Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post
    $160M Budget $420M revenue. Its not in the black?
    $160M doesn't cover marketing costs, which (despite common beliefs) studios actually do what to recoup. That being said, the $500M break even point did seem pretty high. The most recent article I read actually had the target at $450M so given the countries it was opening in this week the movie SHOULD break even.

Still, the movie did fucking awful here in the US. Not necessarily a nail in the coffin, but it's certainly something that will be taken into account if a sequel is considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    $160M doesn't cover marketing costs, which (despite common beliefs) studios actually do what to recoup. That being said, the $500M break even point did seem pretty high. The most recent article I read actually had the target at $450M so given the countries it was opening in this week the movie SHOULD break even.

Still, the movie did fucking awful here in the US. Not necessarily a nail in the coffin, but it's certainly something that will be taken into account if a sequel is considered.
    even $450m seems high to me.

it did poorly in the US because of bad marketing here(like none). also idiots here are sheep that listen to critics and dont form their own opinions.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post

it did poorly in the US because of bad marketing here(like none). also idiots here are sheep that listen to critics and dont form their own opinions.
    The Transformers series would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The Transformers series would like a word with you.
    Been around a long ass time
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    The director said hes going to make 3 movies and then pass the project to someone else who is willing to do it. So with 2 more movies to go i think they want to give the new audience a good insight of the warcraft universe. How's that gonna work out? Action>Action>Action alot of cutscenes / fastforwarding and not so much in depth detailed lore. So x3 epic movies and then filler movies like for example Lord of the rings and Hobbit. So i think we can expect in the next movie based upon how the first movie ended up with the alliance forming, and Thrall put into the lake that thrall will grow up in some point of the movie, and him beginning/forming the new horde (wich can possibly be the end of the movie with thrall and the others yelling For the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Its a massive flop in the us and china numbers are fraud.

Deal with it. It was bad.

Sorry
    It was good u cant call china numbers a fraud deal with it stop hating on blizzard for ending wotlk and stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yea but just asking since u can stream anything these days who will buy dvd's lol
    You can certainly make the leap that many gamers are more likely to stream it or even worse for the sequel pirate it from some torrent. I hope the make one either way and Duncan stays on for it. He seemed far more involved and excited about this movie then most directors get about their projects.

- - - Updated - - -

It got far more marketing then most movies do, they have been running commercials for it for the last 5 months on both TV and at the theaters. It has a Super Bowl add. You don't get much more mainstream then that in the states. I will certainly admit that many people had a serious hate crush on this movie and the idea of it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

One thing that should be taken into consideration, is that IF blizzard want to make sure another movie get done, THEY can make it happen, all they have to do is put the money themselves to make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They said a few weeks ago they needed to get over 500 million. They made back what it cost to shoot the film, but that isn't the only cost. How or why the cost of the movie when all is said and done is double the shooting costs who knows. It could have been a flub and 500 million was their target number, either way they are short of it by an awful lot right now.
    dude, movies keep on making money well after their release. There are tons of cinema re-runs, DVD , Blu-ray sales, royalties etc, - this all adds to the number, not to mention generations of wow gamer fans will watch the movie, buy it on dvd, and anyone who is drawn to the game.

so, it will easily make its quota I can assure.

Deleted
    Yeah, Americans are so stupid and lazy that they even let other people decide what they should enjoy and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    dude, movies keep on making money well after their release. There are tons of cinema re-runs, DVD , Blu-ray sales, royalties etc, - this all adds to the number, not to mention generations of wow gamer fans will watch the movie, buy it on dvd, and anyone who is drawn to the game.

so, it will easily make its quota I can assure.
    Thanks for repeating things I have already said. I would say excellent points, but then that seems like patting myself on the back.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Sounds more like a fan fantasy than a realistic plot of Warcraft 2, based on what we saw in WC1. I don't think we'll see dragons, rexxar and gnomes in WC2. Or Ner'zhul for that matter.

Most characters already survived in WC1, so there isn't room for that many new characters really. It works in the warcraft books and games, but not in a film that wants to appeal to a large mainstream audience. I think the new characters will mainly be various kings from the other kingdoms, the new paladins (Uther in particular since he needs to be in an eventual WC3), and the shadow council, as well as Grom (in a speaking role) for the Orc side.
    I like the idea of melding characters together for the purposes of the general audience. I had the idea myself that Gul'dan might serve the same function as Ner'zhul seeing as he isn't introduced in the first movie. I could see them using Gul'dan as a sort of all-encompassing "big bad" (with the help from a demon, maybe). Perhaps he could develop some sort of purpose for defeating the Legion after being betrayed in the Tomb of Sargeras (becoming the Lich King?).

I agree that they need to develop Khadgar and Lothar's relationship more. I like their dynamics. I'm trying to figure out how they'll develop Orgrim... he is supposed to be the new warchief, no? The frostwolves are supposed to be found by Thrall at a certain point, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So there's not going to be just one film but a series of films mimicking the series of games?

Awesome, I can skip the first two films then and just watch the one with the good story XD