Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They could easily go into a crowed shopping mall or school. Probably much less security there too.
    School shootings terrify the local population.
    Airport attacks terrify the world, people from all nations can be present. I see what you mean, and if they were going for a sheer loss of life a school or mall would be better, but for instilling fear and terror I think an airport is towards the top of the list.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to all families.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its Islam not ISIS

its a Religion they believe they will be "rewarded" for blowing themselves up like this
    they believe they are doing the right thing

these people are not evil they are in a cult that has brainwashed them

Don't derail with religion bashing
    Nononono. Islam is against this. Its nowhere written.

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
    Quran (9:111) - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."

Quran (2:207) - "And there is the type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah..."

Quran (61:10-12) "O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty? That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement." This verse was given at the battle Uhud and uses the Arabic word, Jihad.

The dark-eyed virgins are mentioned in several places as well, including verses 44:54 and 52:20. For those who swing the other way, there are "perpetual youth" verse 6:17, otherwise known as "boys" in verses 52:24 and 76:19.

Quran (17:33) "And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right." An important verse that is used by martyrdom bombers to not only justify their own deaths, but that of other bystanders who might be believers as well. The end justifies the means, with the goal being the defeat of the kafir and the establishment of Islamic rule.
    ukhari (52:54) - The words of Muhammad: "I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred." This is why modern-day Jihadists often say that they love death.

Muslim (20:4678) - During the battle of Uhud, Muhammad was desperate to push men into battle. He promised paradise for those who would martyr themselves, prompting a young man who was eating dates to throw them away and rush to his death.

Muslim (20:4655) - A man asks Muhammad "which of men is the best?" Muhammad replies that it is the man who is always ready for battle and flies into it "seeking death at places where it can be expected." (The next most saintly man in Islam is the hermit who lives in isolation "sparing men from his mischief.")

Muslim (20:4681) - "Surely, the gates of Paradise are under the shadows of the swords." After hearing Muhammad say that martyrdom leads to paradise, a young man pulls his sword and breaks the sheath (indicating that he has no intention of returning) then flings himself into battle until he is killed.

Muslim (20.4635) - Muhammad: "Nobody who enters Paradise will (ever like to) return to this world even if he were offered everything on the surface of the earth (as an inducement) except the martyr who will desire to return to this world and be killed ten times for the sake of the great honor that has been bestowed upon him."
    See.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is NOT about the religion of Islam. This is not about any religion. Derailing this thread into bashing a religion (any religion) or discussing that religion's tenants, point of view, ethics, and the like is not the purpose here. The thread is about the bombing, who might have done it, and what the response is to it. That's it.

Stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Please stop pinning this on Islam we don't know who is responsible right now.
    Does it matter?

Call me a pessimist, but how the world reacts depends entirely on whether or not this has to do with Islam, or whether it is PC to condemn the group behind this.

I kinda hope it's an Irish guy. Shake it up a little. I wanna see how we deal with a group of gingers going nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they blew up a security checkpoint waiting line. That sucks even more.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Got any genius solution to the problem that all our politicians failed to pinpoint?
    Well America should close it's borders and let those countries deal with their own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So, they blew up a security checkpoint waiting line. That sucks even more.

Yeah. The irony in that is amaze balls

"You'll be safe...once you get through this check in. Those of you in line, good luck."

I think this is what people mean when you talk about Liberty vs security.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well America should close it's borders and let those countries deal with their own problems.
    Pundits are saying the reason South America is so screwed up at the moment, Brazil, Venezuela is because the US stopped meddling.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Or.... We destroy their county and everyone in it, and build condos,golf courses and shopping malls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Pundits are saying the reason South America is so screwed up at the moment is because the US stopped meddling.
    US can't win. People piss and moan if we meddle, then piss an moan when we stop meddling and the country falls to shit. Other than China, Russia, England and India, the US should be running your country, you would be a lot better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Or.... We destroy their county and everyone in it, and build condos,golf courses and shopping malls.
    Who's country? ISIS doesn't have a country. You would be killing millions of innocents if you glassed any single country ISIS is acting out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Pundits are saying the reason South America is so screwed up at the moment, Brazil, Venezuela is because the US stopped meddling.
    Yeah I have a hard time believing that. They fucked themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time he's done it, nor would be it be unprecedented in world history but hey, go on with your uninformed self.
    So, which other terrorist attack did he orchestrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Yeah. The irony in that is amaze balls

"You'll be safe...once you get through this check in. Those of you in line, good luck."

I think this is what people mean when you talk about Liberty vs security.
    Well, nobody knows how many more casualties there would've been if it was a walk-in-airport like the ones we have in western Europe. It's really hard to prevent all casualties without stopping the terrorist before he actually goes out to act upon his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post

- - - Updated - - -

US can't win. People piss and moan if we meddle, then piss an moan when we stop meddling and the country falls to shit. Other than China, Russia, England and India, the US should be running your country, you would be a lot better off.
    This I agree with. I forget when, but I recall a few articles about how America was being an asshole for not meddling with the Middle East.

If you are gonna be hated no matter what, I say act in your interest. Let the haters hate. Fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    So, which other terrorist attack did he orchestrate?

Well, nobody knows how many more casualties there would've been if it was a walk-in-airport like the ones we have in western Europe. It's really hard to prevent all casualties without stopping the terrorist before he actually goes out to act upon his plans.
    Those long lines actually make it easier to kill more people because everyone is so tightly grouped, damned if you do damned if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

This I agree with. I forget when, but I recall a few articles about how America was being an asshole for not meddling with the Middle East.

If you are gonna be hated no matter what, I say act in your interest. Let the haters hate. Fuck em.
    I'm more interested in helping our own country, those other countries can fend for themselves.

Those long lines actually make it easier to kill more people because everyone is so tightly grouped, damned if you do damned if you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more interested in helping our own country, those other countries can fend for themselves.
    There is no real solution. Can't let them into the airport, but you have so much traffic that they will still have plenty targets.

I say Turkey is fine. People died. Sucks but people would fire regardless. Considering it was less that 9/11 and we don't have planes being used as bombs, I say it's a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    body count says there's 28 dead right now. poor people.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no real solution. Can't let them into the airport, but you have so much traffic that they will still have plenty targets.

I say Turkey is fine. People died. Sucks but people would fire regardless. Considering it was less that 9/11 and we don't have planes being used as bombs, I say it's a win.
    how the hell is people dying a win? what is wrong with you?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    body count says there's 28 dead right now. poor people.

- - - Updated - - -

how the hell is people dying a win? what is wrong with you?

Less people dying is a win. How can you not see that?

30 or so people dying > 3000 or so people dying. It's basic damn math.

10+ Year Old Account
    needless to say, that POS Trump uses the event already again for his fear mongering.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Less people dying is a win. How can you not see that?

30 or so people dying > 3000 or so people dying. It's basic damn math.
    I wouldn't compare every attack with 9/11. Don't disrespect civilian casualties like that. It's not a competition of who got the worst terrorism attack.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.