Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Couldn't even read this entire story about "hero balance" but I've seen enough people complain about this crap anyways.

A game with so many heroes with so many different abilities, strengths/weakness. There will NEVER be what any single fan deems "balanced"

the way I see this game so far, it already balanced. People seem to think this should run and be managed like standard FPS titles like CoD or Battlefield; but it's not even close to being the same thing.

Sidenote: I wonder if you went to the Battleborne megathread, if people are complaining about this same exact stuff.....because that's really the only other game out on the market that's even close to similar to Overwatch lol

I think the main problem with bastion is that when he is in the minigun form, his ability to move the turret is way too fast for the amount of damage it does. I think reducing the speed at which he can spin would make him a little more bearable. That being said he can be countered pretty easily otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstunna69 View Post
    I think the main problem with bastion is that when he is in the minigun form, his ability to move the turret is way too fast for the amount of damage it does. I think reducing the speed at which he can spin would make him a little more bearable. That being said he can be countered pretty easily otherwise.
    Nahhhh, it moves exactly as fast as it needs to for how many classes can outrange him
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Just delete Genji, that's all I really want.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Just delete Genji, that's all I really want.
    lol - his Deflection/Shoot combo does borderline on the nuisance that Flash/FanHammer combo brought upon the world of Overwatch

but I've only seen a handful of players who can dominate with Genji, some of them are either too aggressive and get ganged up on, or they're panzies and never get into the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    only problem i got at this moment is the ridiculous damage of reaper on big targets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    only problem i got at this moment is the ridiculous damage of reaper on big targets
    But that's what he does. He kills tanks (And ults to kill the rest).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But that's what he does. He kills tanks (And ults to kill the rest).
    Up close he just deletes people, tanks or not, given a steady aim. It's 140 damage per shot, even if you don't land all the pellets it's usually a 2-shot for a standard combat class.

Luckily most people can't aim that well, and everything Reaper does makes a ton of noise, so you can often chase him away if not outright kill before he jumps you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    Up close he just deletes people, given a steady aim. 140 damage per shot.

Luckily most people can't aim that well, and everything Reaper does makes a ton of noise, so you can often chase him away if not outright kill before he jumps you.
    That's the thing. He needs to get close before he can do damage. So they balanced that by making him loud. If he still gets close, you get destroyed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Ways to deal with reflecting Genji:

1. Stop Shooting.
    2. Zarya roasts him, her weapon dont reflect
    3. Winston roast him, his weapon dont deflect
    4. Pharah, shoot beside him and splash-damage him
    5. Junkrat, throw mine beside him and splash-damage him
    6. Reinhardt roasts him, his weapon dont reflect

Maybe more, that are the first ones that come to my mind.
    symmetras turrets and her laser.
    he cant reflect that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    That's the thing. He needs to get close before he can do damage. So they balanced that by making him loud. If he still gets close, you get destroyed
    Yes, Reaper seems pretty balanced all things considered.

One hero I can't find a clear answer to is "Junkrat in a limited space", like most of Lijiang Tower for example, where Pharah can't really fly. The damage, the splash, the traps, the 120 dmg on conc mine and constant ult-spam quickly gets overwhelming. I realize he's not much used in competitive, but since I'm not on that level (and neither are most players), I'm still looking for the easiest way to get rid of the pest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Reaper seems pretty balanced all things considered.

One hero I can't find a clear answer to is "Junkrat in a limited space", like most of Lijiang Tower for example, where Pharah can't really fly. The damage, the splash, the traps, the 120 dmg on conc mine and constant ult-spam quickly gets overwhelming. I realize he's not much used in competitive, but since I'm not on that level (and neither are most players), I'm still looking for the easiest way to get rid of the pest.
    In all the Lijiang areas there's multiple ways onto the objective. The Market one is probably the most restrictive, but in the two others you can flank and get a height advantage over him quite easily, and if you have a character with decent range and damage, you can do considerable damage to him from there. Also, if he has his mine/Trap down, see if you can find it before you step in it and destroy it. It'll alert him, but it's better than stepping in it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePitch View Post
    6 turrets will kill most heroes in < 2 seconds. lol

all heroes can kill a turret with 1 point of damage.

Also, 2 seconds is forever in Overwatch, and even then, putting 6 turrets in one area is not very effective. Either they'll realize you've set up a death-trap room and avoid it, or they'll just throw some bombs and destroy your turrets. Sorry, but it's kind of a "git gut" on that one.

Deleted
    In all the Lijiang areas there's multiple ways onto the objective. The Market one is probably the most restrictive, but in the two others you can flank and get a height advantage over him quite easily, and if you have a character with decent range and damage, you can do considerable damage to him from there. Also, if he has his mine/Trap down, see if you can find it before you step in it and destroy it. It'll alert him, but it's better than stepping in it for sure
    I'm talking about fighting on the actual objective. The other day the enemy team went 2 spamrats + Lucio on market, once they took the point they became impossible to dislodge. Sure, you win some and lose some, but in that case I couldn't think of a hero to switch to to even begin evicting them. Any tank - instantly spammed down, DPS can't get through the door, heals can't keep up. 0-100 loss.

And what triggers me about the mine isn't when it's on the ground, but how easy it is to throw it in front of you for bonus damage. Most rats my level just jump around spamming, when even one shot manages to graze you they throw the conc in your general direction and boom, 240 damage instantly. More people seem to hate Mei more than the rat, but I actually find fighting Meis easier, the rat is just... oppressive, and doesn't have obvious hero swap answers like most of the others.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-06-28 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about fighting on the actual objective. The other day the enemy team went 2 spamrats + Lucio on market, once they took the point they became impossible to dislodge. Sure, you win some and lose some, but in that case I couldn't think of a hero to switch to to even begin thinking about evicting them. 0-100 loss.

And what triggers me about the mine isn't when it's on the ground, but how easy it is to throw it in front of you for bonus damage. Most rats my level just jump around spamming, when even one shot manages to graze you they throw the conc in your general direction and boom. More people seem to hate Mei more than the rat, but I actually find fighting Meis easier, the rat is just... oppressive, and doesn't have obvious hero swap answers like most of the others.
    The Market is probably the hardest to win back because half the entrances can be locked down by anyone with a knockback, and the other half has no cover. However a Soldier, I imagine, would do somewhat well there, due to being able to shoot at them from pretty far away pretty easily, if not killing some then at least distracting enough to make them move around so the rest of the team can get in..
    That is if your team wants to cooperate, which they don't seem to want to do in random games

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    My issue with hero balance is something i dont think will ever change. I still play the game due to a lack of alternatives, but Overwatch doesnt have anything special thatll keep me from leaving when something else comes out. The thing i dislike is the rock-paper-scissors effect. No team consists of only one type of hero, so its mostly based on luck who i run in to. I know the basics of not running into their team as Mercy and sticking near the payload as a tank. But when they have for example 5 rocks and a scissors, i can have bad luck as paper and run into the one scissors. When i die or lose, i want it to be because i can point out my own mistakes; I had bad aim, moved the wrong way or forgot to check a corner. Not because i got unlucky and ran into a counter. I really enjoy that heroes have vastly different kits, but imo they should all be balanced more evenly against each other. The games i win can still feel terrible because i died a lot, and the games i lose can still feel great because i played well. But as long as theres enough frustration from bad luck and running into counters, the good games will never stick in my mind.

I'm talking about fighting on the actual objective. The other day the enemy team went 2 spamrats + Lucio on market, once they took the point they became impossible to dislodge. Sure, you win some and lose some, but in that case I couldn't think of a hero to switch to to even begin evicting them. Any tank - instantly spammed down, DPS can't get through the door, heals can't keep up. 0-100 loss.

And what triggers me about the mine isn't when it's on the ground, but how easy it is to throw it in front of you for bonus damage. Most rats my level just jump around spamming, when even one shot manages to graze you they throw the conc in your general direction and boom, 240 damage instantly. More people seem to hate Mei more than the rat, but I actually find fighting Meis easier, the rat is just... oppressive, and doesn't have obvious hero swap answers like most of the others.
    A coordinated flank with characters who do that well get rid of Junkrat pretty easily, but I assume you solo queue.

Aslong as you don't get trapped Junkrats get mauled by something like double Winston for example, but you obviously need your team to control the frontliners like Roadhog for you then.

I feel Zarya does well too, but then you're even more reliant on your team killing them while you soak up the damage you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't go into details, but general thoughs:

Genji need a HUGE nerf. Tracer need a HUGE nerf. Mei need some nerfing. Dva need a minor nerf (slowed/stunned as construct is destroyed or similar).

Roadhog needs a buff. Widowmaker need to be a bit un-nerfed. Hanzo need a buff. Zenyatta need a HUGE buff.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    The only hero I think needs a damage nerf is Bastion. His turret mode, especially for him to be a Defense hero,
    just does too much fucking damage.

I'm all in favor for a longer cooldown when swapping forms, and a longer wind up before full damage (maybe even
    an ammo nerf so he has to reload more often). Either way, he needs to get reeled in. He has far too many pros
    as opposed to his cons. (Arguably highest single target burst in the game, a self heal to full (no cooldown), and can
    swap between forms (no cooldown). The only con is that he has to be stationary when in his turret mode. That's it.

As it is, Genji does counter him, but not as strongly. Once a Bastion player encounters a Genji, you simply shoot in
    short burst to make the Genji trigger his Deflect. Once it wears off, return fire. Bastion will kill him far quicker than
    Genji will kill him at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Won't go into details, but general thoughs:

Genji need a HUGE nerf. Tracer need a HUGE nerf. Mei need some nerfing. Dva need a minor nerf (slowed/stunned as construct is destroyed or similar).

Roadhog needs a buff. Widowmaker need to be a bit un-nerfed. Hanzo need a buff. Zenyatta need a HUGE buff.
    Please go into details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.