Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It is almost like it isn't an organized group with any firm ideologies, and instead just dumbasses spewing bollocks and getting far more exposure than they should
    The alternative is they piss themselves in frustration and get Good Retard points from the rest of their internet club.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    The alternative is they piss themselves in frustration and get Good Retard points from the rest of their internet club.
    And we care, for some odd reason... My father told me that fools care about foolish things, but those who care for what fools care about, are even bigger fools.

It is almost like it isn't an organized group with any firm ideologies, and instead just dumbasses spewing bollocks and getting far more exposure than they should
    Sure , but that doesn't mean they aren't SJWs too.

My favourite thing about the cultural appropriation nutters is that the moment you point out them appropriating ANYTHING created by white people they turn around and tell you how it's completely fine.

You know, just like how they tell you that racism against white people isn't a thing.

And we care, for some odd reason... My father told me that fools care about foolish things, but those who care for what fools care about, are even bigger fools.

Trump is a fool yeah? But people care about what he thinks cause that fool could wind up in a position to make policy that affects you.

SJWs (fools or not ) are the same. You'd be stupid to ignore people who have positioned themselves to persuade people with power to pander to them.

10 years ago a "safe space" would get you laughed at. Now they are actually a thing in several college campuses... So yeah. Try and ignore moves like that. People resigning and shit cause of these morons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Trump is a fool yeah? But people care about what he thinks cause that fool could wind up in a position to make policy that affects you.

SJWs (fools or not ) are the same. You'd be stupid to ignore people who have positioned themselves to persuade people with power to pander to them.

10 years ago a "safe space" would get you laughed at. Now they are actually a thing in several college campuses... So yeah. Try and ignore moves like that. People resigning and shit cause of these morons.
    Well, history is riddled with idiocy, our age would be miraculous if it was without it. Problem mostly arises, because we first of all listen to them, but then it also becomes quite a thing because we discuss and somehow try and reason it into submission and it just gets nasty until someone either caves to them or simply ignores them. We tend to hear about companies, individuals or groups that do cave to them, but then there is also all the ones that just ignore them and that never is news, even when odds are the ratio is very heavy towards the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    "Cultural appropriation is adoption or use of elements of one culture by members of a different culture without invitation or permission of use." How the heck do you ask for permission and from who?
    1) Walk up to any hispanic person. Any random one will do because they are all hispanic and they all hold property rights over hispanic culture.
    2) Ask them loudly and abrasively "MAY I PLEASE WEAR A SUMBRERO"
    3) Profit
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-06-29 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I just hope all those BLM protestors that take over college buildings aren't ordering pizza or Asian food...because that would make them hypocrites.
    Don't be silly. It's bad only when whites are doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cultural appropriation is the stupidest idea the PC crowd has ever come up with.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, history is riddled with idiocy, our age would be miraculous if it was without it. Problem mostly arises, because we first of all listen to them, but then it also becomes quite a thing because we discuss and somehow try and reason it into submission and it just gets nasty until someone either caves to them or simply ignores them. We tend to hear about companies, individuals or groups that do cave to them, but then there is also all the ones that just ignore them and that never is news, even when odds are the ratio is very heavy towards the latter.
    Probably doesn't get as many of those late-night views on the youtubes.

I mean, come on. 'Woman screams about Mexican hat and nothing happens' isn't going to get much interest.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    1) Walk up to any hispanic person. Any random one will do because they are all hispanic after all.
    2) Ask them loudly and abrasively "MAY I PLEASE WEAR A SUMBRERO"
    3) Profit
    Now I am imagining a dystopian future with culture ambassadors, and you have to get a special license and permission for using any items, words, slang, moves etc. from said culture.

A bureaucrats wet dream!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, come on. 'Woman screams about Mexican hat and nothing happens' isn't going to get much interest.
    Well it is why I'm not that worried about all of it, it gets disproportionate attention, and hence it seems problematic if one dapples into it.

Now I am imagining a dystopian future with culture ambassadors, and you have to get a special license and permission for using any items, words, slang, moves etc. from said culture.

A bureaucrats wet dream!

- - - Updated - - -

Well it is why I'm not that worried about all of it, it gets disproportionate attention, and hence it seems problematic if one dapples into it.
    Unfortunately, it's a case of the squeaky wheel getting the oil. It's just disproportionate attention that then becomes sensationalist. It gets a knee-jerk reaction from those that cave, and people see them cave (or worse, are pointed at them and saying 'look how thoughtful they are') and then cave as well because bad publicity.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It likely died down after that black chick tried to monopolize dreads for black people. She got some pretty harsh backlash for what she did, and rightfully so.

That quac hat from dispicible me 2... I need it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A bureaucrats wet dream!

- - - Updated - - -

I could see it now.

Anti-Twerking Legislation: Any white girls caught twirking without a ratchet license is to be fined $10,000 on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I would not put it this bluntly... but I have to agree overall, when talking about Cultural appropriation itself. People enjoying something from a different culture should make the other culture, if anything, proud... or just not care one way or another.

I ignore this topic when I see it brought up by people.
    Things like this aren't a problem (to the non-whackos); the problem generally arises when people take something sacred, like headdresses, and make a cheap costume for people to mock. Or any other religious items that people take and turn into a mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I could see it now.

Anti-Twerking Legislation: Any white girls caught twirking without a ratchet license is to be fined $10,000 on the spot.
    lol Ratchet license.

Where do you acquire said license?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasterix View Post
    You know, just like how they tell you that racism against white people isn't a thing.

they're right to mock you for this

We should come up with a new term to ridicule this... how about "race culture"?

Please stop using Zeppelin's (airships). They are part of my culture. They werent made for displaying advertisments, they were made for traveling and bombing london. Thanks.