Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Attack on airport in Istanbul

http://news.sky.com/story/1718871/ex...tanbul-reports

Is ISIS at it again? Did someone post this already? Figured it may have been, but i can't find any threads about it.

Yeah just saw this, following along using the reddit live thread (https://www.reddit.com/live/x6320sn8e8e8). Sounds awful, 3 explosions, at least 50 injured, who knows how many dead.

Apparently up to 10 martyrs so far, that is a large scale attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep its looking like ISIS, whole attack seems like their MO. Apparently somebody entered and starting shooting also, there's pics of an AK laying on the floor there at the airport somewhere on twitter

Man some really powerful videos on that live thread, watch with care, at least one shows an up close to one of the bombs exploding. I only hope the worse is past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stink like IS all the way.
    And in the end someone who post a picture of erdogan and Gollum together will end up in jail.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Christ, those videos. I'm immediately worried by how... regular these kinds of events are feeling.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-06-28 at 09:35 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Stink like IS all the way.
    And in the end someone who post a picture of erdogan and Gollum together will end up in jail.
    Could be PKK too though.
    We'll learn who it was soon enough I guess.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They aren't very intelligent. If they keep blowing themselves up they (ISIS) won't have any followers left.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    They aren't very intelligent. If they keep blowing themselves up they (ISIS) won't have any followers left.
    Yet they still have plenty of followers to go with. If only.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Unfortunately their stupid ideology makes it such that for every 1 dead 10 more follow up to that martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Christ... those videos. I'm immediately worried by how... regular these kinds of events are feeling.

Thanks for the warning. I'll steer clear. Not sure why people like seeing such things. Experienced enough bombings for one lifetime.

How many more Attacks will it take before the world is ok with full scale ISIS erradication?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Could be PKK too though.
    We'll learn who it was soon enough I guess.
    Tourist related = IS. Dont know for sure obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How many more Attacks will it take before the world is ok with full scale ISIS erradication?
    Got any genius solution to the problem that all our politicians failed to pinpoint?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be IS, and likely is.
    But since this is Turkey, there are several options.

I saw that and came to check for a thread but no one made one before.

Airports being insecure is really really bad.

Not until America gets bombed too. (i hope they won't)

Unfortunately a dozen deaths here or 50 deaths there will not rile the entire world to agree to the destruction of ISIS.
    There was a time when a single Archduke getting popped in the noggin whipped the whole world into a war. Nowadays, all that will happen is the victim country will release a statement that they are "deeply concerned."

That, and there is no cut and dry way to eliminate ISIS or we would have done it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I'll steer clear. Not sure why people like seeing such things. Experienced enough bombings for one lifetime.
    The ones in the sky news article are fine, but there others you can find that you may not like to watch.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Tourist related = IS. Dont know for sure obviously.
    Some CCN correspondent just said, that it could also be another Islamic terror group, because Turkey signed a new peace treaty with Israel today.

Russia keeps vetoing UN resolutions because they don't want to lose their good ally Assad, the president of the Shiite part of Syria. But yeah, if it wasn't for Russia the UN would be in Syria right now, no Syrian Sunni refugees flooding Europe, etc.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-06-28 at 09:33 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland