Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    There is only one way to stop that, (that doesn't fuck everyone over) and that is to not give them money but to sell them money - If they need X money and are worth 2X well the government hands them X money, and in return takes X worth of stocks - This is the only way to fuck the right people over when banks needs money.
    The problem is way bigger, many european banks are extremely toxic, hugely in-debt and go bankrupt when the financial holes are found out. The state then has to intervene just to close the money hole in other so save the banking system.

Yes, that's why I said it's a problem of incompetence. Portugal can't even sack its own central bank supervisor because only the BCE has such power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/postrefr...twgr%5Ehashtag if you want to kill any remaining faith in humanity. Although I read a comment that was pretty accurate; "The thing about these new racist incidents is we don't know whether it's a genuine increase or if you just started paying attention"
    My own take is a very small minority of fuckwits have taken the result as a licence or validation. I don't think any opinions have changed.

It's the main reason we will consider moving depending on how this all pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Wasn't it like Remain was sure the country couldn't be crazy enough to vote leave so they would look stronger, while Nigel must be running a long troll.
    It's still a massive shit-show but it's more entertaining (for the wrong reasons) than the EURO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well what's your alternative? How would you've fixed it?

I just hear you say: Austerity bad ... Austerity bad...

I had economics in school and university. I know the theory and i know that the crowding out effects actually could potentially lead to a factor < 1 so spending money could've no effect on GDP growth.

And still: where should the money have come from? AFAIK the UK paid nothing at all.
    A well organized spending-cut (banking including) and keeping the profitable areas untouched, instead of an excel spreadshet formula on an entire nation.

The current formula only led to the poor getting poorer and the rich richer, with the middle class slowly dissapearing.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-06-28 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    This is plain old nonsense. You have some fraction of the top 50% of Eastern european nationals competing with the bottom 25% of UK nationals. Its obvious what will happen in such a situation. The bottom 25% of UK nationals get displaced. You then have to factor in that the Eastern Europeans are mainly in the UK for the short term which allows them to arbitrage any earnings. So £8ph to a UK national has the spending power of £15 to a Eastern European. It ends up being deadly to the UK working class.
    First, how do you explain the British workers as my colleagues? (I have/had Scottish, Irish and ofc English) They were able to find a job and work and yes...working class....Right now I have English, Scottish, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, German colleagues...
    Second, "Schrodinger's immigrant: somehow stealing all your jobs and out of work benefits, at the same time." I laughed (even if I saw it`s 2 different groups, but it still funny)

Wasn't it like Remain was sure the country couldn't be crazy enough to vote leave so they would look stronger, while Nigel must be running a long troll.
    You can assume that when the polls leading up to the vote tell you 40-60 leave or something like that, but if the polls for weeks have been shown to be extremely close you don't leave it up to chance.

Some people are starting to get it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7106996.html

People can't afford it in the short-term and the whole movement has no real leadership. Couple that with the fact that Nigie committed foreign policy harakiri today and well, it's not looking so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    It's still a massive shit-show but it's more entertaining (for the wrong reasons) than the EURO.
    We're out anyway. Didn't even really care about it. This looks more fun. Can't wait for Nigey's next move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can assume that when the polls leading up to the vote tell you 40-60 leave or something like that, but if the polls for weeks have been shown to be extremely close you don't leave it up to chance.
    Didn't really follow it untill the actual vote. I just figured noone could be stupid enough to do it. Especially if it means voting for the thing Nigey wants.

So basically, "Remain" didn't care and "Leave" don't really want to leave as Johnson wanted to appear "gallant" and Nigie-boy loves his EU salary.

I am speechless.
    More like Cameron wanted to win but didn't want to Alienate his party. Boris wanted to lose but by 51-49 which would have wrecked Cameron in number 10. While Labour and Lib Dems were sitting on the sidelines till late May with Corbyn who dislikes the EU being made to make pro EU statements which you could tell he doesn't believe in. Then on day of Voting while all the others were saying how much they were glad to vote in/out. Corbyn was being tight lipped about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Never thought you'd argue for nationalization of banks .
    Its not, Its just the state utilizing its superior bargaining position, if they can find money elsewhere lovely, if they cant, well there is no clause that demands the state be nice.
    I'm very stridently against banks, for the very simple reason, that their debts are always, effectively, underwritten by the governments credit card - and that means, they need to pay, either in a banking tax but since they mind those, well then its steep, very steep, interest rates on the credit card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    After Brexit and Grexit, we need words for other countries leaving the EU.

Czechout
    Oustria
    Byegium
    Finish
    Italeave
    Departugal
    I lawled thank you!
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

We're out anyway. Didn't even really care about it. This looks more fun. Can't wait for Nigey's next move.
    Go to Moscow and ask for support for the Brexit while Putin looks at him like he asked him to give up the Caucasus. When denied Nigel will proclaim that this is an evil empire, go back to London and try to take over Labor.

Deleted
    I like how the EU manned up and says: you want to leave... we are sorry, but we understand. Now, there is the door, chop-chop mate.
    While the UK Leave politicans mumble something about that they will delay Brexit negotiations so people can go on holiday first.

I would like it more if this was only a monty python skit though

Deleted
    Personally, I think the whole thing was given to people who didn't care about what they were doing. Even an accountancy student could have handled that shit-show better.
    the reality of it was it needed to be seen to be painful to restore confidence - whether it was actually helpful was not of concern.
    Since people are going to misunderstand this, the governments needed to be seen to be capable of doing unpopular and unpalatable things, so as to ensure borrowers that they would do what was required to pay the bills -

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    I like how the EU manned up and says: you want to leave... we are sorry, but we understand. Now, there is the door, chop-chop mate.
    While the UK Leave politicans mumble something about that they will delay Brexit negotiations so people can go on holiday first.

I would like it more if this was only a monty python skit though
    I actually felt bad for Juncker and the other MEP's today. They have to be calm and collected while this whole mess plays out.

Deleted
    Some people are starting to get it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7106996.html

People can't afford it in the short-term and the whole movement has no real leadership. Couple that with the fact that Nigie committed foreign policy harakiri today and well, it's not looking so good.
    "the European leaders will see the danger of Brexit contagion and offer the British, and the wider Eurosceptic movement across Europe, something that recognises people’s concerns, meaning probably some brakes on migration."

So what he's saying is that the EP must give the UK good deals or other countries might leave? Sure it isn't the opposite? I mean if anyone can blackmail the EP to give them the best deals why wouldn't others vote for whateverXIT? Or am I misunderstanding?

I actually felt bad for Juncker and the other MEP's today. They have to be calm and collected while this whole mess plays out.
    Everytime I have seen the EU Parliament at work, unless it is some UKIPPER making some disparaging to outright insulting comments it usually tends to be calm and dignified.

"the European leaders will see the danger of Brexit contagion and offer the British, and the wider Eurosceptic movement across Europe, something that recognises people’s concerns, meaning probably some brakes on migration."

So what he's saying is that the EP must give the UK good deals or other countries might leave? Sure it isn't the opposite? I mean if anyone can blackmail the EP to give them the best deals why wouldn't others vote for whateverXIT? Or am I misunderstanding?
    He is considering being part of the EEA to not be a Brexit.

Deleted

It's the Independent...what did you expect? Quality journalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Everytime I have seen the EU Parliament at work, unless it is some UKIPPER making some disparaging to outright insulting comments it usually tends to be calm and dignified.
    Most of the MEPs are there to get things done and return to being MPs or party members back home. 'Kippers just like to bring in the lulz.