Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    There won't be a second referendum. I think they will stall until September, Brussels will give them a bad deal, they will vote against it in the parliament and that would be it.
    Brussels won't negotiate without them triggering Art. 50 though. So there will be nothing to vote against.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Think of it this way. One persons spending is another persons income (if you think about it this is obviously true as wherever you work or whatever you do, your income is dependent on someone else spending to buy what you produce/make).
    And exactly here is the problem, because people necessarily do not spend all their income.
    Some transfer it out of the country and stash it somewhere and that is where you have to make cuts, you cannot just increase spending hoping that drain will have a relatively smaller effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But the fiancial heart could simply move. Like investors already start to do. They were in London because London was a logical choice. Right now, London is an unlogical choice. Even if you dont leave: damage is already done and will happen until there is no doubt left.
    50-70 000 jobs will be lost in Londons financial sector according by estimates. There is no reason to have London as a center as of yet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Sign the article now or get back in line.
    There is nothing else, for - against, in - out.
    What will it be?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no good deal, UK have to bump its head against the toll on wares and services like any non-member without a signed treaty.
    That's the point I am trying to make - they won't press the button but they will get something very nasty from Brussels to take back to parliament.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a second referendum. I think they will stall until September, Brussels will give them a bad deal, they will vote against it in the parliament and that would be it.
    Those negotiations won't happen until the UK invokes Article 50, and when they put that ball in motion there's no stopping it from the UK's side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But Sovereignty?

And seriously out of all the EU states the one that wants to leave is that one kid that sits at the adult table and gets to eat chocolate every day.
    We just worked out the whole immigration/free trade for nowt thing is a non starter so..... We now demand all the best EU butter half price for our crumpets instead!

Seriously, I don't think there is any coming back from this as nobody is going to eat enough humble pie. Even if we get to where cool heads might prevail to make something workable Farage et al will say something inflammatory just for shits and giggles because he can't stop himself.

Deleted
    I asked 5 times for an alternative to Austerity. Yet noone seems to have one.

It is easy to be against X and Y. Perhaps it is time for propositions what could be improved and how could this be achieved?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I asked 5 times for an alternative to Austerity. Yet noone seems to have one.

It is easy to be against X and Y. Perhaps it is time for propositions what could be improved and how could this be achieved?
    I did gave you one some pages ago. The problem isn't austerity as a concept, the problem was the blind application of it.

Even the EU, the BCE and FMI failed to solve the main reason of the financial crisis in the countries where intervened, the banking system.

What a time to be alive man

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    If we leave the EU and the problems are still there, who do they blame next?
    If the last GEs (and history) are anything to go by; Scots.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    We just worked out the whole immigration/free trade for nowt thing is a non starter so..... We now demand all the best EU butter half price for our crumpets instead!

Seriously, I don't think there is any coming back from this as nobody is going to eat enough humble pie. Even if we get to where cool heads might prevail to make something workable Farage et al will say something inflammatory just for shits and giggles because he can't stop himself.
    Logically you would think Farage wants us in, UKIP being a single issue party that just lost its core reason for existence should be cut off at the knees now. Unfortunately the reality seems to be that both mainstream political parties are so utterly shambolic that UKIP are about to replace Labour because the PLP has no interest in trying to tap into the anti establishment resentment among the working class, promise a better future for people that aren't bankers and actually woo back it's heartlands. Nope they would rather try and kill Corbyn so they can put in another establishment candidate that doesn't resonate with anyone.

Deleted
    That's the point I am trying to make - they won't press the button but they will get something very nasty from Brussels to take back to parliament.
    If Brussels were to give them any treaty, UK would have the option to vote against it, save face and get out of this situation. While that might be desirable, on the other hand EU would be called the big bad wolf for trying to coerce/con them into taking a crap treaty.

Plus every other country with a significant eurosceptic party would try to negotiate extra benefits for themselves, otherwise they threatened to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post

I am laughing my ass off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    When Germany talks about austerity, they don't mean cut a number in a spreadsheet and be done with it. They're talking about actually doing something useful with the money. Don't pay someone if you don't get something out of it. If there's a 1 person job, use 1 person for it and rather use the money to create 9 other jobs for the other 9 people, so you get something of value out the other side.
    But that the main issue, it wasn't applied as such. The other 9 people didn't got new jobs because of the recession created by the measures, ending up on the lines of the subsidized job-less workers. And only now, at least in Portugal, the real problem is finally being discovered, the banking system.

I have no idea what NGE has to do with Brexit but that was fucking amazing. Highlight was definitely when England flew into space with Boris Johnson as it's head. I'm crying with laughter right now. Actually I know what NGE has to do with Brexit now, it's fucking bonkers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill give it a 1.33 out of 1.48.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    If Brussels were to give them any treaty, UK would have the option to vote against it, save face and get out of this situation. While that might be desirable, on the other hand EU would be called the big bad wolf for trying to coerce/con them into taking a crap treaty.

Plus every other country with a significant eurosceptic party would try to negotiate extra benefits for themselves, otherwise they threatened to leave.
    Meh. I think they will find a way to pull a Tsipras and just move on. Merkel, Juncker and Holande are probably in on Cameron and Johnson's shenanigans and know what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ill give it a 1.33 out of 1.48.
    I c wut u did thar. Huehue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    But how would that work. Best case scenario, (from Nigey's dreams) nothing changes, the UK can back out of this BS, and everyone just forgets it. Realistic scenario, the UK will get a much worse deal than they have now but at least they get to keep their membership, or they get fuk all and leave for good.

Why would any country, eurosceptic or not try to imitate that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Why would any country, eurosceptic or not try to imitate that?
    Depends how the EU get their shit together the next months.