Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd rather not ANYONE be harassed, or assaulted while practicing their 1st amendment rights, and this is coming from a former Active duty soldier that has been in confrontations with members of the WBC.
    I was under the impression those were just a gaggle of annoying clowns but otherwise harmless and not at all prone to violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't think negroes are the opposite of Nazis, lol.
    Yes the basis of the comparison was the relation between Nazis and African Americans.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine people asking if i'd like to do this, and me turning them down because I have shit to do.

Seeing the millenials living with their parents is becoming the new normal maybe the protesters had nothing else to do that day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Marxists are not opposed to democracy.
    That's rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont have any problem with them getting their asses kicked. They are the ones causing all the violence at every other event that they disagree with, and quite frankly its nice to see them on the other side of the stick for a change
    Even more funny when they act like victims after the fact.

They're the Pittburgh Steelers of politics. Rationalizing their blatent rule breaking, while moaning when someone reciprocates.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "we are acting in self-defense"

So this is what happens when you teach people that words are equivalent to violence and personal damage?
    I mean the second I heard the report I knew the crowd attacked them claiming ideas and words are reasons to defend themselves by physically attacking. I mean look at the violence from anti Trump protesters. The Trump supporters are almost never the ones instigating with violence.

The new left is more and more looking more fascist than left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

You know when the Negroes come together and start marching through our neighborhoods, they are askin' for it.

Also a problem or?
    anyway, As always, Antifa, the group that can always be relied upon to not get the irony of using violence politically and calling themselves anti - fascist.
    I mean these kids today(adults) seem to not know what liberal and left mean. When you say "obey and listen or get hurt" that's not left.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I was under the impression those were just a gaggle of annoying clowns but otherwise harmless and not at all prone to violence.
    they aren't, they try to bait people into hitting them so they can sue.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A whole lot of nazi-apologism in this thread. There is never a "I don't like nazis, but..." That "but" just shows your true intent: to excuse all of the behavior of nazis and the other associated white supremacists while pretending on the surface to be reasonable. There is nothing reasonable about nazism and defending it just shows you are a closet nazi spreading that vile filth while playing the victim when you receive the much deserved response.

But keep marking yourselves and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    A whole lot of nazi-apologism in this thread. There is never a "I don't like nazis, but..." That "but" just shows your true intent: to excuse all of the behavior of nazis and the other associated white supremacists while pretending on the surface to be reasonable. There is nothing reasonable about nazism and defending it just shows you are a closet nazi spreading that vile filth while playing the victim when you receive the much deserved response.

But keep marking yourselves and all...
    Defending the 1st amendment isn't defending Nazism.

Everyone should be protected under the 1st amendment, even unpopular or disgusting opinions. Maybe on kepler-452b it's okay to stifle free speech because you disagree with the message, but not here on Earth.

Deleted

Everyone should be protected under the 1st amendment, even unpopular or disgusting opinions. Maybe on kepler-452b it's okay to stifle free speech because you disagree with the message, but not here on Earth.
    What is the neo nazis even saying?

Deleted
    A whole lot of nazi-apologism in this thread. There is never a "I don't like nazis, but..." That "but" just shows your true intent: to excuse all of the behavior of nazis
    Free speech doesn't stop being a thing just because you don't like what the other person is saying. You don't get to assault someone because words. Neo-nazis and KKK members are allowed to stand in public and say stuff as long as they don't break the law by doing so... And if they do break the law, it's the police's business to subdue them - not yours.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-29 at 01:36 AM.

As sad as it is to say, I almost wish some of those "counter protestors" would have gotten shot. I don't much like the neo-nazi's, but they were using their freedom of speech to express themselves in a peaceful manner. The correct response would have been to just ignore them and not give them the attention they want. Using violence to curb someone's constitutional freedoms is about as fascistic as it gets.
    The protesters have the freedom of speech to protest as well, as for the melee I'm sure some of the melee was invoked by each side as it was spread out all over the park in small areas of chaos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The protesters have the freedom of speech to protest as well, as for the melee I'm sure some of the melee was invoked by each side as it was spread out all over the park in small areas of chaos.
    "invoked"

https://twitter.com/ABC10Frances/sta...73380336418816 - http://www.bamn.com/

It's a militant organisation aimed to disturb these events by outnumbering them and bringing weapons.

It is never acceptable to use violence against non-violent people. Sure, the neo-Nazis are true scumbags and I hardly feel sorry for them. But, that does not excuse the actions of the attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to stab someone, I have no respect for you. White power people or just people who are liberal minded. No stabbing people.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pretty sure the anarchists got their ass handed to them
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Funny enough if it was a black panther rally that got attacked the police would have been all over the attackers, they would be labeled racists and charged with hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The far left and the far right, identical twins arguing over who is uglier.
    Pretty much, you see supertony51 just whining and stamping his feet in every thread trying to elevate himself and his ilk from the ugliness and anti-social rhetoric that they subscribe to, only to just advance it.

It's funny how polar extremes use each other to discredit the moderate; those standing in the middle who do not subscribe to any of these toxic narratives.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

However, there is a very clear implied sympathy for them. That is what I am disagreeing with, not their freedom of speech. Showing sympathy to un-American traitors to score some political points cheapens your overall argument.

Let's not forget just who that enemy is: the most dangerous, most threatening group to ever challenge the US and one we weren't necessarily guaranteed "a win" against either. Hating my country and actively seeking to subvert it as they do, while championing its largest historical enemy, won't garner much sympathy from me—and feels like a bit of a betrayal to the sacrifice of The Greatest Generation.

They have the right to say what they want, but I have that right as well; I will use it fully to counter their propaganda.

However, there is a very clear implied sympathy for them. That is what I am disagreeing with, not their freedom of speech. Showing sympathy to un-American traitors to score some political points cheapens your overall argument.

Let's not forget just who that enemy is: the most dangerous, most threatening group to ever challenge the US and one we weren't necessarily guaranteed "a win" against either. Hating my country and actively seeking to subvert it as they do, while championing its largest historical enemy, won't garner much sympathy from me—and feels like a bit of a betrayal to the sacrifice of The Greatest Generation.

They have the right to say what they want, but I have that right as well; I will use it fully to counter their propaganda.
    It's not sympathy brother.

I abhor their message. I hate the violence being used against them even more.

Either the 1st amendment is for everyone or no one. The moment we allow ourselves to become okay with the idea of using violence to silence a dissenting political views, is the moment we willing sacrifice our commitment to the preservation of the rights that are supposed to be sacred to all Americans.

And police was just standing there, watching people get stabbed and so on? Great professionalism.