell you why you dont feel the earth spinning.
    Yep, it's one of our basic childhood "facts." They seem very interested in wanting you to believe that you live on a spinning ball, don't they? They want you to know that in Kindergarten, even... before you learn a lot of other, more practical things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    By flat earth logic with a nice telescope or something I could see anywhere in the world as there is direct line of sight. wtf?
    No, just because Flat Earthers believe the Earth is flat, that doesn't mean they think the Earth is smooth.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2016-06-29 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You can see the ISS from earth. Do some research dude .
    You've never seen the ISS from Earth. You can't see the ISS from Earth anymore than you can see the Great Wall Of China from space (even if there was such a thing as space).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    But if the world is flat, then where did aliens come from? Oh, wait... Nobody has ever been deep in the ocean, and all footage we have from there is obviously fake. The lizard people live deep underwater and control the world through Nazi Freemason New World Order posing as NASA! We have figured it out, yaaaaay!!!
    Dude, you totally forgot the Illuminati.

- - - Updated - - -

You've never seen the ISS from Earth. You can't see the ISS from Earth anymore than you can see the Great Wall Of China from space (even if there was such a thing as space).
    I could make a case for space. Call me a space-case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's one of our basic childhood "facts." They seem very interested in you wanting to believe that you live on a spinning ball, don't they? They want you to know that in Kindergarten, even... before you learn a lot of other, more practical things.
    The tech you need practical things to use wouldn't exist without those "impractical" things taught in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Dude, you totally forgot the Illuminati.
    Oh, right, my bad... Um... They probably live deep in undiscovered caves or something!

Is it a satire? If so, nicely done.

You can see the ISS from earth, try it yourself go to "heavens above" and set up your location and see when you can observe it, then hope for good weather and watch it with ya own eyes. And yes you are right for the first time in this thread, you actually cant see the great wall of chine from space. GOOD JOB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You can see the ISS from earth...
    And you haven't.

And you haven't.
    You wouldnt believe it anyway. You need to see it with ya own insightfull truthseeking eyes.